2 Trades + $226,900 - What Next??

Started by Trigger, August 20, 2010, 11:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigger

Hi all,

I guess I am in one sense fortunate that I have trades left, but it is bloody hard to make a decision.

Team

Backs - Heater, God, Hodge, Duffman, Waters, Enright, Strijk - Emg: Grimes, Sheppard
Mids - GAJ, Swan, Cooney, Joey, Gibbs, Simpson - Emg: Critchton, Stevenson
Rucks - Cox, Warnock - Emg: Sandi, $83k Spud
Fwds - Rioli, Roo, ROK, Goodes, Rocky, Stevie J, Boomer - Emg: Fyfe, Peterson

I need to upgrades Grimes to any Def this week as I have no Emg and move Strijk to the pine. Who is going well and likely to play next 2 weeks. Johncock, Broughton???

The other question I have is do I go all out this week and use 2nd trade making sure that I make the GF. If so who for who???

Hope you can help!

benjy251090

just use the one, sandi should be back next week, if not, trade him for someone then

in terms of backmen, how about someone like lake, gilbert, fisher, kelly, waite, scotland

Trigger

Quote from: benjy251090 on August 20, 2010, 11:07:57 AMin terms of backmen, how about someone like lake, gilbert, fisher, kelly, waite, scotland

Benjy,

Will Lake play???, being a Sainter I am not happy with with either gilbert or fisher this year. Will Waite be able to control himself for 2 weeks???. Scotland playing Geelong & Freo not sure about?

Thanks

benjy251090

Quote from: Trigger on August 20, 2010, 11:15:42 AM
Quote from: benjy251090 on August 20, 2010, 11:07:57 AMin terms of backmen, how about someone like lake, gilbert, fisher, kelly, waite, scotland

Benjy,

Will Lake play???, being a Sainter I am not happy with with either gilbert or fisher this year. Will Waite be able to control himself for 2 weeks???. Scotland playing Geelong & Freo not sure about?

Thanks
well he is named so you never know, symes or chaplin could be good uniques depending on who you are vsing

Trigger

Quote from: Trigger on August 20, 2010, 11:15:42 AM

Benjy,

Quote from: benjy251090 on August 20, 2010, 11:17:34 AMwell he is named so you never know, symes or chaplin could be good uniques depending on who you are vsing

They are both unique but both Broughton & Johncock are averaging over 100

Do you think they might not play both games?

superstar

BROUGHTON IS MY UNIQUE, HAS BEEN DOING QUITE WELL.

Trigger

Quote from: superstar on August 20, 2010, 11:47:20 AM

I am leaning towards Broughton given the amount of outs Freo have this week and the 144 he scored last week  :D

Fletch74

I'd be careful about the 2 Saints backmen as well. The Saints might be tempted to rest someone as a late withdrawl this weekend, and Gilbert/Fisher could be one of them.

I personally would go with Kelly. He has played well all year.

Trigger

Any chance Kelly could be rested in next 2 weeks?

Will Broughton get more time in the middle given the white flag being waved by M.H. ???

sunny_side_down

Quote from: superstar on August 20, 2010, 11:47:20 AM
broughton is a gun, especially against hawks this week where the ball is going to be in the back half a fair amount, he should rack up the touches, i think broughton all the way

Fletch74

Quote from: Trigger on August 20, 2010, 02:45:46 PM
Any chance Kelly could be rested in next 2 weeks?

Will Broughton get more time in the middle given the white flag being waved by M.H. ???
I wouldn't think so. He has already missed 2 games during the year.

Trigger

Ok All,

I made it through to both G.F's but at a cost. No Cooney or Hodge. With only 1 trade left I am not sure which way to go ???

Cooney out - Any Mids except Selwood. Thinking Lenny might be good given he rested last week?.

Hodge - bench. Strijk - on

OR

Hodge out - Any Defender. I am thinking Johncock or Lake?

Cooney - bench. Critchton or Stevenson

Which way do you all think???

Cheers and good luck to everyone in the GF this week  ;D ;D

bonebones

Defo strijk on for hodge and cooney out for Lenny or boyd

Samm79

Thanks Trigger and good luck to you too.

I agree with BB and Lenny will be fresh after a week off.

Trigger

No worries,

Will wait until closer to lockout before pulling the Trigger ..........  ;)