British XV Round 11 Lodgement and Banter

Started by GoLions, June 21, 2017, 12:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

The byes are finally over! Time to get on with the real stuff again 8)

Fixture:

Remember, home teams are on the left side, as noted below:

Hawks vs Rams: This one looms as a danger game for the Hawks. A win gives them a real good shot at breaking into the top 8, but a loss will make things very very hard indeed. After two consecutive losses, they need to turn their form around, and now is the time to do so. They are still missing Lids and Bennell though, and don't look like regaining either of them any time soon. The Rams on the other hand could see themselves in a bit of trouble this week. Yes, their guns such as Beams, Treloar, and Heppell are firing, as are Houli and Goldy. But after that...there isn't much else. The fact is that their 2nd and 3rd tier players just haven't done enough to support their spine, and with the Hawks hosting this one, I can't see the Rams getting close enough to cause an upset.

Werewolves vs Dragons: Cannot wait for this one. 4th hosting 2nd, what's not to love? This could very well be the game that decides 2nd spot this season, and it should be a doozy. Both teams have been in red hot form lately, it's hard to split them. Dayne ZZZZZZZZORKOOOOOOOOOOOO has been massive for the Werewolves the last month or so, and being given the captaincy this week, coach Rusty will be hoping for another huge score. However, they come up against a midfield that includes Rockliff, Merrett, Duncan, Hall, Ebert, TMitchell...it's not an easy task. The Dragons firepower in the midfield is probably the best in the competition, but it can sometimes be around the ground where they are let down somewhat. It's a hard one to tip...but I'll back in the home side. Werewolves in a close one!

Steins vs Breakers: After a promising start to the year, the Steins have fallen away a bit, but have still been showing signs of being a potential threat at the end of the year. They will be hoping to get back Gawn and Hogan either this week or very soon, and that will be a huge boost to their lineup. The Breakers are probably looking at their last chance at finals. A loss this week puts them 2 games out of the 8, along with percentage, and will have only 4 games to make up for it. Steins for me.

Hurricanes vs Leeches: Another top of the table clash for this round! 1st takes on 3rd, and this one should be just as good as the Werewolves/Dragons match, if not better. The Hurricanes still remain undefeated, one game clear of the Dragons, and you'd have to say that a win this week will all but guarantee them a home final. The Leeches have put out some massive scores this week, and on their day can take down anyone. What has really impressed though is their consistency as well, which we haven't seen in previous years. However, it's just too hard for me to tip against the Hurricanes at home, but I'm sure many will be cheering on the Leeches!

Owls vs Knights: The Owls have been fairly disappointing this year after becoming premiers last year, but they still haven't been too bad, which I guess is a sign of how good they can really be. Injuries and form have taken their toll though, with Christensen out for the year, Spitter not able to crack into the side on a consistent basis, JOM out for what seems like the rest of the year, Jong doing his ACL, and Robbo out for the year. The fact of the matter is that their depth has not been able to step up to properly fill in these vacancies, and it's hurting them. The Knights have shown glimpses here and there, especially over the last 4-6 weeks, and now sit out of the 8 by percentage. A win this week would be huge for them, and would keep them in touch with the others, but a loss would make it very difficult from here. With the form Gibbs and Docherty are in though, I'll have to go with the Owls.

Giants vs Bunnies: The Giants have moved up to 3 wins now, and sit just the 1 game out of the 8! And this game is another very winnable one, up against the Bunnies who sit in 7th place so far this season. However, they have a horror draw to end their year, coming up against all of the current top 4 teams in their last 4 games! So a win this week would be awesome for the Giants. The Bunnies have all winnable games to finish the year and could easily make a late push for the top 4 if things fall their way, and with the scoring power that they've shown earlier this season...it isn't out of the question. A loss this week though will see an army of teams catching up to them on 5 wins, and with the Giants hosting this one...I think that is exactly what will happen. Giants in an absolute nailbiter!

Hedgies vs Badgers: The Hedgies are yet another team that sits out of the 8 on just percentage, and up against the 15th placed Badgers, they'll be looking to lock in a win this week and stay in the hunt for finals. Dusty and Neale have been huge for them all year, Montagna has help up the backline, and the Greene and Watts combo has been working a treat up forward. They have also had a lot of depth players step up at times throughout the year, such as ANB and Mullett. The Badgers on the other hand are sitting on just the 2 wins, which came in rounds 2 and 3 respectively, and included a close loss to a rampaging Dragons outfit in round 1. Since then though, it has just all gone downhill. The forwards, backs, and ruck have all held their own, but it's the midfield that has let them down. Shuey and Cotchin can only do so much. Prestia has been well down on form, Libba has been in and out of the side, Redden the same, Rischitelli yet to return from injury, Mathieson has only just returned, and Barlow has now just broken his leg. Whilst their last 5 games are all winnable, it's hard to see them getting any wins unless the rest of the midfield steps up, and does so from this week. Hedgies should be too strong at home though.

Hoods vs Magic: This has not been a season to remember for the Hoods, but there have been some silver linings, as they have been able to play their youth, with Taranto in particular being quite impressive for them. They have only the one win for the season, and sit last on the ladder. The Magic on the other hand see themselves in 5th position (this is what I was talking about last year before they disappointed me completely). Sloane has had a massive year, and the rest of the midfield has done their part as well. Daniher and Cameron have taken that next step to join Buddy as top forwards of the BXVs competition, and the return of Paparone has added a bit of extra stability to the final spot in their defence. A win this week would make it almost impossible for them to drop out of the 8, so surely they don't let this one slip...right?

