British XV Round 9 Lodgement and Banter

Started by GoLions, May 15, 2017, 06:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

So, Round 9, and obviously we have our Suns and Port players not playing this week! If you plan on playing anyone from either of these teams, this is what we'll be doing:
- Name your team as you would (for example, I shall have Witts in the ruck)
- In round 11, the score that your player gets (e.g. Witts) will be added to your team's score for this round
- This means that we won't know the final results for this week's matches for another few weeks

Quote from: Ringo on February 16, 2017, 03:37:27 PM
One other alternative is to call Rd 9 a bye round and we play through to Rd 19 with finals Rd 20 - 23 but with the risk of restings in Rd 23.
Following normal bye processes Suns and Power would also have had the Rd 12 bye so with GL suggestion we can take Suns and Powers scores from Rd 12. To comply though they would have to be nominated in your Rd 9 team lodged in the thread.
Either option is workable so long as UF allows the adjustment from 3 weeks prior something we have not tested yet to see what happens.
So could be from R12, but regardless, it'll be from a bye round :P

If you don't name a Suns or Port player in your team this week, you cannot try to add them in next week or the week after, even if it is someone like Ablett, Wines, etc!

Fixture:

Breakers vs Rams: The Breakers have lifted over the last few weeks, and now sit 12th on the ladder after looking destined for the bottom 4 only a month ago. Their draw really opens up over the rest of the season, and they'll be looking to add a few wins from here on in, starting with the Rams this week. The Rams...why is it always Nige's team that ends up with an OOP mid? Or, looking at last week, TWO OOP mids. However, they'll be hoping to regain star midfielder Dayne Beams this week, along with mediocre midfielder Adam Treloar. This should see them post a somewhat respectable score, but it won't be enough to knock off the Breakers at their home ground.

Leeches vs Werewolves: The Leeches have been in some insane form, and don't look like slowing down any time soon. Their draw gets a whole lot tougher from now though, and they'll be coming up against a hungry Werewolves outfit this week. With both teams sitting in the top 4, on the same amount of wins and losses...something has to give. The Werewolves have been just about as good as the Leeches, and yet you still get the feeling that they haven't been at their best yet. However, I think I have to back the home team in this one. Leeches on HGA.

Hawks vs Owls: This should be a reaaaaaaaally good game, and is going to be massive in the context of this season. 8th vs 9th, same W/L record, winner will be in the 8 at the end of the round, a game clear of the rest, loser drops out and will need to play catchup. Hawks have arguably been the form team of the two, particularly over the last 3-4 weeks. They'll be hosting the match at their home ground as well...can the Owls get back to their premiership form and get the 4 points? Hmmm, I think not. Hawks to get back into the 8.

Dragons vs Bunnies: The Bunnies fell back towards Earth somewhat last week, after posting the highest score of the season the week before, and weren't able to get the job done against the Werewolves. The Dragons have been right up there just about every week, and that consistency and scoring power sees them sitting 3rd on the ladder, with a real chance to grab a top 2 spot if results go their way this week. At home, it's hard to see them going down to the Bunnies, but when a team is capable of posting 2900+ without HGA, anything is possible!

Hedgies vs Steins: Just when it looked like they had turned a corner, the Hedgies have dropped off again in the last 2 weeks, and with only 2 wins for the season so far and sitting 14th on the ladder, this is probably their last chance to keep them in contention for finals. Unfortunately they lose McVeigh again, which won't help their chances. The Steins have been fairly consistent most of the season, and are still managing to hold their spot in the 8, and a win this week would be huge for them to solidify their spot. Hedgies will really need their midfield to fire, and hope the rest of their team can hold their own a bit. Don't think it will be enough though, with the Steins to get a comfortable win away from home.

Hurricanes vs Hoods: Yeah, I'm gonna be honest, this could get very ugly. After just getting Coniglio back into their midfield, the Hoods lose him again for basically the rest of the H&A season. Add that to their ruck issues, other injuries and players underperfoming just in general, it's hard to see the Hoods putting up much of a fight against the Hurricanes. As Mr Purple 77 would say, a win for the Hurricanes this week is a "sure thing".

Knights vs Magic: After a horror start, the Knights have now won their last 2 games, and all of a sudden see themselves just a game out of the 8. I'll be honest, I did not see this coming. With a home game against the Magic this week, there's every chance that they make it 3 in a row. The Magic on the other hand have now lost their last 2 matches, after enjoying a 5 game winning streak. In fact, the form of these 2 teams has basically been the exact opposite every single week. This is a really important match for both teams, as the Magic won't want to drop out of the 8, but the Knights will want to stay in touch. Dare I say it is a battle between Dangerfield and Sloane? Both been slightly down on form lately, both due for a big score...I might go with the Knights, just.

