2017 WXV Awards Night

Started by Levi434, August 07, 2017, 07:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi434

You are formally invited to the 2017 World XV's Awards Night. A night to celebrate greatness. The heartbreak of this competition is felt by almost all. Which is exactly why this is the perfect night for all coaches, players and onlookers to be apart of. It's a night to celebrate what makes us special. A night for WXV to show all members of FanFooty that we have the best comp. A night not just to crown who the best players and teams are, but also to look back and remember all of the ups and downs that made this season great.

It seemed every team felt like they could do some serious damage this year. Almost every team had a few scores over 150. Most teams had weeks where they scored 120. Damage was also done by individuals. Seemingly a record amount of 150+ scores recorded. All of these feats will be documented at Awards Night.

The WXV Finals are in full swing and we about to crown a first time winner! Or it could be Dublin for the 2nd time. Either way I hope the finals are enjoyable for those involved and the rest of us will be watching intently.

This years awards night, I hope we can celebrate each others company. Sometimes being a coach here isn't the most pleasant thing but this is a night for us to come together and be a WXV family as we celebrate these awards.

The most prestigious award to be presented is the Jim Stynes Medal. Although there have been a few rumblings amongs the coaches about the integrity of this award, it is still a special achievement for whomever achieves it.

Jim Stynes Medal History:
2012: Gary Ablett
2013: Gary Ablett
2014: Gary Ablett
2015: Todd Goldstein
2016: Patrick Dangerfield

Take Special note:
If a player(s) is tied for the highest scorer in any game, or the 2nd or 3rd highest, the RANDOM function in Microsoft Excel decides who gets the highest amount of votes. For example: Daisy Pearce and Emily Bates both score 137 points each, which was the highest individual score of that game. The RANDOM function in Microsoft Excel awards (at random) Daisy Pearce 3 Votes and Emily Bates 2 Votes.

As the night rolls along Purple 77 will be announcing other esteemed awards such as the All-Worlds Team, Reserves All-Worlds Team, Rising Star Winner, Coaches Award and of course the Coach of the Year.

The night will take place on Thursday the 24th of August, so ensure you have that night set aside and free up your calendar. Start will be around 8pm Eastern but could change.

Quote from: Levi434 on August 01, 2016, 12:04:28 PM
If you’re a university student, stop procrastinating you lazy flowers and finish those assignments so you have an enjoyable night.
That goes for all uni or school students. Also those who have jobs. Ensure to get home before the start. If you need, take a sickie. Them tuxedos need to be prepped.

All players and coaches invited. Levi434 has spared no expense in preparation for this night and booked a delightful venue with exquisite food, wonderful drinks and magnificent live entertainment. Please feel free to bring along a date or partner. If there is no one for you to take, Nick Larkey will surely be looking for someone to take him. You can find him on the side of the highway after he was "kicked" off Rio's team bus.

Levi434

This is gonna be a huge night! Not just in terms of the awards. On that night the team lists for AFL Round 23 will have dropped. All the selections for the teams in the GF will be up for debate! Should be epic!

Not only that but Levi's famous WXV Superlatives will be returning with more, more, more questions!

Of course there will be gifs, images and hidden references for all to find.

How about this? Who remembers how good last years chat was? This year we will have Discord to chat on! It will remain forever! How amazing is that?

Levi has a number of secrets planned but one in particular he thinks will blow some socks off!

Levi is also looking long and hard for a co-host to help run the event. He has looked high and low. Sent numerous emails. Slid into many DMs. Snapped many chats. But is still yet to confirm just who his co-host will be.

Don't forget to vote in the poll for who should be the opening act at for the night.

Purple 77

I don't think I've ever been more excited for a Worlds event that I am for this one.

... shower, I better actually finish off counting who won

Nige

If DJ Relton doesn't perform, we riot.

Hellopplz

Quote from: Nige on August 07, 2017, 09:57:48 PM
If DJ Relton doesn't perform, we riot.
I know you're hurting
Relton is learning
'Bout Noll the hard way
And it ain't working
Seems like forever
That he's been falling
It's time to move on
Shannon is calling

Levi434

Of course the Twitterverse has blown up!

GoLions

Very impressive that you were able to capture tomorrow's tweets there Leviticus :P

Levi434

Quote from: GoLions on August 08, 2017, 12:13:19 AM
Very impressive that you were able to capture tomorrow's tweets there Leviticus :P

Do you not know that I am from the future?? :o :o

Purple 77

Quality bants from Titchell & SC Gods :P

Levi434

#WXVAN17 Comic Book - Issue 1:

RaisyDaisy

;D ;D ;D

9.9/10

.1 deduction for missing Pendles head in slide 11

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 09, 2017, 12:02:14 AM
;D ;D ;D

9.9/10

.1 deduction for missing Pendles head in slide 11

Hot instead of How

Adamant

So Pendles is able to play games of basketball but he can't suit up for WXV finals? ::)

Quality stuff!

Purple 77

Torpedo10

Where on earth is Sam Docherty?  :o