British XV Finals - Week 2 Lodgement and Banter

Started by GoLions, July 31, 2017, 08:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

What a fascinating first week of finals that was! The Dragons and the Hurricanes had an insanely low scoring game, with the Dragons just edging ahead as victors, due to HGA. The Leeches and Bunnies both went huge in their respective wins, and loom as big threats to the rest of the comp. We saw the last of the Owls and Magic, both missing out on getting through to the next stage of finals, but still finishing with good seasons nonetheless! And are the Werewolves heading for a similar fate as previous years gone by...?

Week 2 fixture:

Hurricanes vs Steins: Geez, what is happening to the Hurricanes lately? Since the byes, they have won just the two games (Giants and Rams), and with just the one score over 2200. And now this week they come up against the Steins, who haven't lost a game since the byes, and are yet to drop under 2200 since the byes either. In fact, the Steins have only dropped under 2200 twice this season, in rounds 3 and 5, which goes to show just how consistent they've been all year, and thoroughly deserved their 5th placing at the end of the home and away season. On form, this looks like it can only go one way. There is some obvious improvement in store for the Hurricanes though. Selwood hasn't been performing at his best, and neither has JPK. Those two players alone could easily make up an extra 300 points from last week, and all of a sudden it's game on. JPK is in doubt to play this week though, and if that turns out to be the case, it's hard to see the Hurricanes progressing any further this year. In all honesty, I think the Steins are going to get the job done. Even with star midfielder Connor Blakely going down last week, scoring just the 9 points, they still managed to almost hit 2300. If he didn't get injured, all of a sudden they're looking at scoring 2400 comfortably, and that'll win you more games than not. Steins for me!

Werewolves vs Bunnies: The Werewolves were pretty good last week, even with a few stars missing, and put up the 3rd highest score for the week. Unfortunately for them, the Leeches put up the highest, and now the Werewolves are faced with a knockout final against the Bunnies, who were the 2nd highest scoring team last week! ZZZZZORKOOOOOOOOO will return from suspension to boost the Werewolves midfield stocks, and give them another captain option as well. The Bunnies on the other hand, are just about at full strength, and the only real issue they face each week is which one of their young guns they should play. Matty Crouch has gone up a few levels to become a genuine captain option to support Murphy and Cunnington in the midfield, averaging just shy of 200 this season. The only thing with the Bunnies squad, and I don't know if it's just me, but I'm always expecting one or two of their players to put in a shocker. But, since the first two weeks of the year, it basically never happens. And they've even shown that they can almost crack 3000 when everyone is on, which is just phenomenal. But, the Werewolves do host this one, and my gut is telling me that they'll just get over the Bunnies this weekend.

iZander

Def: Laird (VC), Williams, Salem, May
Mid: Newnes, Jelwood (C), Jones, Goddard
Ruck: Mummy
Fwd: Westhoff, Edwards, Knight, Petrie
Util: Henderson, Wells

Emg: Pittard, Dumont,  Towers, Simpson

May and Jones likely to be back, no idea whats up with matera...Mummy probably unlikely but im hopeful :P
But the big story if JPK possibly out, which would put us probably unlikely to get the win if so :/

nas

Stains Steins:

Def: Luke Ryan - Nick Vlastuin - Callum Mills - Luke McDonald
Mid: Josh Kelly (VC) - Lachie Hunter - Marcus Bontempelli (C) - Brayden Fiorini
Ruck: Brodie Grundy (EVC)
Fwd: Christian Petracca - Elliot Yeo - Shane Kirsten - Lewis Taylor
Util: Max Gawn - Sam Menegola
Emerg: James Harmes (D) - Nick Robertson (C/D) - Jarman Impey (F)

**Subject to Team Line ups.

GoLions

Quote from: iZander on July 31, 2017, 09:37:25 PM
Def: Laird, Williams, Salem, May
Mid: JPK (VC), Jelwood (C), Jones, Goddard
Fwd: Westhoff, Edwards, Matera, Petrie
Util: Newnes, Wells

