Main Menu

Swans 2018 season discussion thread

Started by j959, April 03, 2018, 01:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j959

ok fellow Swannie fans and FF peeps, so getting to the half-way mark of the season i'm rating us to make the top8 but just struggle to get into the top6 (where I think you need to be to have a better than even chance of winning it all) ...

UNLESS we get a consistent effort from the leaders and 2-3 of the 2nd tier ...

Mills out for the year, hurts a bit but I don't see Buddy/Hanners injuries as being any excuse ...

team's just not been consistent so far this season, much better than last year's start but still, I see this as a consolidation year, not quite top4 material - until Horse fixes up the team consistency and comes up with decent plan B & C, I don't think we can honestly win the flag this year ...

#negativenancy

;)

SydneyRox

well, I would like to see the positives rather than your #negativenancy attitude!!

All things considered in 3 rounds time when we get our bye, should be 9-4 (or 10-3)

with our best game played being way back in round 1!!

We have yet to hit form, and have had to work through some injuries to main players. Missing Reid/Tippet/Naismith has really hurt our structure and I think we are still trying to come to terms with it.

I am not sure we can win the lot from here, but cant see why we wont finish top4 and if we can find form at finals time, there are no teams that would want to play us anywhere.

much better than the position we were in this time last year......

j959

Quote from: SydneyRox on May 28, 2018, 02:49:44 PM
well, I would like to see the positives rather than your #negativenancy attitude!!

All things considered in 3 rounds time when we get our bye, should be 9-4 (or 10-3)

with our best game played being way back in round 1!!

We have yet to hit form, and have had to work through some injuries to main players. Missing Reid/Tippet/Naismith has really hurt our structure and I think we are still trying to come to terms with it.

I am not sure we can win the lot from here, but cant see why we wont finish top4 and if we can find form at finals time, there are no teams that would want to play us anywhere.

much better than the position we were in this time last year......
agree, yeh - but do you see Swans as a genuine top4/premiership contender??  ;)

i'd see us making up the numbers again ... form comes and goes, but consistency of effort should not and that's the problem from what I can see this season ...   :(

:P    ;)

SydneyRox

yeah, up top now we havent shown enough, but all we need to do is get on a bulldogs type roll and anything can happen in September, finishing in the top4 not playing our best footy would be handy!

Will be very interesting to see how we go vs the eagles in two weeks....

elephants

Quote from: SydneyRox on May 28, 2018, 03:56:58 PM
yeah, up top now we havent shown enough, but all we need to do is get on a bulldogs type roll and anything can happen in September, finishing in the top4 not playing our best footy would be handy!

We need to stop Buddy, no way we win if he kicks another massive bag. But if we can contain him it should be a cracking game

Ringo

Quote from: elephants on May 28, 2018, 09:14:24 PM

We need to stop Buddy, no way we win if he kicks another massive bag. But if we can contain him it should be a cracking game
Just ask Yeo to ask Gardiner for his secrets.  ;)

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ringo on May 28, 2018, 09:25:07 PM
Quote from: elephants on May 28, 2018, 09:14:24 PM

Just ask Yeo to ask Gardiner for his secrets.  ;)

think the fact it was raining and buddy hasnt trained fully since rnd 1 might have had some effect also!! :P

kilbluff1985

SR why has Hanners been so down in form this year any idea?

j959

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 01, 2018, 04:55:59 PM
SR why has Hanners been so down in form this year any idea?
not fit enough KB ... think something happened to his pre-season and then injured so doesn't have the tank this season ...

my memory of him was that his strength was his gut running to get to contests or at least receive the ball from the contest from Parker/Titch a couple of seasons ago ...

SydneyRox

Yeah, all reports (except Grant Thomas) suggest he isnt quite 100%

Hopefully the bye will sort him out.

I also think (hoping) we are still holding back for the 2nd half of the year, we just dont look anywhere near as sharp as I would expect.

Trindacut

Great win last night over WCE, like always Sydney is one of the teams to beat.

Need a good Buddy bag of 10 soon, hopefully not against Richmond.