emergency loophole

Started by stevolen23, April 05, 2018, 01:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevolen23

I am confused about emergency loopholing rookies and getting the best score. Can someone please explain the emergency loophole?

SydneyRox

Loop holing is taking a calculated risk on someone who plays in the first couple of games, but only if you have a player who will score zero on the same line.

You name rookie A playing the earlier game on your bench as the "E" and put the zero scoring player on the field

If he scores more than you think rookie B will then you leave everything alone and make sure you don't have another "E" player on the same line.

If you think rookie B will score more then you put him on the field in place of the zero player.

stevolen23

thanks for the advice, does rookie A have to play before the non scoring player and rookie b.

Ringo

Yep you put the first playing Rookie a on the bench with the e and if he scores reasonable then you move your non playing rookie onto field in place of Rookie B.  Ensure this is done before non playing rookies game. 

PowerBug

An example always helps so here's one:

Jarrod Garlett is playing tonight, the 6 guys on my field are all playing, and my other fwd Toby Greene is not playing.

When players will be 'locked' and we won't be able to shuffle them around: Carlton players will lock tonight (So Garlett), GWS players will lock tomorrow night (Greene) and West Coast players will lock on Sunday afternoon (Venables).

If Garlett scores badly, I leave it as it is and he will only come onto my field if one of my 6 are a late out.

If Garlett scores well, I will sub on Toby Greene for Daniel Venables at some point tonight or tomorrow (As neither player is locked at this point). So Greene will be on my field but he isn't playing, so the game will sub on Garlett for him. Venables will be sitting on the bench.

If you think you can use it this week or any other week post it here and someone will help out.

thebrock

Hey guys. I have a bit of an issue. was too busy tonight to get online and shift things around to loophole for fyfe's score. I have Sicily up forward not playing so can put the C on him. However, I have Crows Fogarty set as Emergency. If I also put the E on Ryan (west coast) will I get Ryan's score? I know SC takes the lowest score if you have two emergencies in the same line, but will it take Fogarty's 0 if he hasn't played?

Cheers

PowerBug

Quote from: thebrock on April 07, 2018, 11:11:58 PM
Hey guys. I have a bit of an issue. was too busy tonight to get online and shift things around to loophole for fyfe's score. I have Sicily up forward not playing so can put the C on him. However, I have Crows Fogarty set as Emergency. If I also put the E on Ryan (west coast) will I get Ryan's score? I know SC takes the lowest score if you have two emergencies in the same line, but will it take Fogarty's 0 if he hasn't played?

Cheers
Yeah mate Ryan's score as Fogarty didn't play so will be ignored. So that should be all good.

thebrock

Thanks PowerBug. Would hate to miss Fyfes score. Not sure this will be dangers week to pull out over 160 :)

zoomba23

Quote from: PowerBug on April 06, 2018, 06:08:15 PM

Jarrod Garlett is playing tonight, the 6 guys on my field are all playing, and my other fwd Toby Greene is not playing.

When players will be 'locked' and we won't be able to shuffle them around: Carlton players will lock tonight (So Garlett), GWS players will lock tomorrow night (Greene) and West Coast players will lock on Sunday afternoon (Venables).

If Garlett scores badly, I leave it as it is and he will only come onto my field if one of my 6 are a late out.

If Garlett scores well, I will sub on Toby Greene for Daniel Venables at some point tonight or tomorrow (As neither player is locked at this point). So Greene will be on my field but he isn't playing, so the game will sub on Garlett for him. Venables will be sitting on the bench.

If you think you can use it this week or any other week post it here and someone will help out.

Hey guys, I've had a bit of confusion in the past trying to understand this loophole, and this example has really helped me understand it, but there's still something I don't get. Surely the score of an on field rookie plus a rookie with the E scores more than a rookie with the E and a donut on field? I don't understand how you can score more points by having a donut on the field and one of your playing rookies not even having their score registered? This might be just me, but I'd appreciate it if someone explained the benefit of this to me. Cheers.

fanTCfool

Quote from: zoomba23 on April 09, 2018, 12:04:23 PM

Hey guys, I've had a bit of confusion in the past trying to understand this loophole, and this example has really helped me understand it, but there's still something I don't get. Surely the score of an on field rookie plus a rookie with the E scores more than a rookie with the E and a donut on field? I don't understand how you can score more points by having a donut on the field and one of your playing rookies not even having their score registered? This might be just me, but I'd appreciate it if someone explained the benefit of this to me. Cheers.

Using the example, you will have six scoring forwards either way,
With Greene on Bench: Franklin, Heeney, English, Venables, Fritsch & Ryan
With Greene on Field: Franklin, Heeney, English, Fritsch, Ryan & Garlett

The on-field donut is replaced by the emergency. You don't have 7 scorers by leaving Venables on the field and Garlett on the bench because Garlett's score obviously won't add on.

zoomba23

Quote from: fanTCfool on April 09, 2018, 12:09:37 PM

The on-field donut is replaced by the emergency. You don't have 7 scorers by leaving Venables on the field and Garlett on the bench because Garlett's score obviously won't add on.

Oh wait, so you're saying that you can't have seven scorers on a given line? Damn I didn't know that, I always thought that you got the six field scores and the one emergency score, or if you had two emergencies, the lowest of the two scores plus the six field scores. So the emergency's score doesn't add on, is that what you're telling me? Sorry about this, still got a lot to learn about Supercoach.

fanTCfool

Quote from: zoomba23 on April 09, 2018, 12:22:26 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on April 09, 2018, 12:09:37 PM

Oh wait, so you're saying that you can't have seven scorers on a given line? Damn I didn't know that, I always thought that you got the six field scores and the one emergency score, or if you had two emergencies, the lowest of the two scores plus the six field scores. So the emergency's score doesn't add on, is that what you're telling me? Sorry about this, still got a lot to learn about Supercoach.

Correct, you will score will always be comprised of 6 defender scores, 8 midfielder scores, 2 ruck scores and 6 forward scores to provide your total of 22 players. The only exclusion to this is the bye rounds where only your top 18 scores will count, regardless of position.