Amon the Rockliff - PowerBug's 2018 AF

Started by PowerBug, March 13, 2018, 08:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Mmmmmmmmmm keen for this one. Looks like the prices have jumped massively this season.

Here's the team I chucked together quickly. I basically picked the premiums I know I want, then the rookies that every else is picking, in some kind of order until I ran out of cash. R2 I have no clue, D3 the same, Rookies the same. This team will no doubt change a lot when I work out more about the rookies.

Anyhow, thoughts?

LEV

i like what youve done with mids.

Nic Nat is going to be a roller coaster with constant monitoring.  I had him, but elected to go jacobs with gawn so i can forget about rucks.

would change holman on mid bench to banfield from freo who has done well so far.

Not quite sure what i think about garlett and higgins in forwards. Maybe look at venables and someone else.  Im taking a punt on florent.

goodluck!

Thunderbolts

Backs are fine except o'shea might be the one that goes up n down depending on his role at the Blues

Mids - only concern is LDU as they will be easing him in

I would prefer a set n forget rucks - Nic Nat not def for round 1

For - I like your 1st 3 but next three I would change. Higgins will be later on in year

PowerBug

Draft 02, 5 Days to Lockout

Quote from: LEV on March 14, 2018, 10:59:29 AM
i like what youve done with mids.

Nic Nat is going to be a roller coaster with constant monitoring.  I had him, but elected to go jacobs with gawn so i can forget about rucks.

would change holman on mid bench to banfield from freo who has done well so far.

Not quite sure what i think about garlett and higgins in forwards. Maybe look at venables and someone else.  Im taking a punt on florent.

goodluck!
I've jumped off Nic nat, I never really intended to go down that path. Who I pick though I'm really unsure about. Holman looks to be settled as a starter so i think I will start him, did grab Banfield though. Also dropped both Garlett and Higgins, not a Florent fan.

Quote from: Thunderbolts on March 14, 2018, 05:37:23 PM
Backs are fine except o'shea might be the one that goes up n down depending on his role at the Blues

Mids - only concern is LDU as they will be easing him in

I would prefer a set n forget rucks - Nic Nat not def for round 1

For - I like your 1st 3 but next three I would change. Higgins will be later on in year
Yeah off O'Shea, Finlayson should start so I'll go with him. LDU gone as he can't score. Not touching Nic Nat as said above. I also went Barlow -> Heeney because I forgot about the Rd 10 bye.

So above is my current side, still got 5 spots to fill and $1.95mil to spend on it. One of those has to be a premium ruck (~$700k, thinking Stef), two of them are fwd rookies (~$400k). That leaves $800k for M5 and F4. Wicked, I have to pick midpricers don't I? :P

chief007

Have u looked at ellis down back from the tigers could be something different, witts in the rucks could be worth a look, no one will have him ans he hasnt got much competition

PowerBug

PowerBug

Score: 2049

Planned transfers: Rookie shuffle, two guys that aren't named to 2 that are. Ideally I want to give Rayner another chance so I'd like to hold onto him but we will see when teams are named.

PowerBug

fanTCfool

Hibberd & Zerrett are your two most pressing issues, Treloar not fantastic and arguably Neale too but they can wait.
How much cash have you got in the kitty?

Ringo

Not far ahead of you at 25k so this may not be the best advice.

Ryan to Henry and Zerrett to any prem of your choice who you can afford as a start,

PowerBug

Quote from: fanTCfool on April 10, 2018, 06:24:01 PM
Hibberd & Zerrett are your two most pressing issues, Treloar not fantastic and arguably Neale too but they can wait.
How much cash have you got in the kitty?
$100k flat. Zerrett goes before Hibberd was my thought.

Quote from: Ringo on April 10, 2018, 06:24:16 PM
Not far ahead of you at 25k so this may not be the best advice.

Ryan to Henry and Zerrett to any prem of your choice who you can afford as a start,
Yep that was what I saw too, except I think I prefer Waterman, Ratugolea or Frampton if he comes in.

fanTCfool

Reckon you've gotta escape the underperforming premos first, Crowden can cover Ryan for a week and you're not gonna miss out on a heap of cash by waiting a week to downgrade to another cash cow.

You could swap Hibberd to Sicily and have enough cash to upgrade Zerrett to someone like Macrae, Hunter or even Cogs.

PowerBug

Round 12 Score: 1,516
Overall Rank: 16,773 (-2,634)

Banfield -> Gaff
Ronke -> Simpson (Rocky, Yeo swing)
Brayshaw -> rookie ($202k max)

Is what I'm looking at right now. Then next week I downgrade twice and grab Grundy from Jacobs :)