NBA Season 2019/2020

Started by j959, July 22, 2019, 02:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j959

Everyone happy with off-season??! ;)

Current post-free agency consensus with Clippers as faves at this early stage (all other things being equal/injuries etc with Kawhi/PG13??

As a Suns fan i'm still 'traumatised' from last pre-season's false hope - should've known no point guard would have caused an issue but then Ryan Anderson was a very poor shadow of his former self so that killed the PF position too … at least this season, as per commentary I've heard there is more 'margin for error' with James Jones' current reconstruction …

1st 5:
Rubio
Booker
Oubre Jnr
Saric
Ayton

2nd 5:
Tyler Johnson
Mikal Bridges
Cam Johnson
Frank Kaminsky
Aron Baynes

Depth:
Ty Jerome/Okobo/J Carter/Lecque - ball handlers
Diallo/Spalding - bigs

Igor Kokoskov shouldn't have been fired but Monty Williams seems to be an upgrade as coach - owner Robert Sarver was a cheap-a** to the max last year, but he seems to have paid up a little this season but have to wait and see …

Criticisms of Jones' reconstruction that he sold low - eg TJ Warren to Indiana with a 2nd rd pick, Josh Jackson/De'Anthony Melton to Memphis for Korver (waived) and Jevon Carter … etc, etc but this was all to clear cap space to get a decent starting PG (even if Rubio might have been a slight over-pay, but against Brogdon/Rozier deals this looks ok) and some mid-veteran players … last season they effectively had a 'college' team on the pine - 3 rookie starters = wtf??! ;)

I don't dare for any more than 23-25 wins this year … :p

jvalles69

So anyone else glad/not glad they got tickets to the USA vs Boomers games at Marvel Stadium?  :-X

jvalles69

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 25, 2019, 04:10:58 PM
So anyone else glad/not glad they got tickets to the USA vs Boomers games at Marvel Stadium?  :-X

Ben Simmons now has pulled out of the exhibition games on top of the World Cup.

fanTCfool

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 28, 2019, 09:47:07 PM

Got tickets... not thrilled to say the least.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: fanTCfool on July 28, 2019, 09:47:35 PM

Unfortunately this was always going to be the case

We spoke about this a few months ago in the 18/19 thread - I feel sorry for those who bought tickets, and the option to get a refund really should be made available

Zero A graders on show - if this isn't false advertising I don't know what is

fanTCfool

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 28, 2019, 10:09:49 PM

We spoke about this a few months ago in the 18/19 thread - I feel sorry for those who bought tickets, and the option to get a refund really should be made available

Yeah pretty disappointing, I wasn't naive enough to expect all the names to come out, but I thought we'd get a couple given all the hype and buzz they whipped up... hopefully pressure builds on the ticketing intermediary. Don't think it'll get anywhere.

jvalles69

Quote from: fanTCfool on July 28, 2019, 10:21:52 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 28, 2019, 10:09:49 PM

Yeah pretty disappointing, I wasn't naive enough to expect all the names to come out, but I thought we'd get a couple given all the hype and buzz they whipped up... hopefully pressure builds on the ticketing intermediary. Don't think it'll get anywhere.

I did get $90 tickets, but sold them a few months ago when I decided I wasn't going to go (before players pulled out), I do have Boomers vs Canada tickets though so hoping Canada bring some quality.

R.Griffen

The US team selection is always a risk because of the quantity of players they have to pick from. Players don’t feel pressured to play because there’s another 700 who can. On Australia’s side of the fence ever since Simmons pulled out of the NIT so he could focus on being drafted and play for his country only pull out of the Olympics as well. Meant I wasn’t even slightly surprised he isn’t playing at all.

RaisyDaisy

Christmas Day Games

Cliippers at Lakers
Pelicans at Nuggets
Celtics at Raptors
Bucks at 76ers
Rockets at Warriors

Delicious

R.Griffen

And all hope lost for people with international games tickets. Canada squad not healthy to begin with but plenty of talent missing. Fair to say nobody gives a crap about FIBA world championships

jvalles69

Quote from: R.Griffen on August 06, 2019, 04:52:54 AM
And all hope lost for people with international games tickets. Canada squad not healthy to begin with but plenty of talent missing. Fair to say nobody gives a crap about FIBA world championships

Have they officially announced a team or who's dropped out?

It's FIBA's fault really having it  before the Olympics, those NBA players would not get a break for 2+ years if they commit to FIBA and Olympics, that's pretty shower.

R.Griffen

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 06, 2019, 11:31:51 AM
Quote from: R.Griffen on August 06, 2019, 04:52:54 AM

Have they officially announced a team or who's dropped out?

It's FIBA's fault really having it  before the Olympics, those NBA players would not get a break for 2+ years if they commit to FIBA and Olympics, that's pretty shower.
An event was held prior to the training camps

Alexander brothers, Brooks, Stauskas all missed due to injury. Thompson, Wiggins, Powell were already out. Barrett and Murray both attended but didn’t participate. 5 current NBA players are set to play

https://twitter.com/michaelgrange/status/1158405531016581120?s=21

RaisyDaisy

Frustrated fans are selling tickets to this month’s hyped Australia-Team USA basketball showdown for below cost price after many of the biggest stars pulled out of the series.

Basketball fans upset the best US stars and Ben Simmons â€" Australia’s highest paid athlete â€" have snubbed the Melbourne matches are offering their seats for hundreds of dollars less than they paid.

Websites such as Gumtree have been inundated by people trying to sell their seats, including a fan with premium tickets close to the court with VIP access for up to $345 less than cost price.

A fan is flogging two gold category tickets they paid $295 each for almost half price â€" $300 for both or “any reasonable offer’’.

Another ticket holder was trying to sell seats for just $50 â€" 45 per cent off the $91.45 price they paid.

Organisers have billed the series “the largest basketball games to be staged outside of the United States” and expect crowds of up to 110,000 to attend.

But they were unable to say exactly how many tickets have been sold during the week.

“Tickets are still available for both games from Ticketmaster,’’ organisers said.

Many tickets being sold online were from people interstate who had expected to travel to Melbourne to see the world’s best players but have now decided to cut their losses and stay home.

One fan was selling a pair of level one seats purchased for $365 each for $520 all up.

Promoters promised a host of NBA All-Stars from the US would take on Australia’s best when the Sunday Herald Sun last year revealed Melbourne would host the biggest basketball matches on Aussie soil.

Fans from all over Australia rushed to buy tickets, with an online site freezing under the weight of demand.

But with the likes of LeBron James, Steph Curry, James Harden and Anthony Davis not making the trip for the US, Boston Celtics guard Kemba Walker and Milwaukee Bucks sharpshooter Khris Middleton are the only NBA All-Stars likely to take the court.

USA is set to announce its World Cup team to tour Melbourne on August 17.

US players will touch down in Melbourne on August 19 ahead of the games at Marvel Stadium on August 22 and August 24.

jvalles69

Canada team is starting to look trash now too, I'm going to that game in Perth, but just happy to watch some b-ball. I sold my tickets to the USA game at cost price...winning.

jvalles69

Getting pretty sick of the attack on Simmons of late, now the media are targeting him for charging $200 for meet and greets where he actually puts on a clinic for these kids.  Get a life Australia, or Ben ain't going to be coming back or playing for the Boomers ever.