HF: Taylor, Hipwood, Rayner
FF: Cameron, McStay, McCarthy
FOLL: Martin, Zorko, J Lyons
Int: Berry, Christensen, Robinson, Walker
Emg: McInerney, Lester/Robertson, Mathieson, Bailey
In: J Lyons
Out: Mathieson

Updated.

Probably agree with GL about Squizz playing more up the ground. Any of those emergencies could easily start too, so theres definitely competition for spots.

Lyons guaranteed best 22, so Mathieson probably goes out.
Time will tell with Lyons certainly has some deficiencies in his game , getting let go by the struggling Suns says it all this will be his last chance.

Haha laughable, he had clearly offended someone at the Suns. He's a walk up start in most if not all 22s, especially the absolute rabble that is GC.
Tend to agree with Elephants here, his stats this year were comparable to Cripps/Mitchell in some regards, regardless of any small deficiencies he's definitely a best 22 player at pretty much any club. Had to be a clash with the coach (possibly same for Barlow).

Also, Carlton let go of Mitch Robbo and he's turned out alright for us ;)

RaisyDaisy

Saw a stat that said of the 85 pure mids in the comp Lyons was 76th in terms of disposal by foot or something

Certainly good enough for AFL though and a very nice get for Brisbane - clearly a personal issue with GC I reckon

meow meow

GC just prefer Miles over Lyons and don't want to many of the same type of player on their list. Sure his stats look good so he'll be praised by people, especially on a website about fantasy football but he really doesn't have much influence on games. He's a one trick pony who is alright at his one trick but not very good at anything else. I'd prefer a midfielder who wins a few less clearances if they can get involved in more general play and maybe even kick a goal a match. He's no Dayne (either one)

elephants

You guys try and have a kicking efficiency above 20% when you're the only person that wins the ball from a GC stoppage then has to kick into their fkn fwd line ::)

Mat0369

Quote from: SilverLion on November 02, 2018, 12:54:23 PM
Tend to agree with Elephants here, his stats this year were comparable to Cripps/Mitchell in some regards, regardless of any small deficiencies he's definitely a best 22 player at pretty much any club. Had to be a clash with the coach (possibly same for Barlow).

Not even the same ballpark. Carlton had just come off winning a final and we had Robbo and Garlett let go for disciplinary reasons giving both away for nothing. Apparently it was a 'leadership group decision' to get both out of the club.

Lyons was dropped twice due to form/kpi's and cut with a year remaining on his contract.

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 02, 2018, 12:56:45 PM
Saw a stat that said of the 85 pure mids in the comp Lyons was 76th in terms of disposal by foot or something

Certainly good enough for AFL though and a very nice get for Brisbane - clearly a personal issue with GC I reckon

Same article also said he doesn't have a tank/can't cover the ground well enough and is a defensive liability. The Suns also want to go with Brodie and just brought in Miles. 

GoLions

Lyons asked the Suns to delist him because we tabled him an offer that he preferred.

SilverLion

Quote from: Mat0369 on November 03, 2018, 12:58:23 PM

Not even the same ballpark. Carlton had just come off winning a final and we had Robbo and Garlett let go for disciplinary reasons giving both away for nothing. Apparently it was a 'leadership group decision' to get both out of the club.

Lyons was dropped twice due to form/kpi's and cut with a year remaining on his contract.
They were both de-listed and we picked them both up for nothing. I'm aware they were delisted for different reasons, but the point I was making is that their flaws didn't justify their de-listings and Robbo has proven an asset to us which I believe Lyons could as well.

Quote from: GoLions on November 03, 2018, 01:38:50 PM
Lyons asked the Suns to delist him because we tabled him an offer that he preferred.
Heard this too.

Ringo

Quote from: SilverLion on November 03, 2018, 04:43:04 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on November 03, 2018, 12:58:23 PM

They were both de-listed and we picked them both up for nothing. I'm aware they were delisted for different reasons, but the point I was making is that their flaws didn't justify their de-listings and Robbo has proven an asset to us which I believe Lyons could as well.

Quote from: GoLions on November 03, 2018, 01:38:50 PM
Heard this too.
Was in the Courier Mail Thursday confirming approach made to him by Lions and he requested the de-listing.

GoLions

I reckon Matho has all but locked in a spot in the 22 for Rd1

Ringo

Quote from: GoLions on March 12, 2019, 01:22:56 PM
I reckon Matho has all but locked in a spot in the 22 for Rd1
Would say so.  Think it will depend a lot on where we play Rich. If Rich plays up the ground then that increases the competition but we need some pace of HB which Bailey or Cox will provide. Rich may still play HB though given Adams injury.