Fit Goldy ruck strategy

Started by StuL, February 21, 2017, 09:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StuL

With Goldy back earlier than expected do we now like Gawn/Goldy, set and forget, or are people still attracted to the idea of a cheapie in R2? Anyone not considering either Goldy or Gawn is out of the poll I guess but also likely unknown or mad.

fanTCfool

gloryboy

Goldy still a risk.  An expensive risk.  Need to wait and see how depleted NM midfield will effect his scoring.  And whether he's moving around the ground okay given a light pre-season and injury niggles.  Discounted R2 is the plan to give time to assess the best R2 option (Stef, Grundy or Goldy), then jump on the best option at the appropriate time.

Holz

Quote from: gloryboy on February 23, 2017, 11:17:38 AM
Goldy still a risk.  An expensive risk.  Need to wait and see how depleted NM midfield will effect his scoring.  And whether he's moving around the ground okay given a light pre-season and injury niggles.  Discounted R2 is the plan to give time to assess the best R2 option (Stef, Grundy or Goldy), then jump on the best option at the appropriate time.

i dont know what the best stat is to see who wins the ball for the ruck but im going with 3 indicators (center clearances,contested possessions and stopages.

the number is where they rank in AFL

22 Swallow
32 Ben Cunnington
40 Jack Ziebel
49 Daniel Wells

22 Ben Cunnington
24 Andrew Swallow
38 Jack Ziebel
48 Daniel Wells

9 Ben Cunnington
11 Daniel Wells
39 Andrew Swallow
46 Jack Ziebel

so based on that it pretty clear to me Cunner Swallow and JZ are his main guys and he still has them. Boomer NDS really shouldnt affect him too much, Wells will abit but there are some good guys coming in.

just an interesting fact the games Wells missed Goldy scored 105 173 99 110.

He will be fine.

in fact he is by far the lowest risk of any ruck. Gawn is far riskier costing alot more and only having 1 elite year.

the question really is Goldy at R1 do you pay up for Gawn who might not back it up, go a litte cheaper in grundy hoping he continues to improve or do you take a punt on martin or sandi.

Goldy Grundy or Goldy Gawn for me

uncleswagy

Quote from: Holz on February 23, 2017, 11:21:45 AM
Quote from: gloryboy on February 23, 2017, 11:17:38 AM

i dont know what the best stat is to see who wins the ball for the ruck but im going with 3 indicators (center clearances,contested possessions and stopages.

the number is where they rank in AFL

22 Swallow
32 Ben Cunnington
40 Jack Ziebel
49 Daniel Wells

22 Ben Cunnington
24 Andrew Swallow
38 Jack Ziebel
48 Daniel Wells

9 Ben Cunnington
11 Daniel Wells
39 Andrew Swallow
46 Jack Ziebel

so based on that it pretty clear to me Cunner Swallow and JZ are his main guys and he still has them. Boomer NDS really shouldnt affect him too much, Wells will abit but there are some good guys coming in.

just an interesting fact the games Wells missed Goldy scored 105 173 99 110.

He will be fine.

in fact he is by far the lowest risk of any ruck. Gawn is far riskier costing alot more and only having 1 elite year.

the question really is Goldy at R1 do you pay up for Gawn who might not back it up, go a litte cheaper in grundy hoping he continues to improve or do you take a punt on martin or sandi.

Goldy Grundy or Goldy Gawn for me

Do agree that NDS and boomer wont affect him, people have greatly exaggerated that, as i north fan i dont think ive seen boomer attend a centre bounce in 2 years. Dal was more of an outside guy anyway and last year when he did receive taps he seemed to just panic kick it away so im happy i wont have to yell at him through the tv for that this year

Do agree Gawns a bigger risk than people seem to want to admit. I've heard no ruckman as ever been the top scorer 2 years in a row. not saying Gawns gonna fall off the cliff like stef and sauce did but we need to question it more than we are.

I did start with goldy grundy but have moved to gawn goldy