Previous topic - Next topic

starz

3 rokkie starting mids.
trengove avg about 75
martin avg about 80
barlow avg about 80

is it to much to start all of them

Justin Bieber

been asking myself the exact same question. tossing up between 2 or 3 rookie mids myself.

doubt they will average that much for the entire year but we are all just speculating at this stage.

Cool9

Personally, I think it's the only way to go this year for me with the general paucity of decent mid-pricers around. So its guns and rookies, and mostly in the mids. Job security is the biggest hurdle for this strategy, and the three you have there look solid. Go for it

starz

thanks mate alot of people say you will only win your league if you go for this option but with a lot of good trades i think it could be a golden move.

trust me job security for those 3 is not a problem

gablettgun

Have tht about this, i decided not to.
My theory, you woud have to trade out a rookie for another rookie first to upgrade, weakening the midifeld. Better off starting someone like Mitch Robo or zibell or someone those prices where you can easily upgrade.

Justin Bieber

i usually make room for 2 trades for 1 upgrade. sometimes only need the one if i have enough money left. makes a little cash as well incase of injury/finals.

gone with the same strategy and hope it pays off.

alman

Quote from: gablettgun on March 24, 2010, 12:53:46 PM
Have tht about this, i decided not to.
My theory, you woud have to trade out a rookie for another rookie first to upgrade, weakening the midifeld. Better off starting someone like Mitch Robo or zibell or someone those prices where you can easily upgrade.

Agree! 2 trades for the 1 upgrade with rookies - and if they increase so much that you only need 1 trade then they're probably worth keeping eg. Rich

So 3 premiums, 1 mid price, 2 rookies will make it easier to upgrade the mid-pricer if not worth keeping..