Main Menu

Banger

Started by enzedder, October 01, 2018, 04:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/10/01/saints-legend-harvey-may-return-to-club-as-assistant/

Been some speculation about this for a while now and given our coaching plight it is something that appeals.
The coming home factor and being another experienced assistant to join on the back of Ratten's and Lade's appointments - Richo might have some chance of looking good even if he isn't.
When Luke Ball went to Collingwood in 2010 and helped the Pies to win the premiership he took our IP with him and was quickly called into a day long meeting with Malthouse to dissect our gameplanning. Would be nice to get a bit of IP back from the Pies now.

crowls

Quote from: enzedder on October 01, 2018, 04:56:27 PM
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/10/01/saints-legend-harvey-may-return-to-club-as-assistant/

Been some speculation about this for a while now and given our coaching plight it is something that appeals.
The coming home factor and being another experienced assistant to join on the back of Ratten's and Lade's appointments - Richo might have some chance of looking good even if he isn't.
When Luke Ball went to Collingwood in 2010 and helped the Pies to win the premiership he took our IP with him and was quickly called into a day long meeting with Malthouse to dissect our gameplanning. Would be nice to get a bit of IP back from the Pies now.
Be good to see harvey back at home again.  Would love to see Saints score Shiels and some other decent players.   Them and Melbourne at two AFL teams I want to see have some success over the next decade.    along with the bombers of course.   

A decade of wce and crows fighting out at the bottom of the ladder would also be a joyful experience.

enzedder

Wouldn’t mind if he is appointed head coach now.
The question that will be asked is if he has the leadership quality needed to be head coach. He has never been the outspoken, come with me type. As an orator I’ve never thought of him as being inspiring. This is the thing that may see him continue to be overlooked.
However, as a player and assistant coach he has been greatly respected by other greats of the game for his skills, knowledge of the game, strategising and work ethic.
Not many survive in the game for as long as Harves has.
I would be very happy for him to be appointed head coach. A favourite son coming home has a good feel to it. We’ve tried other assistants in Richo and Watters who have failed. Ex head coaches such as Ratten and Scott have had their chance without success.