2021 Bye Planning

Started by SilverLion, January 28, 2021, 12:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLion

Credit to Cromas for the image.

shaker

Is anyone actually worrying about the byes to much this year picking their keepers ?
R12 bye is terrible
Suns - 0 players of interest
Norf  - "                          "
Port   - No one stands out maybe Butters a risky pick at his price
Hawks- Only Mitchell interrupted pre season
Cats   - only Danger getting on a bit and expensive and Stewart
GWS  - really no one Kelly always getting soft tissue injuries Taranto probably the pick

Thinking I will just get who I want and worry about it at bye time what are others doing?

Gavdroid

Quote from: shaker on March 14, 2021, 12:59:12 PM
Is anyone actually worrying about the byes to much this year picking their keepers ?
R12 bye is terrible
Suns - 0 players of interest
Norf  - "                          "
Port   - No one stands out maybe Butters a risky pick at his price
Hawks- Only Mitchell interrupted pre season
Cats   - only Danger getting on a bit and expensive and Stewart
GWS  - really no one Kelly always getting soft tissue injuries Taranto probably the pick

Thinking I will just get who I want and worry about it at bye time what are others doing?

Rowell if he puts together a first half of the season like he started last year might be worth grabbing for those that don't start him.
Hawkins always seems to fly under the radar for Supercoach but could still be a top 6 forward and could be a good pod.
Kelly risky but can score big so maybe another pod.
Mitchell with half a season under his belt could be a top 10 mid again.

There's some options there but it does look a bit thin. Hopefully some of those later bye teams have some rookies going.

Mat0369

Byes will change this year. All it takes is one case in any state for WA to close their borders and throw the fixture out the window. Pick 4he best players you can afford that fit your structure and worry about byes later

Sabretooth Tigers

::)

In current team of probable keepers I have 4 in each bye round. But it is more coincidence than good planning and I pick who I think will give me more points at best value. Not mathematical enough to evaluate point ratios lost because of byes V points gained by picking the best possible at the most opportune times. Would there really be much difference in the overall ? And what Mat says.

;)

RaisyDaisy

Yeah I always keep the byes in mind

The last bye week is clearly the biggest in terms of guns missing, so I've made a conscious effort to get a mix from all 3 rounds

In terms of keepers, my bye spread at the moment is 3/4/5 so pretty happy with that

shaker

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 14, 2021, 02:06:35 PM
Byes will change this year. All it takes is one case in any state for WA to close their borders and throw the fixture out the window. Pick 4he best players you can afford that fit your structure and worry about byes later
The election was yesterday so he might have a bit different attitude now , we are talking about politicians  ;)

Ringo

I keep an eye on byes when bringing in prem keepers and also use byes to assist decision making when deciding between players,  Initially just looking at best but then using trades to balance.

Current bye structure based on my 12 keepers 1,6,5. Not the best but workable as all going to plan can bring in players who have had byes with the 3 three trades during byes.  However as someone says season can be disrupted at any time.

Bully

In terms of keepers playing, I've got a 10/7/9 spread, so clearly need to focus on round 13.

Possible Upgrades

Kelly (GWS)
Mitchell (Hawks)
Whitfield (GWS)

Fid

Mat0369

Hawks and Suns has been postponed. Will be curious to see if it's best 18 this week. If so that's fantastic news

Ringo

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 26, 2021, 06:55:43 PM
Hawks and Suns has been postponed. Will be curious to see if it's best 18 this week. If so that's fantastic news
Will be interesting to see how it is handled if postponed a week.  Still some discussions about playing at Metricon though seeing it is the Suns home game.

Mat0369

It might be played at Metricon but it won't be this week

POSTPONED: Suns-Hawks clash in Darwin called off amid COVID outbreak - https://www.afl.com.au/news/620982

Bully

Bye rounds have started already by the looks of things, pretty good timing all things considered.

OZDocker

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 26, 2021, 06:55:43 PM