EXV 2.0 The Next Chapter

Started by Holz, July 09, 2018, 03:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

This year has been pretty interesting, alot of coach movements, coaches have left and come back, coaches have switched teams. After a disastrous two years mainly caused by myself I feel the Euro is slowly building its credibility back.

With that, I am planning the biggest change in the Euro since inception.

Meow has notified me that he will be stepping down as coach of Serbia at the end of the season. Miss Pies has let me know that unfortunately she needs to step down and focus on things outside of Fantasy Football. Regrettably Atto will be removed as coach of Sweden after naming unacceptable teams the last few rounds.

So with that I believe the best course of action is to dissolve two of the three Euro teams and have a special Draft before the National Draft. This draft will be 3 rounds where the remaining 12 teams can pick from the list of 80 players available. The remainder then will go to the rookie draft. As such list sizes will be increasing by 4 players per squad.

My proposed order is
1st Round: 1,2,3,4 (normal)
2nd Round: 1,2,3,4 (normal)
3rd Round: 12,11, 10, 9 (reverse)

I believe this format does give the weaker teams the edge but with the 3rd round being flipped the Premiers will still be strengthed substantially with 12, 24, 25.There would be no trading of these draft picks.

I believe this method has a number of advantages.

1. XVs in general has been falling and this means we are looking for 1 coach not 3. (we likely have a coach ready to take over 1 spot)
2. I believe it is a very interesting concept and will help build the momentum that is slowly building.
3. It will further make the competition more balanced with some of the weaker teams getting a leg up.
4. Overall it will strengthen all 12 teams, so teams hit hard by injuries like Croatia can name better squads.
5. Sweden and Serbia in particular are two very hard teams for a new coach to take over.

Please let me know your thoughts.

For the rest of the season I will be naming Spain and Sweden. Neither squad is playing Hungary.

Nige

TomK

Ziplock

Can I just take national draft picks rather than choose the plebs from those teams?

just kidding, I'm sure they have some draftable players

Spite

Honestly this is a good idea.

If one more person steps down you could remove 4 teams down to 10 and I think the competition would be a lot better for it.

So in saying that, I will be happy/sad to hand over the keys to the Greek Titans at years end to make it an even 4 teams. EXV is really the only reason I keep coming back to fanfooty and if I’m honest I haven’t really enjoyed the forum in the last couple of years so I think this is the best thing to do so I can step away more permanently from next year onwards (I’ll do a proper farewell before I go).

Hope that news doesn’t mess with your plans too much for EXV Holz! Sorry dude!

fanTCfool

I'd be interested in coaching an EXV team, and I understand Zander is as well. That should offer some flexibility for Holz knowing that he can drop the competition down to 10 teams or 12 teams and have enough coaches locked away to fill all the spots before applications.

Nige

I think 12 would be a better number. If Ryno and Zander take over 2 of the 4 teams (and let them choose which team they want), then dissolve the other two and we have have our draft from the pool of those players.

Holz

Quote from: fanTCfool on July 09, 2018, 06:25:25 PM
I'd be interested in coaching an EXV team, and I understand Zander is as well. That should offer some flexibility for Holz knowing that he can drop the competition down to 10 teams or 12 teams and have enough coaches locked away to fill all the spots before applications.

Thanks FTC i think 12 is preferable. Especially if it gets you two guys in the comp. We can make that call closer to the end of the season

Holz

Quote from: Spite on July 09, 2018, 06:08:36 PM
Honestly this is a good idea.

If one more person steps down you could remove 4 teams down to 10 and I think the competition would be a lot better for it.

So in saying that, I will be happy/sad to hand over the keys to the Greek Titans at years end to make it an even 4 teams. EXV is really the only reason I keep coming back to fanfooty and if I’m honest I haven’t really enjoyed the forum in the last couple of years so I think this is the best thing to do so I can step away more permanently from next year onwards (I’ll do a proper farewell before I go).

Hope that news doesn’t mess with your plans too much for EXV Holz! Sorry dude!

We would still love you around Spite if your happy to stay. You where instrumental in keeping the Euro alive and I certainly consider you part of the furniture here.

Will respect whatever decision you think is the correct move for you.

JBs-Hawks

Can we trade picks in the super draft?

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on July 11, 2018, 01:56:58 PM
Can we trade picks in the super draft?

Have had a big think about the format of the draft and i think its best if there is no trading of picks in the superdraft.

Trading will open up right after this though so nothing stopping you organsing things behind the scenes but it would be much cleaner jsut to take the draft picks as they are.

Want to get the draft over as quick as possible and then have a huge trade period.