British XV Round 8 Lodgement and Banter

Started by GoLions, May 08, 2017, 03:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Wow, what a round we had last week!!! A couple of upsets and really close games that could have gone either way, has definitely thrown a spanner into the works. Probably a few teams this week with must-win games if they want to make finals.

Fixture:

Leeches vs Rams: Leeches have been awesome all year. Had a close win against the Breakers last week, with what seemed a relatively low score of just under 2400, which goes to show the kind of form that they have been in. The Rams have really been struggling, and could face their 2nd week in a row with an OOP mid, due to all of Beams, Conca, and Fisher going down simultaneously. Even if they can field 4 midfielders though, it will be an uphill battle, and one that I can't see them winning. Leeches comfortably.

Owls vs Breakers: The Owls have now lost 4 of their last 5, and only sit in 8th by percentage. They also seem to have lost hard nut midfielder Mitch Robinson for a lengthy period of time, which will definitely hurt their chances of pushing back up higher into the 8. The Breakers were very impressive last week, and were unlucky to fall short to the Leeches. Even the last few weeks they have been putting up competitive scores, and now are one of 6 teams that sit in the bottom half of the ladder with 2 wins to their name. A win this week against the Owls could see them pushing for the 8 as soon as this week, if results go their way. I think I'll have to go with the Owls here, but an upset would definitely not surprise me one bit.

Werewolves vs Bunnies: The Werewolves got over the line in a low scoring affair against the Owls in their rivalry matchup, keeping them inside of the top 4 for now. There are worries over their gun midfielder Robbie Gray however, and will be sweating on his fitness both this week, and in the next few games to come. The Bunnies, ummm, how do I say this. 2912. No HGA. Lowest score of 118. Just, what. Ridiculous. They are in some serious form at the moment, having now won their 5th game on the trot after a terrible start to the season. You know what? I'm going to back them to get the job done again in a close one.

Hawks vs Hedgies: You have gotta feel sorry for the Hawks this year. Been scoring well enough, but teams seem to have their huge games against them. The 2912 by the Bunnies last week was no exception! The Hedgies have been a bit up and down, and their W/L record shows that, although a bit more down than up unfortunately. They were poor against the Dragons last week after a strong win against the Owls the week before. Can they bounce back yet again? A tough one, but I think not, with the Hawks to be just a bit too strong at home.

Hoods vs Dragons: This is definitely going to be a season to forget for the Hoods. they have only broken the 2000 mark on 2 occasions this season, and now come up against the Dragons this week who have been in some really good form. The Hoods did welcome back Conigs on the weekend, and he was quite impressive in his first game back, and Hanners has been in some solid form over the past month or so after a slow start. So their talent at the top isn't too bad, but it's that next level of players that really let them down. The Dragons won a very important rivalry match against the Hedgies last week, and should go on to get another win this week, and hope that a percentage boost can push them into the top 2 on the ladder.

Magic vs Steins: This could be one of the closest matches of the round. The Magic just a fell short in a devastating loss to the Hurricanes on the weekend, with Sloaney, of all weeks, choosing that game to have a quiet one. The Steines started the season really well, then dropped off a bit, but seem to have refound some of that early form over the last 2 weeks or so. Definitely going to be a hard one to pick...I think HGA might just get the Magic over the line though.

Badgers vs Hurricanes: Sigh. Of COURSE the Knights dish up their best score of the millennium against the Badgers. Ugh. Well, Badgers season is almost over, and this is possibly their last chance to stay within touch of the top 8. And, of course, it's against the Hurricanes. However, the Hurricanes form of late hasn't been too flash either, and they lose Stringer this week. Coupling that with JPK, Jelwood, and a few others out of form...they are vulnerable. And yet, still remain undefeated. Badgers should welcome back Dion Prestia into their midfield, and possibly their most reliable defender of late in Tommy Cutler as well, who missed last week with a hamstring injury. This game will likely be won in the midfield battle, and I'll back my guys to screw it up. Hurricanes in a nailbiter.

Giants vs Knights: The Giants have now made it 2 from 2 over the last 2 weeks! Granted, last weeks win was against the easy-beats of the competition in the Rams (git rekt Nige), but still, their improvement over the season is finally getting them some win, which is awesome. And the Knights, well, everything just seemed to come together for them last week. Coming in as underdogs against the Badgers, their team finally delivered. Waite, Danger, Ross, Steven, Wood, Hill, Hooker all went bang. They'll lose Waite this week though, and it will be hard for them to back up that kind of performance across the board. Dangerfield also doesn't look quite right. The Giants still have some improvement left in them from last week, with a couple of down scores. At home for the Giants, it should be a really close game...and I'm still salty enough to tip them to get their 3rd in a row.

nas

Staines Steins.

