No love for Neale?

Started by JMAN23, March 20, 2017, 08:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMAN23

Throwing the question up on why there is no love for the bloke. Haven't seen him in any teams and no one predicts he'll be a top 8 midfielder by seasons end and I can't see why, through natural improvement and having fyfe by his side i defiantly can see him being a top 5-8 midfeilder! Hardly went under a ton last year also.

Judd Magic

Quote from: JMAN23 on March 20, 2017, 08:33:59 PM
Throwing the question up on why there is no love for the bloke. Haven't seen him in any teams and no one predicts he'll be a top 8 midfielder by seasons end and I can't see why, through natural improvement and having fyfe by his side i defiantly can see him being a top 5-8 midfeilder! Hardly went under a ton last year also.

Think its just cause everyone is jumping on Fyfe (due to price discount) instead and don't want both.

If Fyfe goes down I will most likely trade him to Neale though.

Was very good for me in the last part of the season last year and helped me win my cash league grand finals.  ;D

Mongoose528

I'd rather get Jelwood or Rocky, who are cheaper.

Grufflez

He could still very well be up there, although for a guy who collects so much of the pill it's hard to see Fyfe's return not having an impact.
I think Neale/Parker/Cripps would be in more teams if they hadn't had interrupted preseasons.

quinny88

Didn't he break the record for most possessions in a season last year?
Don't know what he can do to elevate himself higher than that to go super premo.
Not a bad pick but there's more value around IMO

shaker

Would love to get him but just can't see a way without getting rid of Selwood or Fyfe , this guy will still keep getting the pill that's what he does Fyfe will have no impact on that the only small point is a bit of a limited preseason but his 37 possies in last JLT is telling me he will be top 8 easily this year

silvan14

Yep I've noticed the same. I had Neale last year and he was great so little hesitation in putting him in this year. I think people are worried about his pre season but to my understanding he had recovery from upper body problems so that didn't affect his running. I think he had a calf problem but it didn't seem to be a serious one.

He's in my team but at the same time I could make a great case for Hanners, Rocky, JPK, Pendle and Parker who all aren't in my team.  I doubt you can go too wrong with any of those guys barring injury

GoLions

Quote from: quinny88 on March 21, 2017, 02:28:05 AM
Didn't he break the record for most possessions in a season last year?
Don't know what he can do to elevate himself higher than that to go super premo.
Not a bad pick but there's more value around IMO
Agree with the q-man

Where are the extra points going to come from? Highly unlikely he beats his records again.

Jacka33

-$621,600

-Averaging 118

-Has the last bye during the bye rounds

-Just scored 147 so price will only go up for the next few rounds

-Playing Richmond this round who mids seem to score well against

Why is his team selection so low at only 3.1%? and no one seems to be considering him this round.

LordSneeze

He is well and truly on the watchlist. Not sure im happy bringing him in at that price though.

shaker

Got my bye set up just about sorted so will look at him after the byes

RaisyDaisy

I've got 2 mid spots left to fill (After their byes)

Bont, Rocky and Neale are the 3 I will be choosing from

sammy123

i have 1 mid spot left.

between him and sloane

GCSkiwi

Similarly I have 2 spots to fill and had them pegged for Rocky and Sloane, but Neale is definitely on the radar. Could be a late lux trade towards the end.

tommy10

I have probably 1 mid spot after I get Bont this week, but it'll be out of Sloane/Selwood/Neale.