upthemaidens

Pacific Islanders

D: Rory Laird, Matt Suckling, Adam Tomlinson, Bailey Williams
M: Marcus Bontempelli(C), Tom Mitchell(VC), Andrew Gaff, Andrew Swallow
R: Jordan Murdoch
F: Devon Smith, Steven Motlop, Mitch McGovern, Matt Taberner
Int: Sam Gibson, Liam Duggan

E: Cam Guthrie, Matthew de Boer, Jake Kolodjashnij

Oh well let's see what happens.  Most of this XV is under 25yo, so that's something I guess.

Jay

Who's hands do I want the fate of our season in? This guy. Although I haven't confirmed if The Phantom thinks he is good, so doesn't count for much :P

Holz

Quote from: Jay on August 17, 2017, 11:45:35 PM
Who's hands do I want the fate of our season in? This guy. Although I haven't confirmed if The Phantom thinks he is good, so doesn't count for much :P

Its knightmare not phantom but

Bontempelli can play pretty much anywhere. Off a back flank he can really break the lines with his pace but also has a nice leap on him making him a weapon in the air when he pushes forward. He has a nice combination of athletic gifts with above average speed, agility and endurance at his height. He also has some real penetration on that left foot with his 55m kick and has the ability to do some major damage. As a midfielder he’s still developing his inside game but it’s coming along nicely with his clean hands and his improving ability to win his own ball and distribute by hand so there’s plenty to work with, particularly at his height as someone who is still growing into his body. With Bontempelli I’ve really enjoyed his improvement in recent seasons and he still seems to be growing and with a late year birthday he’s a guy who over future seasons has the opportunity to really develop into a monster if things go right

Also if people listened to knightmare he wouldnt have been on your team would have gone earlier

upthemaidens

Quote from: upthemaidens on August 17, 2017, 11:35:04 PM
                 Pacific Islanders

D: Rory Laird, Matt Suckling, Adam Tomlinson, Bailey Williams
M: Marcus Bontempelli(C), Tom Mitchell(VC), Andrew Gaff, Andrew Swallow
R: Cam Guthrie
F: Devon Smith, Steven Motlop, Mitch McGovern, Matt Taberner
Int: Sam Gibson, Liam Duggan

E: Matthew de Boer, Jordan Murdoch, Jake Kolodjashnij

Oh well let's see what happens.  Most of this XV is under 25yo, so that's something I guess.
Edit:  Guthrie and Murdoch swap places.

Nige

Alternate thread title:

Prelim 1: The battle of the lesser of two evils, Prelim 2: The grand final we all wanted to see.

GoLions

Quote from: Nige on August 18, 2017, 01:24:54 PM
Alternate thread title:

Prelim 1: The battle of the lesser of two evils, Prelim 2: The grand final we all wanted to see.
Using last year's AFL finals series:

Geelong vs Sydney, GWS vs Bulldogs

Holz

I think Dublin v NDT is the grandfinal we need.

Crouch v Crouch

GoLions

Quote from: Holz on August 18, 2017, 01:31:44 PM
I think Dublin v NDT is the grandfinal we need.

B Crouch v M Crouch
It'd be like Port Adelaide vs Geelong

Nige

meow meow

Wonder how many forwards Lester will outscore from these teams.

I bet Pacific wish they had a playing ruck right about now. They should do something about that if there's some way that it could possibly happen in the near future.

Nige

meow meow

Quote from: Nige on August 18, 2017, 01:54:46 PM
Quote from: meow meow on August 18, 2017, 01:49:52 PM
Clearly in.
Like Dublin into the grand final next week?

I was thinking something like Vardy's form status. But sure, Joffrey to waltz it in.

Nige

Quote from: meow meow on August 18, 2017, 01:56:49 PM
Quote from: Nige on August 18, 2017, 01:54:46 PM
Quote from: meow meow on August 18, 2017, 01:49:52 PM
Clearly in.
Like Dublin into the grand final next week?

I was thinking something like Vardy's form status. But sure, Joffrey to waltz it in.
Ryan Lester's form over the past month is a lot better.

I'm sure he'll be the first QPP. And if not, he scores better than any other player you could potentially have as OOP ruck.

New York won't have to worry about the likes of Harmes or Gilbert as their ruck ever again. Although they'd just be wasting his potential there, clearly F1 in 2018.

GoLions

Quote from: meow meow on August 18, 2017, 01:53:55 PM
Wonder how many forwards Lester will outscore from these teams.

I bet Pacific wish they had a playing ruck right about now. They should do something about that if there's some way that it could possibly happen in the near future.
I hear Zac Clarke is up for trade!