Main Menu

Offseason Mega Thread: 2018/19

Started by LaHug, October 01, 2018, 01:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Let's get the ball rolling.

Where do you think Lynch fits into our best 22? Who goes out of the team? Can he pinch hit in the ruck?

Anyone heard any more around Brad Crouch? Is that likely at all?

How's our depth going to go with the likes of Conca, C. Ellis, Miles, Lloyd all likely to move on?

shaker

Quote from: LaHug on October 01, 2018, 01:29:43 PM
Let's get the ball rolling.

Where do you think Lynch fits into our best 22? Who goes out of the team? Can he pinch hit in the ruck?

Anyone heard any more around Brad Crouch? Is that likely at all?

How's our depth going to go with the likes of Conca, C. Ellis, Miles, Lloyd all likely to move on?
Lynch is a walk up start in best 22 just hope we are not paying him to much , him and Dusty is a massive chunk of the salary cap and no doubt it will cost us other players in the future the ones you mentioned will be just to afford Lynch hopefully we can pick up a late 2nd round pick and maybe one or two 3rd rounders with those guys being shipped out.

Think we need another hard nut around the contest Cotch is fantastic but his body was starting to show wear and tear towards the end of the season probably why Crouch's name popped up but doubt we will get him if he wanted out of the Crows the alarm bells would be heard from here maybe if we can keep Townsend he could get a chance he is one tough hombre.

R.Griffen

Lynch should be able to pinch hit in the ruck, would be worried about getting him banged up though

Heard the Crouch one, interested in what you think he’s worth? Middle second round?

Not a tigers supporter but I’d be worried about your depth. Bad players still look good in a good side which helps. But the difference between Miles, Ellis, Lloyd, Conca, Townsend etc and players that aren’t developed yet a bunch of injuries like GC, Adel, Giants, Coll etc means the 33rd or 34th best player now becomes 2 or 3 players just outside of being emgs before the season starts

TomK

Quote from: R.Griffen on October 01, 2018, 02:28:37 PM
Heard the Crouch one, interested in what you think he’s worth? Middle second round?
If all Adelaide get offered for Brad is a middle 2nd round, he won't be going anywhere, we will hold him to his contract, but he's not leaving anyway.

LaHug

Quote from: R.Griffen on October 01, 2018, 02:28:37 PM

We'd definitely be happy to trade our second round pick for him and maybe one of those fringe players still under contract (not that it helps our depth). The problem is that we probably can't afford him from a salary point of view.

Nige

Stoked we're getting Lynch, him and Jack should be a solid and dangerous combo.

All reports suggest Conca's off to Freo, and Cellis and Miles are GC bound.

Given those are likely moves, I think Sammy Lloyd might stay, and I hope he does, I think he's a good reserve option to bring in when we need but I wouldn't begrudge the fella for trying to get more opportunity elsewhere.

There was a rumour connecting Brando to Norf, he's not interested in going anywhere though apparently.

Another one is Stengle being looked at by the Crows as someone who might be able to replace Eddie shortly. Unfortunately seems like he's back of the pack for our smalls which might make it happen. I honestly prefer him to Bolton, but it is what it is.

Crouch wouldn't be a bad get and I'd happily take him, but I don't think we really need him. I think we've got fellas who can play the same role.

shaker

Sought after assistant coach Blake Caracella staying on at Punt Rd  :)

shaker

Pretty happy with what the Tiges have done picked up T Lynch said goodbye to a few guys good luck to them at there new clubs and have picks 17 , 37, 64 , 68 , 74 in a bumper draft to replenish our list with some quality young players  ;) all looking good

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: shaker on October 17, 2018, 05:20:40 PM
Pretty happy with what the Tiges have done picked up T Lynch said goodbye to a few guys good luck to them at there new clubs and have picks 17 , 37, 64 , 68 , 74 in a bumper draft to replenish our list with some quality young players  ;) all looking good

The bumper draft is in the top 10

shaker

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 17, 2018, 05:22:42 PM

Rubbish the top is very good but there are plenty of good young kids that run way deeper than that

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: shaker on October 17, 2018, 08:03:25 PM

Rubbish the top is very good but there are plenty of good young kids that run way deeper than that

Picks 15+ are not significantly stronger then any other draft of recent times. This draft is rated 'super' because of the top 5-6 could all be close to pick 1s in other drafts.

shaker

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 17, 2018, 09:42:57 PM
Quote from: shaker on October 17, 2018, 08:03:25 PM

Picks 15+ are not significantly stronger then any other draft of recent times. This draft is rated 'super' because of the top 5-6 could all be close to pick 1s in other drafts.
As we both know there are no players that have ever been any good after pick 10 ever and none have ever failed in the top ten  ::) my point being I am happy the Tiges let some guys go and are going to replenish with some good quality young guys even if they have no chance of being successful because they are not top 10 ;)