Pick 71
Pick 77

2019 draft picks

Round 1
Round 3 (Crows)
Round 3 (Blues)
Round 4

don200652

Setterfield for our future 2nd will likely suffice however that's leaving us very thin going to the draft. If we were prepared to deal the 2019 1st pick for Shiel then that seems the logical way to get picks and some mature inside mid help. Got a feeling SOS is working on something

Mat0369

Byrne officially retired and Setters in for our 2nd next year and 43.

Club working on Newman and still potentially Shiel.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 17, 2018, 08:06:00 PM
Byrne officially retired and Setters in for our 2nd next year and 43.

Club working on Newman and still potentially Shiel.

We will take pick 1.

8)

Mat0369

I'm assuming that it will likely be a late pick if at all. The article earlier in the week had us grabbing him as a DFA.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 17, 2018, 08:28:40 PM
I'm assuming that it will likely be a late pick if at all. The article earlier in the week had us grabbing him as a DFA.

pick 69 gets us an extra 49 draft points!!

Mat0369

Well there is the winner! Isn't that around the pick they traded for Ryan Clarke?

Mat0369

Blues have offered 2019 first round pick for Dylan Shiel. They would have to apply for the excemption from the AFL I assume for it to come through.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 17, 2018, 08:34:30 PM
Well there is the winner! Isn't that around the pick they traded for Ryan Clarke?

traded 62 for clarke (which we got for Rohan)

Mat0369

Future 4th for Newman. Really happy with that. Prefect Simmo replacement for when he retires. Probably pushes Daisy out of the 22

SydneyRox

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 17, 2018, 10:25:08 PM
Future 4th for Newman. Really happy with that. Prefect Simmo replacement for when he retires. Probably pushes Daisy out of the 22

Its a good get, don't know why we moved him on TBH, especially when we got Thurlow in later who will play a similar role if he makes our team...

Money Shot

FB: Plowman, Marchbank, Jones
HB: Docherty, Weitering, Simpson
C: Dow, Curnow, Walsh
HF: Fisher, Curnow, SPS
FF: McGovern, McKay, Fasolo
R: Kreuzer, Cripps, Murphy
I/C: Thomas, Kennedy, Setterfield, O'brien

EMG: Newman, Williamson, Lang

This is how I see our best 25.

Newman, Williamson and Lang could easily find there way into our starting side come round 1 (Which is a good problem to have) however, currently this is how I see it.

Docherty is practically a new recruit for us this season who I think will be eased in to his half back role before playing on the wing more during the season.

Walsh will come straight into our round 1 side and play a similar role do what Dow did in his first year playing mainly outside as he builds more muscle and gets used to the top level.

McGovern as the third tall and Fasolo as a genuine goal sneak up forward come in and make our forward line look a lot more dangerous than it was throughout this season.

Setterfield will start as well proving to everyone why he was a top 10 draft pick a few years ago.

This is the most excited I have been for a season in years!!!

Mat0369

Newman will step straight in. Setters will start the year in the VFL. I reckon we don't play all of Plow, Jones, Marchbank and Weiters. I think Plow might need to start in the VFL coming off the ACL as well. We have a lot of guys coming off injury so it will be interesting to see when they are all good to go.

4 out of contract guys all gone. I think we bring back Lamb and Rowe (rookie possibly).

I have a feeling we're going to sign a delisted FA or 2 considering our picks are 1, 69, 71 and 77. I don't think we use all 4. Even if we draft Lamb again,  were only going to pick up Walsh and Silvagni on the senior list with Hickmott as a rookie.

I see the 22 something like this with a bunch of the guys that haven't played a lot of footy coming through the reserves.

Doc, Marchbank, Jones
Williamson, Weits, Simmo
Newman, Cripps, Curnow
Fisher, Curnow, Gov
Fas, McKay, Polson
Kreuz, Murphy, Dow

Two bench spots to SPS and Walsh. Not sure who the last two spots go to.

Money Shot

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 18, 2018, 08:57:54 PM
Newman will step straight in. Setters will start the year in the VFL. I reckon we don't play all of Plow, Jones, Marchbank and Weiters. I think Plow might need to start in the VFL coming off the ACL as well. We have a lot of guys coming off injury so it will be interesting to see when they are all good to go.

4 out of contract guys all gone. I think we bring back Lamb and Rowe (rookie possibly).

I have a feeling we're going to sign a delisted FA or 2 considering our picks are 1, 69, 71 and 77. I don't think we use all 4. Even if we draft Lamb again,  were only going to pick up Walsh and Silvagni on the senior list with Hickmott as a rookie.

I see the 22 something like this with a bunch of the guys that haven't played a lot of footy coming through the reserves.

Doc, Marchbank, Jones
Williamson, Weits, Simmo
Newman, Cripps, Curnow
Fisher, Curnow, Gov
Fas, McKay, Polson
Kreuz, Murphy, Dow

Although I haven't heard anything from Carlton I reckon we pick up Barlow. I don't think he would be best 22 but would be best 25 and add some valuable depth!

all fair points, If Polson gets a game this year I will be annoyed... worst player on our list.

shaker

Quote from: Money Shot on October 19, 2018, 09:31:34 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 18, 2018, 08:57:54 PM

Doc, Marchbank, Jones
Williamson, Weits, Simmo
Newman, Cripps, Curnow
Fisher, Curnow, Gov
Fas, McKay, Polson
Kreuz, Murphy, Dow

Although I haven't heard anything from Carlton I reckon we pick up Barlow. I don't think he would be best 22 but would be best 25 and add some valuable depth!

all fair points, If Polson gets a game this year I will be annoyed... worst player on our list.
Barlow would be good if his body can handle it because one thing you did not get in the trades is someone to help Cripps with the crash and bash , he can't keep doing what he did last year basically by himself or his body will be shot at a much younger age , if they don't get Barlow who will step up ? Townsend still has no contract for Tiges as far as I know he would be perfect.