Nige

Liverpool Rams

Bachar Houli, Oscar McDonald, Michael Hartley, Scott D Thompson
Dayne Beams (c), Adam Treloar (vc), Dyson Heppell (vc), Zac Fisher
Todd Goldstein
Eddie Betts, Tim Membrey, Tom Hawkins, Sam Reid
Levi Casboult, Jack Lonie

Alex Fasolo, Hayden Crozier, Ben Brown, James Stewart

Rusty00

(Potential) Milestones Games for Round 11

Marcus Bontempelli (Staines) 50 games

Purple 77

I said this to iZander last year, that he needs to lose at least ONE game before entering finals, else the Hurricanes are doomed to fail.

Hurricanes to lose, and for the premiership to remain "a sure thing"

GoLions

Bradford Badgers

DEF: Jarrod Harbrow, Tom Cutler, Shannon Hurn, Matthew Boyd
MID: Luke Shuey (C), Trent Cotchin (VC), Dion Prestia, Rhys Mathieson
RUCK: Jarrod Witts
FWD: Shaun Higgins, Tom J Lynch, Sir Daniel of Caleb, Tom Papley
UTIL: Tom Liberatore (EVC), Jack Darling

EMG: Michael Rischitelli, Jack Redden, Kamdyn McIntosh, Mark LeCras

Barlow injured. Boyd probably won't get a recall. Jelliott probably not back yet. Riska and Reddo probably won't get up either. Nice.

Rusty00

Winchester Werewolves

D: Kade Simpson, Luke Hodge, Michael Hibberd, Nic Newman
M: Nathan Fyfe (EVC), Patrick Cripps (VC), Matt Priddis, Robbie Gray
R: Toby Nankervis
F: Luke Dahlhaus, Jarryd Roughead, Toby McLean, Mitch Honeychurch
I: Dayne Zorko (C), Lachie Whitfield

E:  Sam Gibson (M), Nathan Wilson (D), Matthew Leuenberger (R), Travis Colyer (F)

GoLions

Quote from: Rusty00 on June 21, 2017, 02:43:59 PM
Winchester Werewolves

D: Kade Simpson, Luke Hodge, Michael Hibberd, Nic Newman
M: Nathan Fyfe (EVC), Patrick Cripps (VC), Matt Priddis, Robbie Gray
R: Toby Nankervis
F: Luke Dahlhaus, Jarryd Roughead, Toby McLean, Mitch Honeychurch
I: Dayne Zorko (C), Lachie Whitfield

E:  Sam Gibson (M), Nathan Wilson (D), Matthew Leuenberger (R), Travis Colyer (F)

Ringo

Note: We have a partial lock out this week

These additional rules will thus apply:
Hawthorn and Adelaide Players will be locked at bounce of game
Captain, VC and EVC locked at bounce of Hawthorn/Adelaide game
Alll remaining players will be locked at bounce of Sydney and Essendon game Friday.
Teams to be lodged in this thread to record changes.
No loopholing allowed

nas

Staines Steins.

Def: Brayden Maynard - Caleb Marchbank - Callum Mills - Luke McDonald.

Mid: Josh Kelly (VC) - Lachlan Hunter - Marcus Bontempelli (C) - Connor Blakely.

Ruck: Brodie Grundy.

Fwd: Christian Petracca - Elliot Yeo (EVC) (F/M) - Lewis Taylor - Jarman Impey.

Util: Max Gawn (R) - Sam Menegola.

Emerg: A M-Tippa (D) - N Robertson (C/B) - Jake Spencer (R) - Callum Brown (F/M).

**Subject to Team line ups.**

**Marcus Bontempelli to Captain in his 50th game for the Staines.

Vinny

Oxford Owls:

D: S.Docherty, J.Johannisen, Z.Tuohy, K.Kolodjashnij.
M: S.Pendlebury, B.Gibbs, O.Wines, C.Guthrie.
R: A.Sandilands.
F: J.Gunston, J.Riewoldt, R.Lester, J.Garlett.
U: S.Mayes, T.O'Brein.

E: S.Lloyd (F) T.Jonas (D) J.Griffin (R)
C: S.Pendlebury
VC: S.Docherty

Jong ACL, Robinson LTI, Swallow dropped, O'Meara dead and Christensen dead.

5 of our 15 out, the reigning premiers are in strife. :'(

Koop

Hebden Bridge Hedgehogs

D: Leigh Montagna // Daniel Rich // Jarryn Geary // Aaron Mullett

M: Dustin Martin (C) // Lachie Neale (VC) // Luke Parker // David Zaharakis

R: Rhys Stanley

F: Toby Greene // Alex Neal-Bullen // Jack Watts // Matthew Wright

U: Callum Sinclair // Timothy Broomhead

E: Alex Sexton (MID) // Josh Bruce (FWD) // Levi Greenwood (MID/FWD) // Sam Collins (DEF)

iZander

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 21, 2017, 01:58:17 PM
I said this to iZander last year, that he needs to lose at least ONE game before entering finals, else the Hurricanes are doomed to fail.

Wont be a problem mate, playing 2,3 and 4 on the ladder in the next 3 rounds and all without our spiritual leader in Nathan Jones AND a firing Pedobear...

Purple 77

Quote from: iZander on June 21, 2017, 06:42:34 PM

Wont be a problem mate, playing 2,3 and 4 on the ladder in the next 3 rounds and all without our spiritual leader in Nathan Jones AND a firing Pedobear...

Ah, but Joel Smith will be returning soon  ;)

GoLions

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 21, 2017, 08:40:55 PM

Joel who?

Purple 77

Quote from: GoLions on June 21, 2017, 08:50:17 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on June 21, 2017, 08:40:55 PM

Joel who?

Understand you forgot about him, seeing how much you valued him  ::)