Sammy123's SC Diary 2017

Started by sammy123, February 04, 2017, 07:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammy123

PRE JLT

Docherty,simmo,shaw,laird,keeffe,scharenberg(newman,ryan)

danger,pendles,bonts,fyfe,watson,powell-pepper,pickett,brown(myers,freeman,graham)

gawn,ryder(strnadica)

franklin,macrae,roughie,thomas,drew,bolton(black,eddy)

186.4K left

GoLions

Hmmm, maybe a bit too strong in defence?

Not a huge fan of the Watson pick, would be surprised if he averaged triple figures.

Could be worth swapping Ryder forward, and turning Roughy into Sandi, as I'd say Sandi is a much safer bet to average 100+ and make more money. Also gives you that R/F DPP.

uncleswagy

maybe a little strong in the defence id think also,

also dahlhaus seems to be the lock pick for most teams in the forwards, any reason for not picking him? the one change i would make would be doco or simmo to him

Quote from: GoLions on February 04, 2017, 08:01:21 PM
Hmmm, maybe a bit too strong in defence?

Not a huge fan of the Watson pick, would be surprised if he averaged triple figures.

Could be worth swapping Ryder forward, and turning Roughy into Sandi, as I'd say Sandi is a much safer bet to average 100+ and make more money. Also gives you that R/F DPP.

also not a fan of the jobe pick.
the only way id pick ryder is for sandi cover as golions said but i wouldnt pick either other wise, id look at switching ryder to atleast a stef martin/sauce jacobs type if you dont like the sandi option

sammy123

once sandi got injured i crossed him off the list.

dahl will probs be in final team. i have consudered grundy as r2

GoLions

Quote from: sammy123 on February 04, 2017, 10:27:43 PM

Yeah that's fair enough. I don't have Sandi or Ryder myself, but can see the merit in picking them, hence the suggestion.

If you think Grundy can match Goldy (or get very close to him), then I reckon take the punt. Otherwise, may as well pay up for Gawn and Goldy, and enjoy not having to worry about your rucks all year :P (hopefully)

uncleswagy

had grundy in my r2 spot for a while, i like the pick

sammy123

Quote from: GoLions on February 04, 2017, 10:29:58 PM

Yeah that's fair enough. I don't have Sandi or Ryder myself, but can see the merit in picking them, hence the suggestion.

If you think Grundy can match Goldy (or get very close to him), then I reckon take the punt. Otherwise, may as well pay up for Gawn and Goldy, and enjoy not having to worry about your rucks all year :P (hopefully)

GL you think watto is worth upgrading or down?

GoLions

Quote from: sammy123 on February 05, 2017, 10:35:13 AM
Quote from: GoLions on February 04, 2017, 10:29:58 PM

GL you think watto is worth upgrading or down?
A lot of people have someone like D Swallow at M6 or M7, so i think you would be too weak in the mids if you downgraded him. Kind of depends how many rookies are playing early on, and in what positions though.

Glenmaggie

I like the team, seems a bit solid in defence though. Plenty of good rookies in defence this year. I would get rid of Shaw or Docherty and get a JPK or Hanneberry in the mids.

Also, maybe try and get rid of Jobe and get a couple of DPP mids in your forward line, FRanklin and Roughy can be great but can be inconsistent. Midfield types better for scoring. Good luck!!!!

uncleswagy

just saw that you have 186k in the bank. if thats right then id be switching watson to whoever you think the best midfielder si that you dont have

sammy123

so made some changes

simpson,shaw,laird,keefe,scharenbeg,newman(ryan,stewart)

danger,pendles,jpk,bonts,fyfe,S.powel-p,pickett,brown(myers,freeman,graham)

gawn,ryder(strnadica)

dahl,macrae,roughead,ainsworth,thomas,drew(bolton,eddy)

its some how left with 445.5K left.

ideas on where it needs to be used

Ringo

Nice Team -

With 445k would look at upgrading Ryder to a prem ruck - Goldy, Gundy, Jacobs Martin etc. and with remainder see if you have enough to upgrade in mids to Beams, Murphy or Swallow but watch during JLT.

Go with gut though,

Money Shot

Ryder to Goldy
Brown too Beams/Murphy

sammy123

Quote from: Ringo on February 07, 2017, 11:07:52 AM
Nice Team -

With 445k would look at upgrading Ryder to a prem ruck - Goldy, Gundy, Jacobs Martin etc. and with remainder see if you have enough to upgrade in mids to Beams, Murphy or Swallow but watch during JLT.

Go with gut though,

how is beams travelling ringo?

sammy123

went ryder>grundy

brown>m.murphy