Ringos 2022 Team Thread

Started by Ringo, December 16, 2021, 02:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Laird slipping under the radar but would be my first preference as a Steele replacement, rock solid standard deviation.

Mat0369

Quote from: Ringo on May 16, 2022, 09:34:12 AM
Rd 9 Score 2,201
Round 9 Rank 24,899
Overall Rank: 11.363 (down 541

Final Trades: Bowey, Berry, O'Driscoll to Zorko, Cameron, Rioli

Rd 8  Team
Def: Sicily, Rich, Crisp, Zorko, Bowey, Daicos (McCartin, De Koning )
Mid: Macrae, Miller, Neale,  Oliver, Cripps, Steele, Martin, Rioli ( J Horne-Francis ,McComb, Long)
Ruck: Preuss, Witts (Hayes)
For: Dunkley, Butters, Coniglio, Parker, Brodie, D Cameron (Baldwin,Rosas)

The Good: Sicily, Crisp, Zorko, Miller, Macrae, Neale, Witts, Preus, Dunkley, Parker, Brodie, Butters
Pass:Rich, Dekonning. McMartin, Daicos. Oliver, Martin, Hayes, Cameron
Bad: Short. Cripps, McComb, Rosas
Ugly: Steele, Rioli (on field) Coniglio Captains choice and injury to Steele now needing to trade,

These trades this week
Rosas, JHF/ Steele - Thompson, Clark and Laird ( OPted for Laird over Petracca, Mills and Parish)

Bye Structure 9/11/10  Prems 5/6/6  (Cogs, Butters, Rich included but may be upgraded with byes in mind) Still have 1 trade boost as well 15 trades.

Thompson feels like a wasted pick. Could you maybe look at something like moving Daicos instead of Rosas and bringing in a premo defender? Use McCartin as coverage with SDK in the backline and get rid of Daicos who looks to have hit his ceiling right now.

Quote from: Bully on May 16, 2022, 12:34:08 PM
Laird slipping under the radar but would be my first preference as a Steele replacement, rock solid standard deviation.

This x100. Legitimately contemplated starting him before his injury. He just goes about his business each week. He is probably the last upgrade I'll look at for my midfield.

Ringo

Issue with upgrading Daicos is byes as I can not really afford another prem with Rd 12 and Rd 13 bye. Hoping that Daicos stays around the same and can upgrade him after Rd 12, Want Docherty to finish defence and maybe Rich up to Stewart as luxury trade.

Ringo

Tossing up these two Trades

Trade 1 JHF/Rosas/Steele  to Clark/Thompson/Laird keeping Cogs and can loop with McCartin if Baldwin does not play. Cash left $297k
Trade 2 JHF/Rosas/Cogs to Clark/Thompson/Laird means playing McComb and Clark at M7/M8 with Rioli as only emergency unless Long plays, Nick Martin at F6 and again can loop with McCartin if Baldwin does not play. Cash $136k

Will Cogs do a Butters if I do trade 2 possibly the way my SC is going.

Either Trade leave bye Structure 9/11/10  would prefer to have 20 playing each bye to avoid a Rioli 7.

Can deal with Steele next week if I go trade 2 and SC projections only has a difference of 12 points between both Trades.

Carn

I like trade 1. I am backing in Cogs to rebound under a new system.

Mat0369

That's a lot of cash/points to be left on the bench not getting rid of Steele this week. I think he has to go regardless.  If you want to move Cogs I'd put him in place of Rosas/JHF

Ringo

Thanks all went with trade 1 giving Coniglio a week more to see the McVeigh effect.

Do I risk Cripps tonight as VC? as a POD seeing Macrae into Neale has been average over the last few weeks.

Hoping to not do any trades next week unless a forced one. Maybe Cogs to Petracca if no change in scoring.

Current Team for Rd 10

Happy with team atm with 15 trades remaining.
Trades looking at to Finish -
Def: SDK to Docherty/Hewett and then maybe Daicos to Stewart and Rich to Hewett?Docherty
Mids: Bringing in Petracca and one of Parish. Boak, Keays, Brayshaw
Rucks: No change - Maybe Preuss to Best performing Ruck
Fwds - Smith if gaining DPP and English to come in.

How to get extra cash Hayes to a donut Ruck (Visenti or Williams) with DPP giving coverage with English.  Will look at draw after Rd 12 when released and whichever of Port or Eagles have the most late games will be selected as they will be the VC donut option.
Daicos, McCartin, Martin, Clark, Rioli, Long and Baldwin all downgrade options when needed.
As I see it need a maximum of 8 trades to get all rookies off field then have 7 trades available for upgrades mid pricers eg Cogs, Butters, Cameron.

Ringo

Rd 10 Score 2,361
Round 10 Rank 17,328
Overall Rank: 10,650 (down 713)

Final Trades: Steele, Horne-Francis, Rosas - Laird, Thompson, Clark

Rd 10 Team as previous post.

The Good: Sicily, Crisp, Short Rich, Oliver, McComb, Witts, Dunkley, Parker, Brodie, Cameron, Butters, Coniglio
Pass: DeKoning, Daicos, Neale, Laird, Macrae, Rioli, Clark, Hayes. McCartin
Bad: Zorko, Martin,
Ugly: Thompson (injured), Miller, Cripps, Neale as C after having it on Oliver for most of the week, Benching Cameron to take McCartins 85.

Slowly climbing the ranks.

Looking at these trades
McCartin, Daicos, Martin to Sinclair, Petracca Cleary
12 trades remaining with $162k cash only one rookie on ground in Clark.

All being well no trades for Rd 12 with 19 playing (20 if Long gets up) Could look at Rioli or Baldwin down maybe.
Rd 13 May do 3 trades here McComb, Cleary, DeKoning, Clark or Thompson down and one up to Walsh/Docherty Keeping Hayes as extra cover at this stage.
Rd 14 Hayes down to a R/F low price rookie Visenti/Williams (whoever has the run of late matches) and a rookie up to Bont/Smith.

Mat0369

Two really solid ins. Trac had an amazing back end to last year so hopefully he can replicate it.

Ringo

With the possibility of Cleary not playing and Thompson LTI may only do the 2 trades Martin to Petracca and Thompson to Motlop.  Can notn afford possible long term donuts going forward. Can deal with Long and Baldwin in due course,

Mat0369

Cooper Stephens?

On the bubble and with Danger out he should play. Depends on Menegola coming back

Ringo

With the carnage this week trades revised:

Preuss/Martin/Baldwin to English/Petracca/Stephens

Leaves this team and reasonably happy though changes forced:

12 trades remaining,

Maybe no trades next week as will have 22 playing. One possible trade though is if Cameron gets DPP then cash in Hayes to build cash up.
Rd 13 an issue and may have to use 3 trades to get 18 players and will assess who to downgrade depending on availability, 
Rd 14 will have 19 playing so can also finalise team as far as possible.

Need some decent downgrade options.

Mat0369

The fact you have a full team next week is an achievement in itself. It may be worth making a trade like Hayes out to a rolling donut next week to set yourself up to bring in a Gawn for McCartin the week after by pocketing the early cash.

Mat0369

If Hayes is in does that change your plans?

Ringo

If Hayes is in no change of plans really.  Hoping he gets named for the Rd 13 bye and then gonski.  Hayes can sit on the pine this week and make another 20k hopefully with a B/E of 52.