What to do with rookies who aren't getting games?

Started by bkimm32, April 28, 2017, 08:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkimm32

At the moment I have Eddy and Barrett (did have Taranto as well but thank god he was named this round) not getting games. Is it worth persisting with these guys in the the hopes they will eventually play, or bite the bullet and trade them for someone like Balic or Fisher?

tkringle

Quote from: bkimm32 on April 28, 2017, 08:08:01 AM
At the moment I have Eddy and Barrett (did have Taranto as well but thank god he was named this round) not getting games. Is it worth persisting with these guys in the the hopes they will eventually play, or bite the bullet and trade them for someone like Balic or Fisher?

If you have other rookies that are nearing their BE then trade them for Balic and Fisher first I reckon

enzedder

Quote from: tkringle on April 28, 2017, 08:59:59 AM
Quote from: bkimm32 on April 28, 2017, 08:08:01 AM

If you have other rookies that are nearing their BE then trade them for Balic and Fisher first I reckon
This....and if you have other rookies that are still providing emergency cover then you have less need to trade as well.
I have Eddy and Barrett as well. WHE and Swallow were nearer their BEs as tk mentioned and are leaving my team this weekend. Parfitt will be emergency cover in fwds so Eddy can sit and wait. Fisher is my E in mids this week and I get a small window to see how he is scoring and can use Barrett to loophole his score if I want and Balic will come off and go to the bench. Maybe Barrett can be of some use to me this weekend without playing.

crowls

Or just take them out the back and dispose of them   :) :)

LordSneeze

I feel that Eddy is past his due date for keeping now. Plus the early Bye I wouldn't mind having the extra Fwd so I chave the option to move Nank to Ruck, keep Witts and not cop a donut or no cover.

Barrett is Emergency so could come back in at any point. Happy to hold him.

Hibberd im not sure about yet, but his D/M DPP is very useful.

tor01doc

Depends on who else you have

I HAD SPS and Roughy to deal with this week - so Rocky and Balic come in

Eddy (BE - 35) and Barrett (BE -24) can wait as they will still make money and occasionally can help with loopholing

Pickett (BE 19) has luckily been omitted so can wait until next week at this stage

Ringo

I have done Pickett to Balic this week as do not think he will make much more cash and allows me to do Roughy to Macrae.

Still have Eddy and Barrett as well and they are useful for loopholes at the moment. Other rookies and mid pricers WHE and Marchbank nearing ceiling so they will be on chopping block as well before Eddy and Barrett. Barrett may be recalled in the near future.

jfitty

Just like a few others I'm holding Eddy and Barrett for now. Both are playing well in the seconds and will hopefully be given a chance soon.

Hibberd I think has less change so would be trading him if you can (unless you really want to use him for loophole).

Pickett probably won't be back for a while either, I'd be trading him over the above guys