West Coast 2018 Season Discussion Thread

Started by LF, March 15, 2018, 09:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Rusty00 on November 23, 2018, 07:40:25 PM
Are you guys surprised that a) you delisted Partington, and then b) you didn’t pick him up as a rookie?
He signed with Glenelg not long after they delisted him.

Ricochet

Quote from: Nige on November 23, 2018, 07:54:55 PM
Are you guys surprised that a) you delisted Partington, and then b) you didn’t pick him up as a rookie?
He signed with Glenelg not long after they delisted him.
Just about all players will sign with a clause though, in the chance they do get picked up again.

elephants

No and no, also not surprised no other AFL club picked him up.

Should have a solid SANFL season next yr though

Gigantor

jvalles69

Gross, there are several players who need to be dropped to the 2's at this stage to learn some heart and effort.

jvalles69

Starting to get fired up at the tail end of the season, Nic Nat back was great to see, his chemistry with Shuey is epic.  I started to get visions of Coxy tapping it to Judd, Cousins and Kerr!  Barass and Gov to come back this week puts us basically at full strength now, with just Hutchings to come back.  Will be interesting to see if we use anyone else like Nelson as a tagger, I'm not a fan of him, but he's done a solid job against a forward over the last 2 weeks.  Will Hickey/Vardy continue to play when Nic Nat is 80%+ or will they opt to pinch hit with Allen?  Who gets dropped this week?  I'd say Cameron for sure, and maybe/hopefully Masten and Schofield, but I'd presume Masten stays now that Hutchings is out.

elephants

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 02, 2019, 05:14:03 PM
Starting to get fired up at the tail end of the season, Nic Nat back was great to see, his chemistry with Shuey is epic.  I started to get visions of Coxy tapping it to Judd, Cousins and Kerr!  Barass and Gov to come back this week puts us basically at full strength now, with just Hutchings to come back.  Will be interesting to see if we use anyone else like Nelson as a tagger, I'm not a fan of him, but he's done a solid job against a forward over the last 2 weeks.  Will Hickey/Vardy continue to play when Nic Nat is 80%+ or will they opt to pinch hit with Allen?  Who gets dropped this week?  I'd say Cameron for sure, and maybe/hopefully Masten and Schofield, but I'd presume Masten stays now that Hutchings is out.

Yeah I'm not a fan of Nelson either but he was our 5th best possession winner in the slop and we typically don't perform well in those conditions. If he plays his role and doesn't consistently make monumental flower ups every week I really dont mind him being in our best 22.

I think we will always play 2 rucks. Partly to preserve Nic Nat, I think we can win finals with NN playing 65%-70% TOG. Also we really havent got a proper back up ruckman. Oscar gets monstered in there, and taking Gov out of defence flowers with our structure too much imo and his body isn't exactly up for being smashed around. Still think we lose too much contested marking when JD comes out of the forward line too. I much prefer Hickey to Vardy at this stage - hope he can work well with NN.

Masten looks so cooked and idk why. He was decent last year but he literally brings nothing to the table now. He doesn't have any defensive attributes, he's not a good user, he cant play forward or back. I really think he needs to sit in the WAFL until he is putting up 35-40 possession games and demanding to be picked. Would rather see someone like Brainsworth getting some exposure in a similar role.

This is what I feared with having Cameron, Ryan and Rioli in the same side. When one had a stinker they all seem like they will. Amazing when it comes off but probably not feasible just yet.

Schoey is so far off, so I'm happy to see him get cut. Fine depth player.

jvalles69

Haha, you jinxed Rioli, Cameron and Ryan into all having good games together, although it was against the Dockers!  :P  Cameron can't get dropped now.  Duggan out, so hoping Rotham gets a shot again, Ah Chee goes back out for JKK.  Hickey seems to love his role next Nic Nat, I think Vardy is done for the season now.  Shepp keeps on Shepping, good to see him get some recognition with the medal, he is sooooo underrated.  Reminds me a bit of Beau Waters in the back there.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 10, 2019, 12:36:52 PM
Haha, you jinxed Rioli, Cameron and Ryan into all having good games together, although it was against the Dockers!  :P  Cameron can't get dropped now.  Duggan out, so hoping Rotham gets a shot again, Ah Chee goes back out for JKK.  Hickey seems to love his role next Nic Nat, I think Vardy is done for the season now.  Shepp keeps on Shepping, good to see him get some recognition with the medal, he is sooooo underrated.  Reminds me a bit of Beau Waters in the back there.

Yeah Shepp is an absolute gun and certainly goes underrated

Pretty sure Vardy is injured anyway

I would think Cole comes back in for Duggan

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 10, 2019, 12:44:34 PM

Forgot about Cole, he's been super underwhelming...

elephants

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 10, 2019, 12:54:32 PM

Just needs to know his limitations. Hes not Jetta so he needs to stop trying to pick out someone 60m away between 4 opposition players. Keep your direct opponent quiet, play the percentages and spread when the switch is on. Only things he needs to do week in week out tbh

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: elephants on July 12, 2019, 11:18:01 AM
Quote from: jvalles69 on July 10, 2019, 12:54:32 PM

Just needs to know his limitations. Hes not Jetta so he needs to stop trying to pick out someone 60m away between 4 opposition players. Keep your direct opponent quiet, play the percentages and spread when the switch is on. Only things he needs to do week in week out tbh

Yep, Cole has done a lot of good things for a while so has the runs on the board - I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to just a slump in form - hopefully he bounces back to form tonight