fanTCfool

Quote from: Jay on June 22, 2018, 05:31:46 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on June 22, 2018, 01:19:33 PM
Williams to Boston, steal of the draft?
Love this pick. But the steal of the draft is clearly Doncic. Keita Bates-Diop

j959

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 22, 2018, 02:41:06 PM
Quote from: Holz on June 22, 2018, 01:26:42 PM
yes i understand it but if they pick up Lebron then they are in win now mode and id rather have Bridges on the squad.

I hope your right on Leonard Smith comparison

i just really liked Bridges and thought he was the perfect fit for the team

Bridges is supposed to be a RoCo 2.0. Smith is the most athletic player in this draft and was someone they were considering at 10 if Bridges was gone. When the Suns come calling with what they offered you make that deal. It's not even a question. This team is not competing next year anyway without a star. They need as much cap room as possible and assets if they need to trade for someone. They also believe Smith is a high upside guy so it works.
Yeah, that's what i was wondering why would they take a similar player type that they already have - Phoenix are just looking for young talent that will help them compete now, but develop with the young core and they are crying out for 3 & D, so that makes sense to me as a Suns fan. Z Smith is your D Mitchell-type hope which I can understand from a Philly perspective to put beside Fultz, Simmons, Embiid and 'super' Dario ... win-win imo ...

as a fan i'm pretty ok with Ayton, Mikal & Okobo ...

jvalles69

Reckon Philly might package Fultz and send him off.

Mat0369

Brown is building a warchest for a superstar. I'm thinking it's Leonard but he has made it known he won't sign an extension anywhere other than LA.

On Fultz, Drew Hanlen had some good stuff to say about Fultz on a podcast 

"Most documented case of the YIPs of basketball where he completely forgot how to shoot. For him, it was how can I get him back rolling to where he was before if not better. Says they are way ahead of pace where he thought they’d be.

his shot isn’t perfect yet, but it will be by the end of the summer and he’ll be back rolling and show people why he was the top pick. He told Fultz you’re going to make me really famous when I fix your shot and get you back rolling.”

j959

So is everyone happy with their teams draft hauls??

Free agency period going to astound or be just meh??
Don't think LeBron will go on TV this time ('The Decision') …  ??  ;)

jvalles69

Looks like DJ will finally end up a Mav after the the lock down debacle last time!  Liking the look of the Mavs, pity about the superteams.  DJ, Doncic, Barnes, Matthews, Smith Jnr with Dirk coming off the bench.

j959

Quote from: jvalles69 on June 30, 2018, 11:16:22 PM
Looks like DJ will finally end up a Mav after the the lock down debacle last time!  Liking the look of the Mavs, pity about the superteams.  DJ, Doncic, Barnes, Matthews, Smith Jnr with Dirk coming off the bench.
Yeah, don't sound bad at all...

Do you know roughly how much per year jv?

Valk, happy with Marvin Bagley III?

jvalles69

Quote from: j959 on July 01, 2018, 06:32:33 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on June 30, 2018, 11:16:22 PM
Yeah, don't sound bad at all...

Do you know roughly how much per year jv?

Valk, happy with Marvin Bagley III?

Not sure, don't think the deal is finalised, but should be a lock.

valkorum

Locking this thread now.  Chat in new NBA thread for all free agency and season talk