Cardiomegaly AF 2019

Started by jvalles69, January 29, 2019, 05:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

DEF: Lloyd, Newman, Williams, Collins, Wigg, Burgess (Goddard, Eagles)
MID: Macrae, Cripps, Oliver, Merrett, Neale, Miles, Walsh, Bewley (Atkins, Wagner)
RUC: Grundy, Witts (Fort, Sweet)
FOR: Danger, Smith, Wingard, Setterfield, Cavarra, Corbett (Aarts, Mosquito)

16k left in the bank.

jvalles69

Updated team, 226k left in the bank. Thoughts on where best to spend the extra cash? Upgrade rookies, upgrade mid-pricers etc...

DEF: Lloyd, Newman, Williams, Roberton, Collins, Hore (Watson, Burgess)
MID: Macrae, Cripps, Brayshaw, Taranto, B. Crouch, Libba, Hayes, Hind (Bewley, Gibbons)
RUC: Grundy, Witts (Fort, Sweet)
FOR: Danger, Heeney, Greene, Setterfiled, Drew, Balta (Petrucelle, Cavara)

Football Factory

Looks alright JV .. not finding AF as easy as DT as per usual.

Could spend the cash on rook upgrades depending on teams.

Miles is not a bad price and i think he has very good job security and scoring ability.

Walsh looks like he's going to be very good, who knows when the season starts though.

Brodie Smith i reckon could go very well, should take the kick outs with Brown injured, seems to rack it up when not injured.

I'm going to take a punt on Worpel being the man to pick up the slack of no Mitchell, with dpp he is very tempting.

Not sure about Newman, Laird will smash it, he normally does.

Don't let me stuff you up though, trust your instincts, good luck.

jvalles69

Quote from: Football Factory on March 06, 2019, 05:01:45 PM
Looks alright JV .. not finding AF as easy as DT as per usual.

Could spend the cash on rook upgrades depending on teams.

Miles is not a bad price and i think he has very good job security and scoring ability.

Walsh looks like he's going to be very good, who knows when the season starts though.

Brodie Smith i reckon could go very well, should take the kick outs with Brown injured, seems to rack it up when not injured.

I'm going to take a punt on Worpel being the man to pick up the slack of no Mitchell, with dpp he is very tempting.

Not sure about Newman, Laird will smash it, he normally does.

Don't let me stuff you up though, trust your instincts, good luck.

100% agree, AF seems harder and harder each year to put up a starting team due to the weird pricing and unlimited trades.  I've actually already switched Libba to Miles and tempted to flip Newman to Smith.  Love Laird, but Lloyd is 50K cheaper and don't think he will be far off, although Laird does come out of the blocks on fire usually.  I've had Worpel in my team at times and he might come back in depending on Greene's status.

Football Factory

Yeah i have been swapping the same players back and forward, can't make up my mind yet. JLT2 and teams being named will hopefully get me to make up my mind.

I have both.. Laird and Lloyd

R2 is doing my head in

jvalles69

Quote from: Football Factory on March 06, 2019, 05:19:58 PM
Yeah i have been swapping the same players back and forward, can't make up my mind yet. JLT2 and teams being named will hopefully get me to make up my mind.

R2 is doing my head in

Thinking either Witts or Sinclair for R2, think both have upside, will depend also on how Darcy and Pierce go, if they play this week.

jvalles69

Close to finalised.

DEF: Lloyd, Smith, Williams, Moore, Collins, Hore (Watson, Burgess)
MID: Macrae, Cripps, Brayshaw, Treloar, Rockliff, Sheed, Walsh, Constable (Gibbons, Bewley)
RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Fort, Sweet)
FOR: Danger, Kelly, Worpel, Setterfield, Parker, Drew (Petrucelle, Balta)

Football Factory

Looks good .. i like the way your back line rolls off the tongue (rhymes)

Seems most people are starting 2 rooks in the forward line. Iv'e gone with a few more bigger names just for job security (Elliott,McCarthy) but who knows? The rooks could do just as well and make more cash? It's been doing my head in a little.

jvalles69

Quote from: Football Factory on March 15, 2019, 11:31:37 AM

Seems most people are starting 2 rooks in the forward line. Iv'e gone with a few more bigger names just for job security (Elliott,McCarthy) but who knows? The rooks could do just as well and make more cash? It's been doing my head in a little.

Yeah, I've gone a bit harder in the mids which leaves my forward line a little weak, but I just don't trust all the forward options this year.  Think rookies are the way to go as they make cash each week rather than waiting for the 3 week period.  I haven't looked at McCarthy or Elliott as I presumed they would be still priced pretty high, don't really want to spend 400K on Moore, but...1. Not sure who else to take that spot and 2. It won't roll off the tongue any more.  :P

Football Factory

Quote from: jvalles69 on March 15, 2019, 12:35:52 PM
Quote from: Football Factory on March 15, 2019, 11:31:37 AM

Yeah, I've gone a bit harder in the mids which leaves my forward line a little weak, but I just don't trust all the forward options this year.  Think rookies are the way to go as they make cash each week rather than waiting for the 3 week period.  I haven't looked at McCarthy or Elliott as I presumed they would be still priced pretty high, don't really want to spend 400K on Moore, but...1. Not sure who else to take that spot and 2. It won't roll off the tongue any more.  :P

Yeah they aren't cheap .. Elliott $385 and McCarthy $305  .. I generally like to have more premo's that are locked and fill the rest with rooks that make good cash. Last year the rooks killed me a little, struggled to have a team week in week out sometimes. There is no right or wrong i don't think. I like Moore in RDT as he's $301, McCarthy is $245 so they are a lot easier for me to make the call.