2018 NBA Draft Talk

Started by valkorum, May 24, 2018, 12:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Quote from: Holz on June 22, 2018, 01:14:34 PM

makes no sense to me, you pick the perfect ready 3 and D player to help you push for the ECF crown and then you trade it for a raw guy and a later pick.

to me Suns should have taken the raw upside kid and the Sixers should have taken the older 3 and D guy

Saved them a mill and the Miaimi pick looks to be an asset down the road (unprotected). The cash gives them more room to possibly sign a max contract player (aka LeBron). Fits the strategy well actually and Smith reminds Brown of Leonard

jvalles69

Williams to Boston, steal of the draft?

R.Griffen

Quote from: Hawka on June 22, 2018, 12:53:13 PM
All that Mikal Bridges talk and hes gone in an hour aha

LiAngelo? someone will take him for the laughs surely

makes no sense to me, you pick the perfect ready 3 and D player to help you push for the ECF crown and then you trade it for a raw guy and a later pick.

to me Suns should have taken the raw upside kid and the Sixers should have taken the older 3 and D guy
This.

Wtf are Phily doing? Smith isn’t in the same ball park at Bridges

What did they get at the back end Phily?

R.Griffen

Quote from: jvalles69 on June 22, 2018, 01:19:33 PM
Potentially. His game more suited to College, thought he would slide but probably not this far

valkorum

Quote from: R.Griffen on June 22, 2018, 01:20:10 PM
What did they get at the back end Phily?

I think it was a 2020 1st round pick as well

Holz

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 22, 2018, 01:18:53 PM

Saved them a mill and the Miaimi pick looks to be an asset down the road (unprotected). The cash gives them more room to possibly sign a max contract player (aka LeBron). Fits the strategy well actually and Smith reminds Brown of Leonard

yes i understand it but if they pick up Lebron then they are in win now mode and id rather have Bridges on the squad.

I hope your right on Leonard Smith comparison

i just really liked Bridges and thought he was the perfect fit for the team

jvalles69

R.Griffen

So when I saw Thomas go to Phily I thought they had done good by the Bridges decision. Only to trade him on... Horrible night for Phily imo

R.Griffen

At time of writing only 1 bloke now there that should have probably been picked up. How is Keita Bates-Diop still there

Mat0369

2021 is the year the one and done rule will likely be abolished. So you're going to have guys going right from high school that year making it the deepest in a long time.

With the limited roster space these moves are Hinkie-esque gathering assets. With the limited roster spots the second round picks this year are either going to be stashes or they were going to trade them for later picks. Makes perfect sense. One of the Detroit seconds is going to be a 2021 pick to go along with the Heat unprotected first rounder.

Mat0369

Quote from: Holz on June 22, 2018, 01:26:42 PM
yes i understand it but if they pick up Lebron then they are in win now mode and id rather have Bridges on the squad.

I hope your right on Leonard Smith comparison

i just really liked Bridges and thought he was the perfect fit for the team

Bridges is supposed to be a RoCo 2.0. Smith is the most athletic player in this draft and was someone they were considering at 10 if Bridges was gone. When the Suns come calling with what they offered you make that deal. It's not even a question. This team is not competing next year anyway without a star. They need as much cap room as possible and assets if they need to trade for someone. They also believe Smith is a high upside guy so it works.

R.Griffen

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 22, 2018, 02:32:49 PM
2021 is the year the one and done rule will likely be abolished. So you're going to have guys going right from high school that year making it the deepest in a long time.

With the limited roster space these moves are Hinkie-esque gathering assets. With the limited roster spots the second round picks this year are either going to be stashes or they were going to trade them for later picks. Makes perfect sense. One of the Detroit seconds is going to be a 2021 pick to go along with the Heat unprotected first rounder.
For sure, along with the 2020 draft too as a dominate second and third year college players will be trying to get a contract before the 2021 draft

Holz

ok im liking it more,

just need to get PG Lebron or Kawhi there.

im a philly fan already by the way

Jay

Love this pick. But the steal of the draft is clearly Doncic.

jvalles69

Quote from: Jay on June 22, 2018, 05:31:46 PM
Love this pick. But the steal of the draft is clearly Doncic.

Agree everyone who passes on Doncic is going to regret it, but Williams at 27 to none other than Boston of all teams wins it for me if he's good especially in the short term with the position Boston are in.