Main Menu

2019 Cricket World Cup

Started by PowerBug, May 29, 2019, 06:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Woah what's this, a post in the cricket board? Lots of the day to day discussion will go on on discord, but for those wanting to write out anything which won't get lost in matchday discussion, here's a place for it.

First game tomorrow so let's here it. Predictions, leading run scorers, wicket takers, what headlines will we see. Go for it below.

Bill Manspeaker

Final 4: England, India, South Africa, Australia

Winner: England  :(
Runners up: India
Leading Run Scorer: Virat Kohli
Leading Wicket Taker: Paddy Cummins

no eye deer

Poms going ok tonight.

But I’m a romantic. (Although the wife doesn’t think so!)

Aussies to win, S Smith to get most runs. Australia’s hero again! Bit worried they’ll drop Smith down to second drop though.

PowerBug

I think we just just confirmation that Kohli and India are the best in the world, sadly. To me India's seam bowling is as good as it's ever been, so if they were ever going to win a WC outside of India this is the one.

Ringo

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/icc-world-cup/cricket-world-cup-2019-englands-ben-stokes-takes-one-of-the-greatest-catches-of-all-time/news-story/58955555da6d468466c85bf121b397df

Will this still be catch of the tournament.  Will be hard to beat. Despite not being an England supporter have to acknowledge this great catch and great all round performance by Ben Stokes,

enzedder

Off to bed. NZ 241-8
Reckon England should get there. 60/40 chance favouring the Poms.