Def:  Caleb Marchbank - Jayden Short - L McDonald - Sam Frost.

Mid: Josh Kelly (EVC) - Lachlan Hunter - Marcus Bontempelli (C) - Conor Blakely.

Ruck: Brodie Grundy .

Fwd: Christian Petracca - Elliot Yeo  (VC) (F/M) - Jessie Hogan - Lewis Taylor.

Util: Sam Menegola (M) - Shane Kersten (F).

Emerg: B Fiorini (M) - C Mills (D) - Jarmen Impey (F) - Adam Tomlinson (OOP R).

**Subject to Team line ups.**

Rusty00

C'mon Badgers, you need to knock Hasting's off the top spot on the ladder to stop Purps lurking around here!

GoLions

Quote from: Rusty00 on May 08, 2017, 04:12:53 PM
C'mon Badgers, you need to knock Hasting's off the top spot on the ladder to stop Purps lurking around here!
Don't worry. Would have beaten them comfortably on the weekend. Get Prestia back this week to replace Scheer, which should add another 100 points. Cutler hopefully to come back as well. All signs pointing to a 150 point loss :)

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on May 08, 2017, 04:21:42 PM
Don't worry. Would have beaten them comfortably on the weekend. Get Prestia back this week to replace Scheer, which should add another 100 points. Cutler hopefully to come back as well. All signs pointing to a 150 point loss :)

I reckon you could get closer than that ;)

GoLions

Quote from: iZander on May 08, 2017, 04:30:56 PM

I honestly doubt it tbh. Guaranteed that at least 3 players will spud up for me.

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on May 08, 2017, 04:32:48 PM

I honestly doubt it tbh. Guaranteed that at least 3 players will spud up for me.

hahaha well if i play Cyril its a guarantee ill have atleast one big spud making HGA useless but i think Edwards will be back this week so might not play him!

If the Hurricanes perform like they have the last 2 weeks you will probably win tbh, surly JPK and Jelwood cant score like that again though, one of them has to fire? right? haha

GoLions

Quote from: iZander on May 08, 2017, 04:39:26 PM

hahaha well if i play Cyril its a guarantee ill have atleast one big spud making HGA useless but i think Edwards will be back this week so might not play him!

If the Hurricanes perform like they have the last 2 weeks you will probably win tbh, surly JPK and Jelwood cant score like that again though, one of them has to fire? right? haha
I have hga :-X

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on May 08, 2017, 04:41:14 PM
Quote from: iZander on May 08, 2017, 04:39:26 PM

I have hga :-X

Oh damn, i thought i did :(

kilbluff1985

Birmingham

D: Matthew Suckling, Robbie Tarrant, Lachlan Hansen, Darcy Byrne-Jones
M: Tom Mitchell (VC), Tom Rockliff (C), Mitch Duncan, Zach Merrett
R: Ben McEvoy
F: Josh Caddy, Steven Motlop, Josh Jenkins, Luke Breust
I/C: Brad Ebert, Aaron Hall

E: Jack Crisp (M), Shaun Atley (D),  Orazio Fantasia(F), William Langford (R OOP)

GoLions

GoLions

shower, Prestia may miss one more week...

Rusty00

Quote from: GoLions on May 09, 2017, 02:28:25 PM
Any milestone games this week Rusty?
(Potential) Milestones Games for Round 8

Taylor Walker (Leeds) 50 games
Tom McDonald (Manchester) 50 games
Brodie Grundy (Staines) 50 games
Luke Dunstan (Wrexham) 50 games

GoLions

Quote from: Rusty00 on May 09, 2017, 03:41:39 PM
Quote from: GoLions on May 09, 2017, 02:28:25 PM
Any milestone games this week Rusty?
(Potential) Milestones Games for Round 8

Taylor Walker (Leeds) 50 games
Tom McDonald (Manchester) 50 games
Brodie Grundy (Staines) 50 games
Luke Dunstan (Wrexham) 50 games
Tmac was a Badger for like 2 weeks :o

And Dunstan would have been if i didn't want Matho aha

Ringo

Breakers with Stevens suspended offsets Owls with Robbo out.