2022 Player(s) X v Player(s) Y

Started by billnats, March 14, 2022, 11:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

1. Rich vs Hall vs Sicily and cash
2. Pick 2 of Hayes, Maritn and Dixon
3. Horne-Francis vs Polec

billnats

Ok so I’m doing my first 3 trades before the price rise. Which scenario do I go with?
A)
Out: Whitfield, Marshall & Berry
In: Hall, Jackson & Cripps

B)
Out: Whitfield, Ward & Owen
In: Bowey, Cripps & D. Stephens

A has a couple more keepers but means I keep a couple non playing mid rookies.
B more risky but greater cash Gen.

Bully

Quote from: billnats on March 27, 2022, 11:12:06 PM
Ok so I’m doing my first 3 trades before the price rise. Which scenario do I go with?
A)

B)

Is the 150 for Bowey an outlier? If so, he might make quick cash but then stagnate around 350k, I'm not entirely sold although I get the fact he's banked some cash.

billnats

Quote from: Bully on March 27, 2022, 11:34:46 PM
A)

B)

Is the 150 for Bowey an outlier? If so, he might make quick cash but then stagnate around 350k, I'm not entirely sold although I get the fact he's banked some cash.
Jackson & Bowey are the same for me. Cash Gen risk v reward.

It’s more missing out on Stephens money and then keeping two non playing rookies on bench.

Bully

Quote from: billnats on March 28, 2022, 09:15:28 AM
A)

B)

It’s more missing out on Stephens money and then keeping two non playing rookies on bench.

Why don't you grab Stephens, Hall & Cripps?

Bully

Just on Bowey, he's played 6 games & only once hit the ton, I'd say he makes 120 in 3 weeks and then stays in that 350-400 range.
Not a must but a neat way to make some dough if you want to upgrade De Koning.

On the flipside, Whitfield is due to lose 50k, Hall to gain 40k, that's a 90k turnaround which almost cancels out Bowey's rise.
This is the clincher for me, I'd rather get the money on the field as the cash gen is negligible.

Bowey vs Xerri?

Bowey is less likely to maintain the 100 average, rucks usually have a floor of 80 & that average would seem beyond Bowey IMO.

arbel

A)

B)

I'd be going A, more trust in that one to perform better

Bully

Also don't forget that Skinner will be on the bubble next week, he will be my De Koning replacement if he makes it to game 3.

arbel

Ok not sure which way to go ... I am definitely doing Gawn to English then 2 of the following.

A) One of Whitfield or RIdley to Hall.

and

B) Hough to Stephens or Ginnivan (via Rachele)

Can only get one of stephens/ginnivan. Not sure who is going to have more upside?

Don't have Martin (ess) yet but will get him following week since he has one more week til price rise.

Bully

Quote from: arbel on March 28, 2022, 05:17:18 PM
Ok not sure which way to go ... I am definitely doing Gawn to English then 2 of the following.

A) One of Whitfield or RIdley to Hall.

and

B) Hough to Stephens or Ginnivan (via Rachele)

Can only get one of stephens/ginnivan. Not sure who is going to have more upside?

Don't have Martin (ess) yet but will get him following week since he has one more week til price rise.

Very solid trades, I probably take Stephens as I think he will be a tad more consistent.

billnats

Quote from: Bully on March 28, 2022, 10:19:48 AM
A)

B)

400K short 😂

Bully

Quote from: billnats on March 29, 2022, 07:12:13 AM
Quote from: Bully on March 28, 2022, 10:19:48 AM
A)

B)

400K short 😂

Priority should be getting Berry up tp to Cripps, Owen up to Stephens, pull whatever lever is necessary to get this over the line.

thornz23

Guys I'm very happy with my team, but I'm thinking of a few corrections this week with a booster.
I've hit most of the rookies and got Hewett, cripps, Rowell, Berry, xerri, bodie.
I've missed dyl Stephens and I'm not loving McGovern, ridley and Whitfield.
So, im looking at ridley, hough and McGovern out for bowey, Stephens and heeney
I'd love to do Whitfield out instead of Ridley but fall $12k short on the trade.
What do you think of the proposal? Should note I haven't used a trade yet
Also side note, wonder whether I go de goey over heeney, am I just chasing points with heeney?

enzedder

Personally think DeGoey is a better pick than Heeney.
Would trade Whitfield before Ridley as well but understand the frustration with both.
As far as the trades go I’m not too sure I would go ahead with it. You have the main guys and are burning 3 trades to not get much.
McGovern may still earn a bit if he gets the interceptions. They have Hawks this week so fair chance of a good score.
In your case I’d probably look at a single trade. Probably Whitfield to Bowey for a cash grab and trade Bowey in a few weeks to a premium defender         

thornz23

Thanks for the response  you've given me pause to rethink Gov, and agree Whitfield is a much higher priority out than rids.
How much of a must have is Stephens? Maybe Whitfield to boeey and hough to Stephens?