Badgers vs Giants: Before the season started, I kinda had a feeling that the Badgers might fall a bit, not so much because the scoring wasn't there, but other teams on the rise were looking really really good. But damn, this has been ridiculous. Boyd has been averaging under 120. Prestia has been rubbish and injured. Libba rubbish. Cutler injured. Lecca fairly rubbish. Redden started ok but fallen away the last 3 weeks. Some depth players have stoop up a bit, but probably not enough. Matho still hasn't gotten a game for the Lions, will need him this week. I cry errytiem. Meanwhile, the Giants have been pretty good, and currently sit 2 spots above the Badgers on the ladder, in 11th place. They almost made it 3 wins on the trot last week, but went down to the Knights in a heartbreaking 7 point loss. Taylor Adams has been amazing for them, and has been ably supported by some of their younger guys, such as McGrath, Powell-Pepper, Parish, and Keays to name a few. However, I think the same thing could happen to them as last week, with the Badgers to get up on HGA, giving them one last chance to make a late dash for the 8 towards the back half of the season.

iZander

Hurricanes

Def: Laird, Pittard, Zac Williams, May
Mid: JPK (C), Jelwood (VC), Nathan Jones, Brendon Goddard (EVC)
Ruck: Mummy
Fwd: Westhoff, Pedobear, Shane Edwards, Towers
Int: Newnes, Wells

Emg: Salem, Ricky Henderson, Matera, Trengove

nas

Staines Steins.

Def:  Caleb Marchbank - L McDonald - AM-Tippa - Sam Frost.

Mid: Josh Kelly (C) - Lachlan Hunter - Marcus Bontempelli (EVC) - Conor Blakely.

Ruck: Brodie Grundy .

Fwd: Christian Petracca - Elliot Yeo  (VC) (F/M) - Jarman Impey - Shane Kersten - Jessie Hogan

Util: B Fiorini (M) - Sam Menegola

Emerg: Callum Mills (D) - Fraser McInnes (F/B) - Lewis Taylor (F) - Brayden Maynard (OOP R).

**Subject to Team line ups.**

Out: Jesse Hogan.  :'(

Josh Kelly to Captain in his 50th game for the Staines.

Rusty00

(Potential) Milestones Games for Round 9

Tom Mitchell (Birmingham) 50 games
Josh Kelly (Staines) 50 games

kilbluff1985

Birmingham

D: Matthew Suckling, Robbie Tarrant, Robert Murphy, Darcy Byrne-Jones
M: Tom Mitchell (VC), Jack Crisp, Mitch Duncan, Zach Merrett (C)
R: Ben McEvoy
F: Josh Caddy, Steven Motlop, Orazio Fantasia, Will Hoskin-Elliott
I/C: Brad Ebert, Aaron Hall

E: William Langford (M), Shaun Atley (D),  Luke Breust(F), Tom Bellchambers (R)

GoLions

Been super busy this week, writeups will be done either tonight or tomorrow morning

GoLions

Quote from: Rusty00 on May 15, 2017, 06:48:32 PM
(Potential) Milestones Games for Round 9

Tom Mitchell (Birmingham) 50 games
Josh Kelly (Staines) 50 games
Tmitch could have played about 200 by now if Horse didn't drop him so many times :p

GoLions

Quote from: GoLions on May 18, 2017, 12:38:55 PM
Been super busy this week, writeups will be done either tonight or tomorrow morning
Nvm, some stuff got cancelled so writeups are done now :P

GoLions

Bradford Badgers

DEF: Jarrod Harbrow, Shannon Hurn, Tom Cutler, Matthew Boyd
MID: Luke Shuey (C), Trent Cotchin, Dion Prestia, Michael Barlow
RUCK: Jarrod Witts
FWD: Sir Daniel of Caleb, Shaun Higgins (VC), Tom J Lynch, Taylor Garner
UTIL: Rhys Mathieson (EVC), Jack Redden

EMG: Tom Liberatore, Tom Papley, Kamdyn McIntosh, Daniel Currie

Libba can have a rest after his last month of shower scoring. Hopefully Matho and Prestia actually play :P

Garner gets a run ahead of Lecca, Papley also in consideration for a possible utility spot. Boyd also a chance of a rest but doing enough to keep his spot ahead of Kmac, who will come in if Cutler doesn't get up for this week.

Purple 77

Quote from: GoLions on May 15, 2017, 06:17:35 PM
As Mr Purple 77 would say, a win for the Hurricanes this week is a "sure thing".

This is how I know I'm making an impact on other parts of the forum  :P

Nige

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 18, 2017, 06:18:37 PM
As Mr Purple 77 would say, a win for the Hurricanes this week is a "sure thing".

Yeah, but you can spell the capital of South Australia correctly?  :P

Nige

Liverpool Rams

Bachar Houli, Marcus Adams, Josh Gibson, Hayden Crozier
Adam Treloar (c), Dayne Beams (vc), Dyson Heppell, Zac Fisher
Todd Goldstein (evc)
Eddie Betts, Tom Hawkins, Tim Membrey, James Stewart
Sam Reid, Oscar McDonald

Alex Fasolo, Scott Thompson, Ben Brown, Levi Casboult

Purple 77

Quote from: Nige on May 18, 2017, 06:28:06 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on May 18, 2017, 06:18:37 PM

Yeah, but you can spell the capital of South Australia correctly?  :P

Mate, you're going to flowering wear it soon :P

Purple 77

Quote from: Nige on May 18, 2017, 08:10:49 PM
Liverpool Rams

Todd Goldstein
Sam Reid, Oscar McDonald

Oh you, naming an EVC in Worlds but not here. You know just how to press my buttons.

Nige

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 18, 2017, 08:33:06 PM
Quote from: Nige on May 18, 2017, 08:10:49 PM
Liverpool Rams

Todd Goldstein
Sam Reid, Oscar McDonald

Oh you, naming an EVC in Worlds but not here. You know just how to press my buttons.
Thanks for reminding me!  :-*