Main Menu

Richo

Started by enzedder, August 05, 2018, 10:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

Richo is killing us.
The contract extension that he got last year to see him through to the end of 2020 means we are well and truly rooted.
If we can't afford to pay him out then we are rooted. If Lethlean thinks he can turn things around and he's worth the journey we're rooted. Either way we're stuffed.
What I'd love is for Lindsay Fox or some other wealthy Saint bail us out of the mess or Grant Thomas to come back on a pittance of a salary but pigs don't fly... so the Saints are doomed for a painful stay at the bottomof the ladder.
I remember the 80's and I reckon we're not too far from that.

I know we've only got Jack Steven as far as elite players go. He's a match winner.
Then there's maybe a handful of others such as Ross, Roberton, Carlisle, Gresham and Acres that are worth talking up.
Fact is we've got too many average to battler types. One could say we've got a couple of mids that might rack some ball up on a good day, an average ruck and 5 forward pockets and 14 half back flankers. For all this though, the quality of the playing group or lack of for that matter, just hides the main problem that Richo isn't cut out to be a coach.

Each week Richo spurts out the same positive spin. It's hardly inspiring. As far as game day moves or tactical nous goes we're yet to see any. This week's loss saw another same old same old summation from him...

"I don't know the reason but I know the solution will be to challenge those players strongly and continue to drive them to improve and grow as leaders," he said.

"They need to know that whether you're in at stoppage, whether you're in contest, you have a responsibility to compete and be aggressive and to be strong and to be clean under pressure, doesn't matter who you are."

I'm not convinced that's the solution.
Maybe it is and maybe Essendon and Worsfold are now terrified about this upcoming Friday night.

There's virtually no positives in being a Saints fan at the moment.
It will be interesting to see what St.Kilda's 2019 Membership Slogan will be. Maybe Buy 1 Get 1 Free could work.