WXV Ladder Positions 2018

Started by Purple 77, March 27, 2018, 07:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

Quote from: Holz on May 06, 2018, 11:08:11 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on May 06, 2018, 09:10:55 PM
And just quietly, I can't remember the last time where my total points for is more than Dublin's. A big moment for me actually! Sitting 5th on the points ladder... feels like my first bit of reward for effort in a while  :)

Peaking early purp dangerous dont want to end up like Toronto

He's got a point Purps. The only thing worse than peaking early is being shower all season like Dublin.

Holz

Quote from: Adamant on May 06, 2018, 11:20:45 PM
And just quietly, I can't remember the last time where my total points for is more than Dublin's. A big moment for me actually! Sitting 5th on the points ladder... feels like my first bit of reward for effort in a while  :)

He's got a point Purps. The only thing worse than peaking early is being shower all season like Dublin.

Shows how good Dublin is that 1 win away from top is a disaster.

Feeling really good in my position with the outs.

Adamant

Quote from: Holz on May 06, 2018, 11:42:45 PM
Quote from: Adamant on May 06, 2018, 11:20:45 PM

Shows how good Dublin is that 1 win away from top is a disaster.

Feeling really good in my position with the outs.

Wait a sec. Did you just mention your outs? I thought injuries were irrelevant at Dublin due to your amazing depth?

Quote from: Holz on May 02, 2018, 10:54:13 AM
just as i get some guys back in more go out, Lids and May this week luckily I have some great depth.

Fair enough though, I suppose playing with no ruck is a decent handicap. Probably should have made a play for a guy like Bellchambers, someone that supposedly wasn't worth a NEAFL standard midfielder is averaging more than your superstar ruckman. Another brilliant call by yourself!

Levi434

"Peaking early." "Warming up."

How do I get these awesome powers?

meow meow

Holy shower, a round with no new injuries!!!

Ablett, Waite, Langdon available next week. Wells a possibility too, with Murphy about a fortnight away.

Holz

Quote from: Adamant on May 07, 2018, 12:16:28 AM
Wait a sec. Did you just mention your outs? I thought injuries were irrelevant at Dublin due to your amazing depth?

I have good depth

Oscar McDonald   68
Ed Vickers-Willis   62
Tom Hawkins   108
Phil Davis   84
Jack Henry   114

im very keen to see what happens if you lose a few players. You needed to win on HGA and a technicality to just win this week

meow meow

Toronto and Pacific are peaking too early. Seoul and NDT just aren't as good as they used to be. Berlin simply won't do anything significant even though they have the list to go all the way. 'Jing rely on luck too much and it'll run out. Looks like it'll be Christchurch vs Dublin in the final.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on May 07, 2018, 11:06:37 AM
Toronto and Pacific are peaking too early. Seoul and NDT just aren't as good as they used to be. Berlin simply won't do anything significant even though they have the list to go all the way. 'Jing rely on luck too much and it'll run out. Looks like it'll be Christchurch vs Dublin in the final.

Pacific the real deal they are my tip to be in the Grandfinal.

Top 5 ruck
Best defender in the comp with another top 5 guy
Top 3 in the comp midfield with a Perma Captain

The only question marks are there bottom 3-4 players and injuries to one of their superstars.

Adamant

Quote from: Holz on May 07, 2018, 10:58:16 AM

I have good depth

Oscar McDonald   68
Ed Vickers-Willis   62
Tom Hawkins   108
Phil Davis   84
Jack Henry   114

im very keen to see what happens if you lose a few players. You needed to win on HGA and a technicality to just win this week

Outstanding. Reinforced by Belfast being 15th on the reserves ladder and only 860 points behind our 2s side.

I can't see us losing two premium midfielders (one of them being our captain) to injuries in 3rd quarters very often this year. Would have been a demolition job on the weekend otherwise. Good chance we'll be without Pendles and Prestia this week too so you won't have to wait long to see what happens.

Spoiler alert: still outscored Dublin despite those two scoring 60s so it won't make much of a difference

meow meow

Holz

I really hope Toronto can back up this talk in the finals.

meow meow

They'll be knocked out by the Christchurch-Dublin one-two punch.

Adamant

Quote from: Holz on May 07, 2018, 03:05:00 PM
Quote from: Adamant on May 07, 2018, 02:15:57 PM

I have good depth

Oscar McDonald   68
Ed Vickers-Willis   62
Tom Hawkins   108
Phil Davis   84
Jack Henry   114

Outstanding. Reinforced by Belfast being 15th on the reserves ladder and only 860 points behind our 2s side.

I can't see us losing two premium midfielders (one of them being our captain) to injuries in 3rd quarters very often this year. Would have been a demolition job on the weekend otherwise. Good chance we'll be without Pendles and Prestia this week too so you won't have to wait long to see what happens.

Spoiler alert: still outscored Dublin despite those two scoring 60s so it won't make much of a difference
Post your team up without Pendles Prestia Thompson Clarke and Boak and tell me what it would have scored.

Simpson 97, Witherden 43, Thompson 75 Cole 88, Duman 39
Macrae 189x2=378, Kelly 115, Blakely 63, Redden 134
Naitanui 93
Mundy 53, Boak 95 Melksham 50, Hogan 130, Christensen 61
Pendlebury 63 Bellchambers 112, Prestia 67 Hopper 76

Total: 1571, second highest score for the round. Nice try though.

Holz

Quote from: Adamant on May 07, 2018, 03:27:19 PM
Quote from: Holz on May 07, 2018, 03:05:00 PM
Quote from: Adamant on May 07, 2018, 02:15:57 PM

I have good depth

Oscar McDonald   68
Ed Vickers-Willis   62
Tom Hawkins   108
Phil Davis   84
Jack Henry   114

Post your team up without Pendles Prestia Thompson Clarke and Boak and tell me what it would have scored.

Simpson 97, Witherden 43, Thompson 75 Cole 88, Duman 39
Macrae 189x2=378, Kelly 115, Blakely 63, Redden 134
Naitanui 93
Mundy 53, Boak 95 Melksham 50, Hogan 130, Christensen 61
Pendlebury 63 Bellchambers 112, Prestia 67 Hopper 76

Total: 1575, second highest score for the round. Nice try though.

see how it goes the rest of the season. This is that same squad the week before.

Simpson 70 , Witherden 92 ,  Cole 67 , Duman 53
Macrae 282 , Kelly 106 , Blakely 113 , Redden 127
Naitanui 70
Mundy 98 ,  Melksham 85 , Hogan 36 , Christensen 74
Burger 76 ,  Hopper 59

1408 with a monster captain score.

I give you this is Macrae can keep up a 150+ average then your a serious contender.

better hope your not playing in round 2 of the finals as Ben Jacobs is coming for him.

Adamant

That would still give us the highest floor in the competition, we're the only team yet to go below 140 WXV points I believe. That's not too bad for a doomsday scenario which is what you're making it out to be at your pie club with your pie injuries. But whatever makes you sleep at night I guess.