jfitty's Team - Hold trades or strengthen bench/DPP?

Started by jfitty, July 10, 2017, 12:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfitty

Hey guys,

I don't think I've ever actually posted up my team on here, but thought I'd see what you guys think I should do this week:

DEF: Laird Roberton Simpson Howe Shaw Lloyd (Ryan Witherden)

MID: Dangerfield Mitchell Kelly Zorko Kennedy Fyfe Treloar Ebert (Mountford Cousins Brown)

RUCK: Martin Grundy (Strnadica)

FWD: Yeo Dahlhaus Franklin Riewoldt Higgins Lynch (Nankervis Eddy)

I've tried to go a little POD this year to make it a bit more fun and interesting, but currently chilling with 5 trades and about 20k in cash.

I'm wondering if I should trade out Cousins to Hibberd to open up a link with Witherden/Lloyd in the backline? I'm a bit unsure about going down to 4 trades, but will give me some awesome DPP action across all lines.

Thanks lads!

Ringo

I would do the trade as it could save you trades later on with DPP especially if a player is only out for a week. Know you are concerned with 4 trades left but with DPP you are well covered.

At this stage I only see 3 players (Strnadica, Eddy and maybe Brown) not playing.

jfitty

Quote from: Ringo on July 10, 2017, 12:50:22 PM
I would do the trade as it could save you trades later on with DPP especially if a player is only out for a week. Know you are concerned with 4 trades left but with DPP you are well covered.

At this stage I only see 3 players (Strnadica, Eddy and maybe Brown) not playing.

Thanks for the feedback Ringo!

Yep I reckon I will pull the trigger. It definitely could save a trade down the track like you said, plus it also gives me plenty of cover if I get a 1-2 week injury.

Peter

I think you need to and then hold intil finals as missing Doc and Macrae but got Zorko. Well done!

jfitty

Quote from: Peter on July 10, 2017, 01:12:03 PM
I think you need to and then hold intil finals as missing Doc and Macrae but got Zorko. Well done!

Thanks Pete! Yep think I'll do it and hold tight until finals, think there's only 3 rounds to go before then anyway!

Been hoping not having Macrae and Docherty will give me an advantage one week, but not looking likely. Cheers!