GoLions' RDT Diary 2018

Started by GoLions, February 02, 2018, 11:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

RDT finally open, so decided to have a crack with this new salary cap and player price changes!

Team is here, $11,100 in the bank still. And I'll quickly say now, I didn't realise how much I had stacked my mids until after I had finished my team ;D

DEF: Laird is a lock for me, Lloyd underpriced due to concussion, think he will easily be a top 10 back. Ellis a bit of a risk, he could definitely be upgraded to someone like Simmo or Hibberd. Rookies after that, again, this may change, if I drop a mid to a rookie.

MIDS: Titch locked. Tempted not to start Danger, but have him in for now, as he may be too hard to ever bring in if he gets going. Zerrett and Treloar I'm really keen on in DT this year. MCrouch was phenomenal back half of last year, backing him to go on with that form. Rocky really underpriced for what he can deliver, but he may be the mid to make way if I need to upgrade elsewhere due to change of scenery and Port's early bye. Reddo I'm predicting to take over from Priddis/Smitch and get back to his 100+ days.

RUCK: Jacobs and Gawn probably fairly standard? Worried with Grundy and Stef if Cox and Archie play.

FWD: Not many forwards appealing to me atm. Heeney should be right up there again, Robbo should come back into the mids, expecting a 90-100avg. Lobb as #1 ruck should increase his avg quite significantly with all the extra hitouts. Christensen cheap and should score well, injury risk means he may be swapped for someone else though before R1.

Lemme know what you guys and gals think! :)

Football Factory

Looks pretty good to me GL, midfield bats deep  :o

L.Keefe will make your team by the time round 1 comes along  :-X   :D

Ringo

Nice first up team to sit on.

Banned to the backbenches with no Beams or Zorkoooooooooooo  :D

trust you have a plan for Rockys bye as well.

Like the Lloyd pick and he still may find his way into my team.

GoLions

Quote from: Football Factory on February 02, 2018, 11:44:44 AM
Looks pretty good to me GL, midfield bats deep  :o

L.Keefe will make your team by the time round 1 comes along  :-X   :D
Keefe ay? Will keep that in mind!

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on February 02, 2018, 11:48:01 AM
Nice first up team to sit on.

Banned to the backbenches with no Beams or Zorkoooooooooooo  :D

trust you have a plan for Rockys bye as well.

Like the Lloyd pick and he still may find his way into my team.
Haha, i wanted the magician but only had like 720k or so for my last premo mid so went with Rocky :-X

Odds are Rocky becomes a rookie and i bring in a Simmo or someone though haha, just for team balance. Gotta check out byes at some point as well i guess

Keeper27

wow GL, that mid is stacked.

can you check out my Team, any advice is welcome.

Thanks

GoLions

526k left. Help.

With DPP can basically get a def, mid, or fwd for Ryan. Probs not a mid as Kelly and Holman are performing well enough atm. Currently looking at Simmo, Savage, Buddy, Heeney, McLean, and Walters. Could also get a rookie such as Richards by moving Sicily fwd and playing Murray, but feel like I'd be sacrificing too many points.

Also, is it worth cutting my losses with Zerrett for now and getting someone like Macrae, Duncan, etc. or just stick with him whilst he bleeds cash? Clearly something isn't right, but we all know how well he can score when at his best...

GoLions

Bit of an update, seeing as my team has actually started doing well, ranking 15th and 73rd the last 2 weeks and moving into the top 1k :o

I have 155k in the bank before trades this week. Feel like a defence upgrade is probably the way to go.

Banfield to Phillips (going a week early) gets me another 210k, leaving me with 365k. Then it's a matter of who to trade from Doedee, Finlayson, Naughton, and who to bring in out of Simpson and Yeo. Leaning towards trading Finlayson, but still undecided on who I want to trade in, I guess they're both going to score quite similar and whoever I don't get this week, may very well come in next week!

Peter

Agree - R12 defender for Doedee, to lessen your R14 players and Doedee price decrease

GoLions

Quote from: Peter on May 18, 2018, 06:49:25 PM
Agree - R12 defender for Doedee, to lessen your R14 players and Doedee price decrease
Ended up trading Naughton instead of Finlayson/Doedee to Yeo, and went Banfield to Murphy, which wasn't too bad, but Finlayson and Doedee lost a bit of cash.

Scored 2361 this week, ranked 23rd for the round, and pushed myself up to 368th overall!

Here's the team:

23k left in the bank. Trades for this week will be something like:

Finlayson-->Phillips
Murray-->Simmo

That should leave me with about 100k left to spare.

Following weeks I'll be looking at:

Kelly-->Rocky
Coff-->Ridley

Bundy-->Walters
Some other rookie downgrade

Should still leave me with some decent cash in hand, with just Doedee and Fritsch left to upgrade, and 10 trades in the bank :)

GoLions

A big 2422 this week, ranking me 18th for the week and lifting me up to 147th overall!

TKelly and Gawn the only disappointments, wish I played Spargo, Phillips, or Guelfi over Kelly haha

Here's the team now:

I have 95.9k in the bank. This week looking to do:

ZGL-->TSmith
TKelly-->Walters

Leaves me with 126.4k to spare.

Next week I have my eye on Rocky, so will consider something like:

Fritsch-->Rocky (swing Walters forward)
Coffield-->Rice (a week late I know, pending other rookies available)

Then the following week:
Spargo/Guelfi-->rookie downgrade
Doedee-->Hurley

And the week after thattttt:
Spargo/Guelfi-->rookie downgrade
Bundy-->Buddy

Haven't checked with when players have specific byes for those trades to work, so could be a bit of mix-and-match there. Also obviously depends on how the rookies I have atm go over the next couple of weeks. But that's the basic plan going through the byes.

What do people think?