Previous topic - Next topic

DT Grand finalists should be given 2 reward trades

Hell Yeah
6 (26.1%)
Suck it up
17 (73.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Plastic Boy

With a host of key players resting and out this week I think DT grand finalists should be given 2 reward trades for making it to the Grand Final.

Whats your thoughts?

sf#23

ossie85

Yeah, just bad luck really. I'm in a grand final, will get a zero, tough luck really

thornz23

would be nice but would clearly be unfair because u could reli climb the overall standings if people ahead of u hadnt made the gf's in their leagues.. :P

RobsOverAchieverss

How would that work if you make it to a final in one league but not in another?

Plastic Boy

Before you get too carries away I have plenty of bench cover to avoid donuts, just a thought

CuStArDaRm

Not a bad thought but it wouldnt work.
Check out DTTalk they have spoken about next season on their last vid.
24 trades and 3 covers for each posi! ;)

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: RobsOverAchieverss on August 26, 2010, 06:28:24 PM
How would that work if you make it to a final in one league but not in another?
IT WONT WORK I JUST SAID THAT.

Flame

the Pretender

Nope...

If you used all your trades to get to the GF - too bad.

If I managed my trades better and still got there, I'll win.
Otherwise what's the advantage to me for saving trades?

Plus the fact that it would stuff up the overall rankings.

I agree all these players being rested absolutely sucks,
particularly because it's often the best players who, by definition, you've had in your team to get this far... but two extra trades isn't the solution.

Holz

stupid idea, i have made it into the final with 1 trade left and dont even need as have good enough cover, there hasnt be too man outs this weeks with all the superstars playing except hodge

benjy251090

Quote from: Holzman on August 27, 2010, 02:42:09 AM
stupid idea, i have made it into the final with 1 trade left and dont even need as have good enough cover, there hasnt be too man outs this weeks with all the superstars playing except hodge
important outs (not that i have all of them):

cooney
pods
mumford
brown
josh hunt
didak
schneider (has had a good year)
watson

you are kidding yourself saying that hodge is the only superstar out, even though not all of the above are superstars, many people were counting on them being in for the final, especially pods as many only kept him this long for the drubbing of WCE at skilled stadium

cheesydave

I kept seven trades for the finals and four for the last two weeks. If you want to win a grand final you need to. Cop a few more donuts during the season (do a Freo against the Hawks and throw a game) scrape into the eight and then hit the other teams with sledge hammer.

Holz

sorry benjy i forgot didak, besides didak and hodge basically all these players should be you 7th backman/forward or your second ruck so should hve cover. If your playing cooney on the ifeld your in trouble anyway

first of all cooney,mumford,schinder and watson are pretty uniquie only being in about 10% of teams or less. Pods is a big one but you should have coover. Hunt is pretty popular but should be knowhere near your 22 if you in a grandfinal in a decent league.

If you have decent cover you will have to be pretty unlucky to get more than 1 donut. Plus thats the reason you save trades for

Plastic Boy

Had cover for all my outs, then Selwood was late out, cost me a donut in mid...

bloody Gysberts