B: Alex Witherden, Harris Andrews, Marcus Adams

HB: Daniel Rich, Darcy Gardiner, Callum Ah Chee

C: Hugh McCluggage, Lachie Neale, Mitch Robinson

HF: Lincoln McCarthy, Eric Hipwood, Dayne Zorko

F: Charlie Cameron, Daniel McStay, Cam Rayner

FOLL: Stefan Martin, Jarryd Lyons, Cam Ellis-Yolmen

I/C: Noah Answerth, Brandon Starcevich, Jarrod Berry, Oscar McInerney

EMER: Grant Birchall, Ryan Lester, Allen Christensen, Deven Robertson

We say: The Lions have been taking a cautious approach with Grant Birchall over the summer months to give him the best possible chance to be fit for the start of the season. If he’s fit, the Lions will want him in defence to fill the leadership and wisdom chasm Luke Hodge left, but we’ve (cautiously) left him out at this stage for Noah Answerth. After calf injuries curtailed his 2019 season with Adelaide, expect new recruit Cam Ellis-Yolmen to slot in to the Round 1 team after fitting into the midfield group with aplomb during recent match simulation. Our bolter is Brandon Starcevich, who’s fitter, stronger and injury-free compared to past years and primed to add to his five-game tally early in the year. Allen Christensen, who’s had a slightly interrupted pre-season, is stiff to miss.

My thoughts if Birchall is fit he comes in for Adams not Answerth, If Skinner continues to perform well in Marsh Cup he comes in for McStay. Ah Chee is a watch as I think we still need some run out of defence, Zac Bailey could be an option here,

GoLions

Adams and Birchall are completely different players. Would probably be Birchall for Starcevich or Ah Chee. Adams only misses if we don't need the 3rd tall.

Ringo

Think we may see a lot of selections based on opposition this year though with the depth we have in positions. Was only going on the fact that Birchall is 193cms compared to Adams 192cm.

GoLions

And Patrick Cripps is 195cm  :P

Adams will play most games if fit

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ringo on January 31, 2020, 01:36:41 PM
Think we may see a lot of selections based on opposition this year though with the depth we have in positions. Was only going on the fact that Birchall is 193cms compared to Adams 192cm.

Height doesn't really mean much - as GL said two completely different players

Birch is the rebounding HB, so the likes of Ah Chee will be fighting him for that spot, where as Adams is a KPD who will be supporting Harris and Gardner if required

SilverLion

FB: Alex Witherden, Harris Andrews, Marcus Adams

HB: Daniel Rich, Darcy Gardiner, Grant Birchall

C: Hugh McCluggage, Lachie Neale, Mitch Robinson

HF: Lincoln McCarthy, Eric Hipwood, Dayne Zorko

FF: Charlie Cameron, Daniel McStay, Cam Rayner (ugh)

FOLL: Stefan Martin, Jarryd Lyons, Cam Ellis-Yolmen

I/C: Jarrod Berry, Oscar McInerney, Callum Ah Chee, Noah Answerth

EMER: (Any of) Zac Bailey, Ryan Lester, Allen Christensen, Deven Robertson, Brandon Starcevich, Sam Skinner, Mitch Hinge, Rhys Mathieson

My take on the best 22 currently.