Main Menu

Why hasnt Dawes signed?

Started by BGK, August 25, 2011, 06:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGK

Now that Daisy is just about guaranteed to have signed my attention is drawn to the fact Dawes isnt. Have we been putting to much effort into signing the big three? Or is he now a worry for GWS? Am I reading to much into it?

Even Eddie has said that one of his inside sources at GWS has said there is a big signing on the way.

What do you guys think?

Ringo

Do not know about Dawes but I suspect their next big signing will be Mitch Clarke from Lions.

8-6 Suited

bomberboy0618

I thought one of you was insane for a moment as I just looked at the dp's.
I dunno if he would leave. You would be crazy to from colligwood IMO.

AFEV

He isn't leaving. You can take that to the bank.

ossie85

We have Reid and Sidebottom to worry about also

BGK

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on August 25, 2011, 07:24:15 AM
I thought one of you was insane for a moment as I just looked at the dp's.
I dunno if he would leave. You would be crazy to from colligwood IMO.

Lol, I really should find a new one, 8-6 did have it first.

Quote from: ossie85 on August 25, 2011, 07:51:08 AM

We have Reid and Sidebottom to worry about also

The young guys worry me more than Swan did. I really don't want to loose the players coming through. Pendlebury only signing a one year extension is a worry.

BGK

Quote from: Ringo on August 25, 2011, 06:58:02 AM
Do not know about Dawes but I suspect their next big signing will be Mitch Clarke from Lions.

I think it's only a matter of weeks before this happens.

roo boys!

Dawes just hasn't signed because he doesn't know how to write his name, it's all good ::) :P

Cruiseon

Quote from: roo boys! on August 25, 2011, 08:34:23 AM
Dawes just hasn't signed because he doesn't know how to write his name, it's all good ::) :P

Dawes is actually very smart (law student).

We'll get there, in a year or two we might have some challenging situations but everything has been going along well on the contract front for now.

I think a bit of credit needs to go to Daisy. Love him (as we do) or hate him (because he is so good) he really has taken a personal hit to stay at Collingwood. It's all very well to9 say earning $500k a year is good money, but he would be offered $1m a year in a flash. A great example and I'm sure it makes Buckley's job that little bit easier in the next 18 months.

Ziplock

Quote from: Cruiseon on August 25, 2011, 11:53:20 AM

We'll get there, in a year or two we might have some challenging situations but everything has been going along well on the contract front for now.

I think a bit of credit needs to go to Daisy. Love him (as we do) or hate him (because he is so good) he really has taken a personal hit to stay at Collingwood. It's all very well to9 say earning $500k a year is good money, but he would be offered $1m a year in a flash. A great example and I'm sure it makes Buckley's job that little bit easier in the next 18 months.

yeah, I remember hearing somewhere dawes got like 98+ in his hsc :P

Spite

It was stated a little while back that they would sign Daisy and then Dawes in THAT particular order, so that they could shuffle around some cash for Daisy. Dawes has committed to the Pies and is just waiting for Daisy to sign.

roo boys!

Quote from: Cruiseon on August 25, 2011, 11:53:20 AM

Wow I couldn't have noticed that from his interviews etc.. Well done to him then!

PowerBug

Clever guy then. I'm sure he wouldn't mind sitting out the rest of the season to fight for centrelink payments to those that don't take care of themselves.

bunyip

I doubt if anyone will leave Collingwood at the moment, why would they. A young team like that, looking at back to back flags, any player would want to be a part of that. The only players that MIGHT leave are the ones that can't get a game.