Main Menu

The 2017/18 Men's Ashes

Started by PowerBug, November 04, 2017, 09:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

This infatuation with Marsh by selectors is starting to be a bit embarrassing lets hope the pitch is a road or he will fail

Jukes

Quote from: shaker on November 17, 2017, 01:36:12 PM
This infatuation with Marsh by selectors is starting to be a bit embarrassing lets hope the pitch is a road or he will fail

Isn’t that true about all Aussie batsmen though?

[insert link of 60 all out)

shaker

Quote from: Jukes on November 17, 2017, 02:42:01 PM

Haha there you are ready and primed for some ashes banter ? really how many chances does this guy get they just have to move on from him and don't worry the Pom batsmen are already having sleepless nights about facing Starc and Co. over here  ;)

Jukes

Quote from: shaker on November 17, 2017, 03:07:10 PM

Haha there you are ready and primed for some ashes banter ? really how many chances does this guy get they just have to move on from him and don't worry the Pom batsmen are already having sleepless nights about facing Starc and Co. over here  ;)

I reckon he deserves it this time as his form has really been in good form for WA and he adds plenty of experience, but it might just about be his last period in the team given he is 34 and probably isn't getting any better.

Only people who should be scared of Starc are our tail-enders, he's a ripper at dismissing the tail but proper batsmen not so much. And unfortunately for Starc our tail doesn't really start until about the tenth batsmen seeing as Ali, Woakes, and, to a lesser extent, Broad are gun batsmen - Broad has a test 150 after all! Don't think anybody would be really scared of Hazlewood, maybe Cummins for the three balls he can get in before having to go off to hospital, and Lyon is a joke tbh.

I reckon it's who can get the most luck with the tosses will go a very long way to winning this series (as it is for most series').

shaker

Quote from: Jukes on November 17, 2017, 03:13:09 PM
Quote from: shaker on November 17, 2017, 03:07:10 PM

I reckon he deserves it this time as his form has really been in good form for WA and he adds plenty of experience, but it might just about be his last period in the team given he is 34 and probably isn't getting any better.

Only people who should be scared of Starc are our tail-enders, he's a ripper at dismissing the tail but proper batsmen not so much. And unfortunately for Starc our tail doesn't really start until about the tenth batsmen seeing as Ali, Woakes, and, to a lesser extent, Broad are gun batsmen - Broad has a test 150 after all! Don't think anybody would be really scared of Hazlewood, maybe Cummins for the three balls he can get in before having to go off to hospital, and Lyon is a joke tbh.

I reckon it's who can get the most luck with the tosses will go a very long way to winning this series (as it is for most series').
If Starc can stay fit and if can get up to the 150kmh + he is going to be your worst nightmare this summer and with Hazelwood and Cummins backing up watch out and tell me how long before basher Stokes is sent over I reckon when you are 2 nil down for the 3rd test they will forgive him  :D

PowerBug

Yeah if I supported Australia I'd be looking at the Marsh selection and be not overly displeased. He's a better bat than Cartwright and Maxwell, Bancroft isn't a number 6 so I don't believe that him dropping down is an option.

I don't see any other number 6 as a better batting option than Shaun Marsh, maybe Callum Ferguson. And people have been crying out for a long time to just pick a batsman at number 6. Australia have some of the best bowlers in the world for these conditions (Starc, Hazlewood, Sayers, Lyon), an All Rounder is not required.

shaker

I know it is coming Clarke is going to be commentating this summer he has already had his whiny voice on the women's games looks like TV on mute and radio commentary  ;)

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: shaker on November 20, 2017, 07:11:24 PM
I know it is coming Clarke is going to be commentating this summer he has already had his whiny voice on the women's games looks like TV on mute and radio commentary  ;)
there is a long line of reasons why the TV should be on mute and Clarke is at the far back of that line :P

shaker

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on November 21, 2017, 01:20:14 AM
there is a long line of reasons why the TV should be on mute and Clarke is at the far back of that line :P
Never been a fan of Clarke ever and now with him commentating it has increased tenfold I find myself wishing that Ian Chappell was on the mic and that is pretty flowered  :P

Ringo

Quote from: shaker on November 21, 2017, 09:15:13 AM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on November 21, 2017, 01:20:14 AM
Never been a fan of Clarke ever and now with him commentating it has increased tenfold I find myself wishing that Ian Chappell was on the mic and that is pretty flowered  :P
Time to mute the TV and listen to the ABC commentary.

PowerBug

Guess I should roll out a proper prediction. I don’t see how England’s batting is good enough to compete with the Aussie bowlers. We will need to target Adelaide and Sydney, and hope we can draw this match to get a 2-2. In saying that, I’m going Australia 5-0, again. I hope I’m wrong, I’ll take anything that’s not 5-0 hahaha

Levi434

Bill Manspeaker

Nige

Smarsh playing, grats England.

Bill Manspeaker

Aussies 3-1

Josh Hazlewood man of the series