WXV Vacant Coaching Positions - Toronto & Rio de Janeiro

Started by Purple 77, August 25, 2018, 01:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koop

Two of the best, thoroughly deserved guys and best of luck!

We’ll get ‘em next time lads.

Hellopplz

Snags

Well done fanTCfool and PowerBug, I'm sure you two will make great WXV coaches :)

Looks like I will have to bide my time a little while longer. Does anyone have any advice on how to best get your foot in the door when it comes to getting a coaching position?

Koop

At the risk of sounding like sour grapes, I'd like to ask the WXV coaching community what I can do to improve my chances of getting an opening next time?

Being fed the same line year after year of "there was just such a quality pool of applicants" or "there was just such an obvious choice" gets boring after a while. What can I do to become THAT obvious choice? What am I doing wrong?

Is it activity? trading? demeanour? personality? I'm completely lost & a little disenchanted to be completely honest. 

Nothing against Ryno or PB, they're both good mates of mine and I'm ecstatic for both of them, this is on a completely personal level.

Don't feed me the excuse of dropping teams or commitment issues in 2013/14 either, that won't fly considering the results & it's just a cop out excuse for saying you don't like me.

So yeah, I'd appreciate any feedback anyone has via PM or Discord, I'm always looking to improve myself both here & in general life, so if there's ANYTHING AT ALL that you think I could fix or work on, please let me know. I want to be a part of this, and have for as long as I've been a member of the forum.

fanTCfool

Legendary!

A big thank you for the warm welcome and to those who dished the big votes my way.

No doubt they're sick of hearing it, but I do wish my fellow applicants the best for future positions as I know the vast majority of them have been after one of these elusive positions for longer than I have.

Special mention to JRoo for taking me on as a Mexcio Suns offseason assistant a few years back now and in doing so sparking my interest in the competition.

It is with great pleasure that I announce myself as the new coach of Toronto
This was a genuinely difficult decision, and I emplore PB to take good care of a certain P.Cripps.
However, irrespective of previous coaching dramas, the Toronto list is arguably the strongest in the competition and I hope to be the coach that takes it all the way.

Bring on the flooded inbox!  8)

PowerBug

Purple 77

And if don't already know btw guys, you're able to PM me if you want to see where you placed, and if you want any of my feedback.

PowerBug

Quote from: Koop on August 31, 2018, 03:30:33 PM
At the risk of sounding like sour grapes, I'd like to ask the WXV coaching community what I can do to improve my chances of getting an opening next time?

Being fed the same line year after year of "there was just such a quality pool of applicants" or "there was just such an obvious choice" gets boring after a while. What can I do to become THAT obvious choice? What am I doing wrong?

Is it activity? trading? demeanour? personality? I'm completely lost & a little disenchanted to be completely honest. 

Nothing against Ryno or PB, they're both good mates of mine and I'm ecstatic for both of them, this is on a completely personal level.

Don't feed me the excuse of dropping teams or commitment issues in 2013/14 either, that won't fly considering the results & it's just a cop out excuse for saying you don't like me.

So yeah, I'd appreciate any feedback anyone has via PM or Discord, I'm always looking to improve myself both here & in general life, so if there's ANYTHING AT ALL that you think I could fix or work on, please let me know. I want to be a part of this, and have for as long as I've been a member of the forum.
It's because you're a little bitch