Main Menu

Rookie Section

Started by 8-6 Suited, October 04, 2010, 01:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-6 Suited

m0nty, I think that we should possibly have a rookie section on the forums, perhaps in AFL or the Supercoach/Dreamteam sections to discuss and post key rookies for the upcoming draft.

Also I think it would be good to have for those rookies likely to get game time that will allow people to track a little easier of their histories and potential in taking them into their teams. I'm more than happy to post the information regarding them.

Yay/Nay?

m0nty

I would suggest a thread in the Players & Trades board would be sufficient for that sort of discussion.

CrowsFan

I think he wants a forum so that you can start a new thread about each rookie, instead of having all the rookies being talked about in the same thread cos that could get confusing.

But I do agree that it should be enough just talking about them in the sections we already have

8-6 Suited

I think that most of the new guys if they had the threads made about them in the usual spot, would be quickly washed away by the stars of today, not the rookies...

Thats just my concern.

Master Q

Both sides have a point, but how many rookies do you actually want to talk about? Plus, there are already some threads about rookies if you look at the Player Profile threads.

hawk_88

No reason why you can't have a thread on each rookie in the players thread.

Junktimer

i go to vfl games a bit, and keep up with it, i made a few countdowns about a few rookies, id be happy to do more.

hawk_88

Exactly what we want Junktimer. People sharing their insight is what makes forims like this so useful.

I follow Box Hill a bit but other than that I generally just read the odd VFL article and might go to the grand final. Insight into players on AFL lists that play VFL or VFL players that are drafted would be great.