Soccer Manager: Australian Championship 330 Banter

Started by Capt Cunners, September 20, 2010, 06:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

The Roundly Round Up

Some really close games this week. These matches show just how close the league is together.

Victory Vs Adelaide - A big crowd of almost 24,000 arrived last night to watch a nil all draw play out. The shots were flying out of nowhere trying to get that golden goal but it never came. Whoever went to the match would say the Victory got lucky since Adelaide dominated the possession game with 64%. Mkhitaryan was named man of the match with many of the Victory players outrating their Adelaide opponents. Bad news comes out from the match. Jones has been injured for Victory and is set to be out for 3 weeks. This could hurt them in the long run with 6 league matches and a few cup matches in between.

Roar Vs GC - My call for match of the round. A Goal fest once again for the Gold Coast and once again the prevail. A 4-3 scoreline read at full time. Early Strikes from Keirrason and Muller put them 2-nil infront. Defender Crescenzi goal was equaled out by a Jeffren goal. 1-3 at half time which was shortened after the break when Sturridge scored. Caravella and Ortiz scored in the next 15 minutes to leave the scores as they were. Keirrason was named man of the match with a rating of 10 even though he was subbed off after 60 minutes.There was no injuries and only 1 card given throughout the game. This was a welcome change to the 4 cards the GC received last round.

Glory Vs Fury - Another Goals Galore infront of a thrilled 8,395 fans. Fury got on the board early through Casey which was evened out with a Leontiou goal to Glory. Almsot straight out of half time and Gonzalez snatched a goal. In the space between the 73rd and 85th minute, 4 more goals would be scored. These were via Palanca, Leontiou, Rabello (consolation goal by Fury) and another Gonzalez goal which put the cream on the cake. No injuries to report and only 3 yellow cards handed out. Stat wise, this was one of the most lopsided matches this year. Possession was 68% - 32%. Add a 20 shots to 5 and we can see why the Glory are a force to be reckoned with.

Jets Vs Pheonix - Jets have secured their first win of the season with a 1-nil victory. Petrovski scored in the second half to help the Jets roll onto victory. This earned him the man of the match. The shots on goals were just shocking. The Pheonix had 19 shots on goal but couldn't convert. Most of them weren't even on target. I think we all know what they'll be working on before their next match. To top it all off, Cornejo was injured and is set to be out for almost 2 weeks.

Heart Vs Sydney - A crowd of 8,000 came to hopefully watch a demolition of a understrength Sydney side. Their coach even mentioned this pre round that their main squad will be dropped until they find form. They were willing to cop a defeat to teach them a lesson. To his suprise, their youngsters pulled of a massive 0-1 victory. The Heart players had better ratings across the board but that didn't matter for Sydney. Suprisingly, Sydney also took alot more shots as these youngsters really had nothing to lose. Although, man of the match was rewarded to Ronaldo who has found quite some form since joining the Heart.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 10, 2010, 11:23:18 AM
Looks like I am in a bit of a mean mode at the moment after saying that and misquoting fletch in the EPL thread. Maybe it is cos I have a 2000 word assignment due tomorrow!!
LOL CF ;D. That is really bad luck. I'm guessing you haven't started it yet? :P.

Next round sees BOOMZ vs Me in a Glory Vs GC showdown. This might be interesting after this round 8).

CrowsFan

Well I have managed to find 9 different journal articles I need to read before I write the report...
It is about the prevalence of obesity and what preventative measures are being taken to decrease it.
I HATE UNIVERSITY!!!

Capt Cunners

CrowsFan

Looks like I have hit a form slump!
A draw and a loss from my last 2 games makes for a not happy manager

Justin Bieber

WOW CF :o. All on the last day as well!!! Good luck doing that. I have to do some work as well so will be in and out all day as I do it while listening to music :P.

You should be too CC. Maybe do what BP did to keep his players in check ;).

I have just found form!!! 2 wins but am conceeding alot of goals *gulp.

CrowsFan

Yeah I only really work well on assignments if they are due the next day. If they aren't then I say to myself I have plenty of time until the day before haha!
Weird you are conceding lots of goals. Didn't you buy a few defenders right away to make sure you had a good defense?

Justin Bieber

I've got Turnull between the sticks. Rod was out resting. Had a below par defence but I don't know why they are :'(. Maybe it's because I play attacking football? Probably the explanation :'(.

Be prepared for goals whoever verses me ;).

Boomz

I think I get some of my players back from suspension ;D beware HP :P

BratPack

Quote from: Capt Cunners on October 10, 2010, 11:47:15 AM
I can not believe we lost!! I am fuming!!

Considering only 3 of my regulars actually played I'd be fuming too  :P

CrowsFan

So BP just a quick question. For the cup match on monday night will you be going with the youngens that got you a win or for the old heads who have been playing so poorly?

BratPack

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 10, 2010, 01:51:54 PM
So BP just a quick question. For the cup match on monday night will you be going with the youngens that got you a win or for the old heads who have been playing so poorly?

Not sure. I'm thinking at least Carle and Rukastvya will come back in, maybe Ortega if he's fit, he's due to be back that day

HillHero13

CrowsFan

First win since you have been in charge i think Hilly.

Well BP I will be using all my reserve players. Only player who will play both games is Dudek. I play my games at a fast tempo so they wont recover in time to play on monday i don't think

CrowsFan

Actually just checked Hilly and since you have been in charge you have won 2 and lost 2