Emg: Henderson, Pittard, Knight , Simpson

May and Jones likely to be back, no idea whats up with matera...Mummy probably unlikely but im hopeful :P
But the big story if JPK possibly out, which would put us probably unlikely to get the win if so :/
Pittard should be D1 tbqh :P

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on August 01, 2017, 02:50:32 PM
Def: Laird, Williams, Salem, May
Mid: JPK (VC), Jelwood (C), Jones, Goddard
Fwd: Westhoff, Edwards, Matera, Petrie
Util: Newnes, Wells

Emg: Henderson, Pittard, Knight , Simpson

Pittard should be D1 tbqh :P

1 more week to prove hes back...unless i have a few injuries and ill give him a run haha

SydneyRox

BLACKPOOL BUNNIES

DEF: Michael Hurley, Tom Langdon, Jimmy Webster, Zak Jones
MID: Matt Crouch(C), Marc Murphy(VC), Ben Cunnington, Ryan Bastinac
RUC: Paddy Ryder
FWD: Jon Patton, Richard Douglas, Charlie Dixon, Isaac Heeney
UTI: Sam Perevski-Seton(M), Matt Kennedy(F)

EMERG: Declan Mountford(M), Jake Carlisle(D/F), Dane Rampe(D)

Full Strength and good form. No excuses from us if we lose it!

Still think we are a year ahead of our timeline

iZander

Def: Laird (VC), Williams, Salem, May
Mid: Newnes, Jelwood (C), Jones, Goddard
Fwd: Westhoff, Edwards, Knight, Petrie
Util: Henderson, Wells

Emg: Pittard, Dumont,  Towers, Simpson

nas

Quote from: nas on August 01, 2017, 09:13:06 AM
Stains Steins:

Def: Nick Vlastuin - Callum Mills - Luke McDonald - Luke Ryan
Mid: Josh Kelly (VC) - Lachie Hunter - Marcus Bontempelli (C) - Sam Menegola
Ruck: Brodie Grundy (EVC)
Fwd: Christian Petracca - Elliot Yeo - Lewis Taylor - Shane Kersten
Util: Max Gawn - James Harmes
Emerg: A M-Tippa (D) - Nick Robertson (C/D) - Jarman Impey (F)

**Subject to Team Line ups.

B Fiorini out replaced by S Menegola. J Harmes moved to Util. A M-Tippa to Emerg.

Rusty00

Winchester Werewolves

D: Kade Simpson, Michael Hibberd, Nic Newman, Alex Witherden
M: Nathan Fyfe (C), Dayne Zorko (VC), Matt Priddis, Robbie Gray
R: Toby Nankervis
F: Luke Dahlhaus, Jarryd Roughead, Toby McLean, Jack Steele
I: Lachie Whitfield (EVC), James Sicily

E: David Myers (M), Easton Wood (D), Travis Colyer (F), Sam Gibson (R OOP),

Rusty00

Quote from: Rusty00 on August 04, 2017, 09:37:07 AM
Winchester Werewolves

D: Kade Simpson, Michael Hibberd, Nic Newman, Alex Witherden
M: Nathan Fyfe (C), Dayne Zorko (VC), David Myers, Robbie Gray
R: Toby Nankervis
F: Luke Dahlhaus, Jarryd Roughead, Toby McLean, Jack Steele
I: Lachie Whitfield (EVC), James Sicily

E: Sam Gibson (M), Easton Wood (D), Travis Colyer (F), Mitch McGovern (R OOP),
Just realised Spuddis didn't make the cut. Myers on, And emergencies shuffle.

kilbluff1985

think Rocky will replace Crisp next week looking at fixture and McEvoy will play

kilbluff1985

nas

Rusty00

That's better :)

Good season Bunnies. Reckon you'll be even tougher next year!

Torpedo10