The Grand Final Win

Started by browny_wce, August 30, 2010, 06:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

browny_wce

for those who played in a GF this weekend

how much did u win by?
and
who were your (unique to your opponent) players that stood up?

won one of my GFs by 192pts and the other by 35pts

malceski - 108
sam mitchell - 128
rockliff - 102
and dane swan as captain with 266

dean01

Smashed my opponent by 140 which was a good effort as no Didak,Brown,Hodge,Enright,Carrazzo off in first Quarter.
Travis Boak stood up with 148 and young David Ellard slipped into a run with role on Munday for 98 match winning points.
What the hell am i going to do at work for the next 6 months?

Flame

gone in both by about a 100..

it'll be a long 6 mths plotting revenge!!

CFC 1979

GF 1 - loss by 68 point
boris late out killed me as well as carrazzo's 15

GF 2 - loss by 45
mathew "i'm a prick" primus pulled hitchcock out late
i was +63 points up with hitchy V boomer

2 years in DT, 3 GF's and 3 losses of 68 points or under

i agree flame, my revenge next year in 3 leagues will be swift and lethal
the bear can only be poked so many times before it bights back

McRooster

I concentrated on one particular league this year, one that I'd been bridesmaid in twice previously.
My Gf opponent was the creator of the league and also my lil sis.

2051 v 1693 final score left me feeling triumphant yet hollow, like it was just too easy  :P
But then I remembered the pain of previous defeats and the sweet taste of victory had me salivating!!

Took my sis out to dinner with my family on the Friday and began the devilish act of declaring who my last two trades were (Hodge to Carazzo  :P and Pods to Chappy  :-\) and who my Captain (Swan) was, knowing she would have already had the C on Swan. I made sure she should remember that Joey had a 151 v Crows earlier this year and that he could be an alternative captain choice.
She left shortly after dessert and I saw later she had indeed raced home to change Captain to Joey...telling the truth had sown enough doubt into her mind  that it put one hand on the cup for me by getting her to change captain.  ;D

Next year will again go 3 leagues.

RiOtChEsS

2 undefeated seasons and one 7point victory... sides were different in a few ways but sunday morning it was evident that it was keep chris newman under 100pts technically 101 in the event of a tie id win... he racked up 40 odd in the first qtr and i had to go find something else to do bcos i was losing hair faster than burt newton :-X

roo boys!

Won the Minor Premiership (I know) by a few hundred :D

thatguy

scraped home in my main league by 13 points, was sweating bullets watching the bombers v dogs.

checked at half time and I was 75 points clear, I had Gia and TDL in the swans match v Hall, Hille and Grant (where the f**k did he come from).

at three quarter time was 35 up, by final siren was 6 ahead then watched TDL give away a free kick! thank god he pulled his head in!

mattyondrums

Lost mine by around 200 points. Those 6 players I had out made a huge difference=\

McRooster

Quote from: roo boys! on August 31, 2010, 07:10:28 AM
Won the Minor Premiership (I know) by a few hundred :D
The team that won our minor final RB scored 120 or so more than me in the final round.  :o
Glad he lost rnd 18 and fell to 9th  ;D
Phew!!