Ringos 2022 Team Thread

Started by Ringo, December 16, 2021, 02:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Thoughts on Brad Crouch was looking at him instead of Merrett. Did not quite have the cash but if Durdin/Cleary play will be the downgrade rather than Wehr will have the cash. Thompson is also a test so will have handy bench.
I intend to keep Hobbs but snookered myself with having both Hobbs and Long forward.  Maybe one trade in future maybe Stephens down as he will bottom out.

Mat0369

I don't know if Crouch is going to keep these numbers up, especially when Steele gets back. I'd grab a much cheaper Merrett who I feel can be a 110 guy in the back end of the year.

Bully

Guthrie another to consider.

Ringo

Looked at Guthrie with Cats draw, Just wondering if Danger and Jelwood will take points.

Sabretooth Tigers

:)

Nice finishing team mate. Hopefully you can sit on it until finals time and then luxury trade.
Bully makes a very good point about Wehr. Best of luck Mr R.

;)

Ringo

Pity Durdin plays tonight and I am out, Espexcially now with Teakle playing as well so I have 19 players including Durdon.

Ringo

OK seeing that Teakle and Dambrosi are named to debut have changed trades slightly.

Going SDK/Daicos/Zorko to Dambrosi/ Keays/Docherty will have 19 playing 20 if Thompson gets up.  Changed Merrett to Keays, Also considered Guthrie. 5 trades and $52k

Ringo

Rd 14 Score 1,763
Round 14 Rank 35,612
Overall Rank: 5,852 (down 867)

Moved up 5000 places during byes which is acceptable.

Rd 14 Team

Good: Sinclair. Docherty. Macrae, Laird, English, Parker, Dunkley, Coniglio,
Pass:D'Ambrosio, Miller, Stephens, Hobbs
Bad: Short, Crioos, Greg Clark, Butters (Injury)
Ugly: Keays, Witts, Teakle Captaining Touk over Macrae

With only 5 trades and $53k left thinking 3 options initially
1. Butters to Duncan/Heeney/ Toby Green/Jeremy Cameron
Concerns will Duncan keep it up when Danger returns -  Heeney we know the roller coaster, and Toby Green can he go through without suspension. Cameron a KPP but could score large with Geelong's reasonable run home
2. Greg Clark to Hudson Clarke opening up DPP to use Hobbs at M9/F7 and Butters to Bont/Libba
Concern with Bonts shoulder if Dogs can not make 8 will he get an early mark.
3. No trade and ride out if only 2 weeks with Hobbs at F6, If Longer than 2 weeks have to trade,

Bully

I feel you will have to trade Darcy Cameron when Grundy returns (or at least push him to the bench), grabbing Bont then makes a little more sense.

I've mulled over Heeney, I feel a tad bit uneasy but the facts speak for themselves, we're 14 rounds in and he is the clear number 6 forward.

The rollercoaster hasn't been too bad this year, only one horror score a few weeks ago, 11 scores over 80 and 6 tons. I think at worst you get a 95 average from here.

Duncan not a terrible pick but he comes with a fair bit of uncertainty, Cameron probably a better bet at F7, Libba OK but if you are planning for Bont that's high Doggies exposure and a covid outbreak has the potential to derail your season.

Ringo

English out now forces a rethink.
Cameron and English interchange Hobbs on,
So options now and will have to trade Butters
1 trade of Butters to Duncan/Heeney/Toby Greene/Rankine. Did some research on Rankine and he has averaged 95 from Rd 8 on and Suns have reasonable draw as well. 95 acceptable for F6 and bank 60k if I do Rankine.  Will assist Cameron when Grundy back if required,
2. Do the down up with Clark to Clarke and Butters to Bont.

Bully

Not sure if this impacts you too much but Cleary might get a run this week with Duryea out for 2 months.

Mat0369

I'd avoid Rankine. Grab the guy with the highest amount of mid time would be mu guess.

Duncan has a great first quarter each week and then disappears. I'd probably pass at this point.

I think it's worth burning 2 trades for Bont

Sabretooth Tigers

:)

Definitely option 2 is better than 1. But how about option 3. ?  Stop after the Clark to Clarke and play Hobbs and Clarke thus saving a trade. And if Butters is only out for 1 or 2 weeks keep him.
3 Trades left with 9 rounds to play is making it pretty hard on yourself to survive, especially with the way players are dropping. Whichever way you choose all the very best of luck. Cheers from the prehistoric insomniac

::)

Ringo

Thank you all and these trades will be considered over the next day: Dependent on team announcements.
Option 1. Trade Greg Clark to Judson Clarke play Judson Clarke and Hobbs for Butters and English $190k cash in kitty 4 trades
Option 2. Trade Butters to any prem $520k and under Heeney/Toby Greene/Mitch Duncan/Treloar. jeremy Cameron/Tom Hawkins also options but wary of KPP but Cats have a nice draw. 3 Trades. Heeney/Greene probably preferred with Greens suspension record  concern 4 trades left
Option 3. Trade Greg Clark to Judson Clark and Buttere to Libba/Bont just concern if Covid or similar hits Dogs with number in team. 3 trades left

If Greg Clark retains position may go option 2 but if not option 1 as it opens DPP with Hobbs for F7/M9.

Ringo

So with both Greg Clark and Stephens not named wondering who has the better chance of a recall. With only 5 trades think down grading both probably a waste, Thinking maybe Clark as it gives the greater cash to bank. Will leave $190k in bank.
Will sit on both Butters and English and assess next week if injuries will linger, 
Keeping 4 trades think is fair at this stage allowing sideways moves for injury.