Do you regret starting/not starting with GAJ??

Started by chatters24, September 02, 2010, 10:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatters24

After much arguing at the start of the year whether it was the right thing to start with GAJ at the start of the year or not, I thought I'd just put the question out there for those who started with him do you regret spending the $522k to get him? And for those who didn't start with his do you wish that you did?

It was a season of 2 halves for GAJ. He came out in smoking hot form between rounds 1 to 7 averaging a massive 137.33, however from the Brisbane game in round 8 until the end of the season he only managed to average 111.73. In the end he managed to finish with an average of 119.05.

I didn't start with him and I never picked him up during the season. I had my opportunity half way through the season after he had put in some low scores and his price had gone down but there were no real dominating signs from him so I decided against picking him up. I don't regret not having him at the price he started at. I think for me no side really ended up winning. I think GAJ year was really just on par with his starting price.

ossie85

I picked up Ablett at a lower price half way through the season, no regrets really. Swan I had from the beginning, and he Ablett were very good in tandom

Justin Bieber

Same as ossie. When Barlow went down, Got him in.

Saying that, I started with Joel Selwood, Boyd and Joey. DIdn't need Ablett. But during the season, was my last midfield upgrade. Swan was before him and Dlids was the first at round 4. Could of done the year without him and go unique with Swallow but didn't :(.

Reckon it was the right decision by me.

BigCoost

wish i started with ablett/pods instead of riewoldt/strauss wouldve made my season

Master Q

Hawka

McRooster

Quote from: hawka26 on September 03, 2010, 08:35:05 PM
got him the in rnd7 or 8 no regrets
Same.
That is when though he went from averaging 137 back to 108 for the next 8 or so  >:(

So yeah I regret not starting with him, and Chappy.

DazBurg

i regret not starting with GAJ or swan at least one of them i should of started with then i wouldn't of started the year so bad

browny_wce

didnt have the entire year and won both my league GFs
my policy of the swan-boyd-joey trio dominated over the swan-ablett duo

RyanV22

Choose swan over him at the start and traded Judd in instead of Ablett when Barlow went down. Didn't really make a difference as I was out of contention for snapping up the over all prize and still won both my GFs. If he stays at Geelong I'll definitely be picking him up next year.

Holz

i regret not having the super premiums like ablett and selwood this year, as you can see by the overall winners team he had both. Next year i probably wont get ablett but will get Swan and Boyd as i think they will be the 2 best players next year. If Ablett stays in gellong i may pick him up next year as well instead of selwood.

EAGLE4LIFE

no i happilly went without him for the season and his averaged dropped so i'm ok

brodman_18

I regret leaving him as auto (C) for like 5 weeks ater rnd 8 when Swan and God were smashing it. Learnt my lesson.

henry2

I brought him when barlow went down and proberly the best buy of the year i brought him at $430 ish?