ARCHIVE 2018

Started by LordSneeze, June 06, 2017, 01:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordSneeze

Knockout Draw will be starting in Round 12 and seeds drawn based on Leaderboard at the beginning of round 11.

Last year Tiger of old proved it is possible to win from an unseeded position, The benefit of being a top 10 seed is that you avoid the matchup during the BYE rounds, a huge advantage.

Hope you all are looking forward to the comp starting later this year.

LordSneeze

Team Competition will be run starting round 16 with a live draw closer to the start time.

Team names will once again be themed if anyone has any suggestions feel free to post them.
My current thought is Nautical.

LordSneeze

As per previous years write-ups will be out on a Friday, barring exceptional circumstances.

LordSneeze

Supercoach is back baby, with a long offseason of pondering, research, tinkering and questioning the round 1 teams are now locked in. Hopefully you weren’t hit by the dreaded last minute poor decision syndrome that many of us continually come down with. Whether Round 1 was good or bad for you SC is a marathon not a sprint, trades are key, and while you have the ability to fix issues this is one key that needs to be remembered.

The league rankings started strongly with great early positions for all, opportunities will come for all to move up higher in the weeks going forward.
FF PR Div 1 â€" 112
FF PR Div 2 â€" 263
FF PR Div 3 â€" 414

With this week being Easter and no league matches the writeup will be short, full writeups will return next week with matchup previews, enjoy your time off (If you get any) with family and friends and don’t get into trouble for being on constant SC watch.

The Leaderboards
Round 1 saw the Rising Star Ellis InWonderland stake an early claim as a team to beat both in Div 2 and the overall competitions. His score of 2478 was outstanding and has him sitting high in the Overall SC universe rankings. Taking home the 25 points in the FF medal was the perfect way for him to start the new season. Starting the season on the second rung of the podium was Peptides FC with a very impressive 2458, keeping the pressure on Ellis inWonderland going into round 2. Rounding out the podium was HughGOATwood whose 2444 was a very strong start to the year and a very good platform to push further.

LS Out

crowls

Thanks LS  looking forward to reading the weekly rundown.  You do a great job.

SilverLion

Quote from: crowls on March 31, 2018, 07:58:05 AM
Thanks LS  looking forward to reading the weekly rundown.  You do a great job.
Agreed.

Also, my first ever FF Medal points 8)

Ringo

Great work here LS with this competition.

LordSneeze

2 rounds down and now the real test of Supercoach begin. The league matches. It is now the time to make those trades, strengthen the side and not make mistakes as everyone is going to be going hammer and tongs to get those crucial 4 points. Who knows a loss in R1 might just be what misses you out on promotion or a end of year award. Good luck.

Both Div 1 and Div 3 held fairly steady in the League Rankings. Div 1 dropping 13 spots to 125, while Div 3 gained 1 spot moving up to 413. It was a different story for Div 2 who plummeted 90 spots to 353.

FF PR Div 1 â€" 125
FF PR Div 2 â€" 353
FF PR Div 3 â€" 413

The Leagues

Division 1
Match of the Round â€" Amon the Rockliff vs Tiger of Old
The newly promoted  Amon the Rockliff takes on perennial Div 1 player and reigning Knockout Comp winner Tiger of Old in a highly competitive R1 Matchup

Division 2
Match of the Round â€" Frogjumper vs Ellis inWonderland
Ellis inWonderland has taken the bull by the horns over the 2 weeks leading to the start of head to head matches, but can he do it in the real time against a always competitive and highly POD based Frogjumper.

Division 3
Match of the Round â€" Such is Fyfe vs Dos’ Destroyers
The newbie in Such in Fyfe comes up against the strong returning Div 1 competitor in Dos’ Destroyers who will be out to show that he is worthy of getting back to that top level as quickly as possible.

The Leaderboards
Déjà vu, groundhog day, cheating? Whatever you call it Ellis InWonderland has somehow managed to crack the secret, taking home the highest points scorer for the second consecutive week and first time in FF PR history someone has done that to start the season. His score of 2455 didn’t hit the heights of last weeks 2478, but it was still more than enough. Sitting on 50 points and a 31 point gap on Peptides  FC has everyone playing catchup from the get go. Question is can he keep it up. Coming in second for the week was Team Pendles with 2395 only just pipping Ka-Boom and Mcbasketball who tied for third and the final spot on the podium only 4 points back. Going to show how tight the comp is there was less than 100 points separating 2nd and 26th spot.

LS Out

Gigantor

Hey mate I think you missed the FF Medal count for last week, Overall points is showing twice

LordSneeze

Quote from: Gigantor on April 06, 2018, 07:12:48 PM
Hey mate I think you missed the FF Medal count for last week, Overall points is showing twice
Clearly didnt proof check. Ill update.

SilverLion

Where's all the banter at?

I'll start, it's funny that the team smashing the FF Medal is named after a bloke playing shower :P

shaker

Quote from: SilverLion on April 12, 2018, 03:59:38 PM

I'll start, it's funny that the team smashing the FF Medal is named after a bloke playing shower :P
Sam Murray is playing well obviously you don't have him  ;D

SilverLion

Quote from: shaker on April 13, 2018, 01:17:48 PM
Quote from: SilverLion on April 12, 2018, 03:59:38 PM

Sam Murray is playing well obviously you don't have him  ;D
Sneaky...

Got him at D7, if Fritsch is dropped he'll get a go this week via some DPPs though :P

LordSneeze

Ill be posting up the Leaderboards and results soon. Only just getting on to look at it  >:(

Might have time late tonight and tomorrow to do the writeup and catchup on challenges etc.

LordSneeze

Writeups to come if I get time over the weekend. Everything has gone crazy over the last few weeks. If you see any issues with the fixtures let me know as SC changed the pattern on the fixture page this year, so had to rebuild the formula.

League Ranks

The Leagues

Division 1

Results Writeup
Match of the Round â€" Amon the Rockliff vs Tiger of Old

Match of the Round â€" TBD
Matchup Writeup

Division 2

Results Writeup
Match of the Round â€" Frogjumper vs Ellis inWonderland

Match of the Round â€" TBD
Matchup Writeup