Main Menu

Kurt Tippett retires

Started by nas, January 22, 2018, 05:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-01-22/star-swans-tall-announces-shock-retirement

SYDNEY big man Kurt Tippett has retired from football, effective immediately, because of a degenerative ankle injury.

The 30-year-old played 74 games since his high-priced â€" and controversial â€" transfer from Adelaide in 2013. He played 104 games for the Crows, having been drafted from Southport.

Ringo

Beat me to it again Nas,

Does Darcy Cameron now become a viable R3 Option given he will more tan likely get games?

nrich102

The NEAFL loses one of its best players  :(

Peter

At his top, a seriously good player. Had him in plenty of my fantasy teams over years. Good luck for the retirement Kurt

j959

Quote from: Ringo on January 22, 2018, 05:22:16 PM
Beat me to it again Nas,

Does Darcy Cameron now become a viable R3 Option given he will more tan likely get games?
I don't think so Ringo cos Horse likes to spread the love in the rucks ... last year, rolling Tippo, Naismith, Sinclair ... and the other two are still there ... so barring injury, might get a game or two but probably not enough to be a R3 option this season imo ...

any Swans followers know what we're up for salary-wise??

I didn't mind the trade and still don't even after they got Buddy, cos Tippett was always supposed to be a Fwd/Ruck and stay closer to goal when resting fwd allowing Buddy to roam further up the ground to max his strengths for the team ...