FOX SPORTS A-LEAGUE

Started by Hawka, July 14, 2010, 07:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueStorm

OK, now that I have a little time, here are some thoughts for the week ahead.

Major Outs:
Muscat (saying 4 weeks, but would be staggered if he doesn't face Heart on Oct 2)
Beauchamp (suspended for 2 weeks).

Also, the Aussie Youth Team has an upcoming fixture. I think they are only missing one week, but incl the cream of A League youth and have been popular cheap picks.

The absent incl - Dugandzic, Ferreira, Foschini (Victory) Payne, Cernak (Nth Qld) Jesic (New) Devere (Bris) Mullen (Adel).

Trade Options
If you are not hell bent on picking up Newcastle or Gold Coast players this week (with 2 games in the round), Perez returns from suspension for Central Coast. Looked flash in his early game before copping a 2 game ban for diving (hallelejah! Way to go A League judiciary)  :)

Priced at only 5.9, he showed he can take a penalty (always handy to have a few penalty takers in your squad  ;)) Will direct the midfield traffic.

Now for those looking at grabbing some New or GC double action, the following have attraction:

Moss (GK - GC) 7.0
Culina (Mid - GC) 10.1
Djite (Fwd - GC) 8.0 * My pick of the week.
Bridges (Fwd - New) 8.4

Bear in mind Gold Coast have both matches at home, so lean towards them if you can't decide. They have also had 2 byes already, so no need to worry about that for ages.

Happy Trading!

Justin Bieber

Djite looks juicy ;D. Replacing Smeltz is no easy task but with CUlina as his playmaker :o.

BlueStorm

Now I am going to do this once, and your reaction will decide if it happens again.

As a veteran of A League Fantasy (since day dot), I feel this is really the only comp my experience can help others. I love my SC but haven't cracked top 5000, and normally wallow about midfield in EPL fantasy. I don't feel qualified in those comps to be offering advice.

It seems many of you are have little to no knowledge on many of the 'minor' players - I certainly don't mean that in a bad way! I am glad you are playing the camp and having a crack.

I had a peek at the teams in our Classic League. I am going to make suggestions as to who you should dump from your squads, for various reasons. I have mentioned a few possible inclusions in the previous post.

Ossie - Ramsay (Adel) will struggle for game time as the big names return from injury, Greenacre (Well) doesn't seem to have improved this season and could spend the cash better elsewhere.

Rob - Carle (Syd) is looking at missing another 2 weeks, and hardly sparkled when he did play (I had the goat too!) Henrique (Qld) suffered a shocking arm injury last week and will miss the bulk of the season. Trading those 2 would give you plenty to play with.

Yoda - Greenacre (see above). Obviously got your 2 New bench players to come in. Sorry, think Neville is another in the National Youth Team. Going quite nicley...

AUFC - Big week, well done. Surprised a Reds supporter could bring himself to pick up Muscat in the 1st place ;) He looks like missing a couple, maybe Thwaite from GC is a handy replacement who can score the odd goal, and save you some coin.

Hello - Heffernan is proving to be over priced, and largely disappointing (I had him too!). Kruse is going to miss at least another game, might be worth grabbing a (cheaper) Djite.

Benjy - Doubt you will get much return from Foxe. Sure, he's cheap, but will only come on a late sub in a backline that can't keep a clean sheet. Kruse (see above).

McRooster - Kwasnik is a goat, and will give you nothing but heartburn. Break free now! Kellaway from Victory is not cheap and seems destined for a bit part role - the kind that drove Ward from the club.

Again, I mean no offence, and if you don't want my suggestions, tell me to shut up. Only trying to help, and we are all shooting to boost the league rating.

Trade your team aggressively to take advantage of the quirks in the draw ;)
Cheers Lads

BlueStorm

Sorry Hello, see you are already all over the Bruce Boy. Can see at least 11 points from him this game round.

Fletch74

Shhh! about Djite. He's my secret weapon :(

ossie85

Quote from: BlueStorm on September 16, 2010, 08:44:24 PM
It seems many of you are have little to no knowledge on many of the 'minor' players - I certainly don't mean that in a bad way! I am glad you are playing the camp and having a crack.

Ossie - Ramsay (Adel) will struggle for game time as the big names return from injury, Greenacre (Well) doesn't seem to have improved this season and could spend the cash better elsewhere.

You're correct! I know nothing about A-league. In fact, if you asked me who was on my fantasy team, I'd struggle to name 3. Going on stats alone, and at the moment, seems to be working as top of the ladder am I :)

BlueStorm

And doing very nicely!

As I said, not out to offend anyone, and only made the comment about lack on knowledge based on statements that people are playing this because it is Fantasy, not because they love or know the game.

ossie85

RobsOverAchieverss

I have gone for the wildcard this week, my team was going fine untill this two games in a week thing what aload of crap, Becuase i love Adelaide this year and add 4 players hurts when they only play once hopefully the wildcard gets me back where i belong!

BlueStorm

We get the same in the EPL Rob, with some teams having two games in a round, some none.

Brave strategy, ages until Adelaide have the two games, but at least no bye for Adelaide for the next month. Best of luck...

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: BlueStorm on September 17, 2010, 04:31:06 PM
We get the same in the EPL Rob, with some teams having two games in a round, some none.

Brave strategy, ages until Adelaide have the two games, but at least no bye for Adelaide for the next month. Best of luck...
Yeah but its rare and not until the end the double games!

BlueStorm

Au contraire, once Euro competitions are in full swing and the English winter starts freezing pitches, more often that not to have doubles.

Not fighting with you, but all these comps have quirks. Just wait for SC next year with the 1 and 3 game byes...

ossie85

Quote from: RobsOverAchieverss on September 17, 2010, 04:24:52 PM
I have gone for the wildcard this week, my team was going fine untill this two games in a week thing what aload of crap, Becuase i love Adelaide this year and add 4 players hurts when they only play once hopefully the wildcard gets me back where i belong!

That is crap btw. They should average the two scores or something

PowerMan

Quote from: BlueStorm on September 17, 2010, 04:36:54 PM
Au contraire, once Euro competitions are in full swing and the English winter starts freezing pitches, more often that not to have doubles.

Not fighting with you, but all these comps have quirks. Just wait for SC next year with the 1 and 3 game byes...
[/b]

this, It'll screw a lot of people if they don't manage there teams from day 1.

at least it'll only be for 1 season!

Justin Bieber

I used the Wildcard as well this week. Team was absolutely horrible.

Big in's this week include: Culina, Ifill, Flores, Thwaite and Brockie (Double header by the Jets for 2 weeks).

Had to jump on a few average players to afford them but worth it 8).