INJURED PLAYERS DISCUSSION THREAD 2017

Started by LF, January 31, 2017, 05:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

Grazz

Quote from: Holz on May 16, 2017, 06:22:00 PM
By 2-3 weeks that better mean he is back after the bye if not that will be very costly.

I want to dump him but also want myers

I'm holding.  :-\

Judd Magic

Flowering bad news about Rocky. :(

Can't carry him for 2-3 weeks with the bye. 

I am 1006 overall and only 2-4 in my cash league so I need the points which means I will have to trade him unfortunately.  :'(

GoLions

Quote from: Judd Magic on May 16, 2017, 08:01:35 PM

I am 1006 overall and only 2-4 in my cash league so I need the points which means I will have to trade him unfortunately.  :'(
Do eet.

Judd Magic

Quote from: GoLions on May 16, 2017, 08:03:24 PM

Do eet.

I am and I will.  ;D

Like I said just can't carry him that long in the position I am in.

If I was say 4-0 in my cash league then I would think about carrying Rocky but sadly I am not and need to get more wins on the board.

The flowering cash league I am in is ranked 23rd overall.  :o

Huttabito

Treloar should be back this week  ;)

Judd Magic

Quote from: Huttabito on May 16, 2017, 08:31:54 PM

Treloar should be back this week  ;)

Treloar?

Whose he?  ;D

There are always 2-3 players that troll me per year where I waste multiple trades on.

I think it was 2 years ago that I wasted 8 trades on Rocky, Sloane and Ablett alone when they were getting injured all the time. LOL!  :o

Out in, out in, etc.  ::)

Bully

ok, plan of attack will be JPK this week, Selwood next week, Gray the week after & Rocky in round 12. That's depth through to M9.

Judd Magic

Quote from: Bully on May 16, 2017, 09:19:09 PM
ok, plan of attack will be JPK this week, Selwood next week, Gray the week after & Rocky in round 12. That's depth through to M9.

I'm now thinking Rocky > Dusty and Otten > JPK via Adams.

2 downgrades next week Hampton > McNiece and Butler > Stewart which can hopefully nab me Selwood the week after by going Barrett > Selwood.

Have $73,000 in the bank after this weeks trades so might be able to pull it off.  ;)

Mat0369

Yeah, I don't think you can afford to hold Rocky if going for overall. Fisher/Barrett are probably looking at a 40/60 for both weeks he is out. If you're pretty screwed round 11 it's also another way to fix that.

GoLions

Quote from: Judd Magic on May 16, 2017, 09:22:35 PM
Quote from: Bully on May 16, 2017, 09:19:09 PM

I'm now thinking Rocky > Dusty and Otten > JPK via Adams.

2 downgrades next week Hampton > McNiece and Butler > Stewart which can hopefully nab me Selwood the week after by going Barrett > Selwood.

Have $73,000 in the bank after this weeks trades so might be able to pull it off.  ;)
Instead of getting Jelwood, you could wait a week on him and bring in Rocky after his bye. BE of only 53 iirc.

Judd Magic

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 16, 2017, 09:23:51 PM
Yeah, I don't think you can afford to hold Rocky if going for overall. Fisher/Barrett are probably looking at a 40/60 for both weeks he is out. If you're pretty screwed round 11 it's also another way to fix that.

That's exactly what I have been trying to say mate.

Look I love Rocky, he's a champion and SC pig but being at 1006 overall and 2-4 in my cash league I just can't carry him and play Myers/Fisher. Its just too many points that I will loose over the next 3 weeks. And whose to say its only 3 weeks, it could be 4.  ::)

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Judd Magic on May 16, 2017, 09:31:53 PM

Look I love Rocky, he's a champion and SC pig but being at 1006 overall and 2-4 in my cash league I just can't carry him and play Myers/Fisher. Its just too many points that I will loose over the next 3 weeks. And whose to say its only 3 weeks, it could be 4.  ::)

Can't just play the short game though either. Sometimes you need hold injured/under performing players because if you trade them all the time you'll be copping donuts or fielding poor rookies later in the season when you've run out of trades

Rocky is a clear hold IMO. Use your trades and cash to upgrade elsewhere and get closer to completing your team, which will still improve your overall scoring in the meantime anyway

Mat0369

Two things which will really hurt with Rocky in the short term and long term. He misses a minimum of 3 games. Yes it's best 18 in the bye, but it still means he is a non-player. Anything more then a fortnight and going for overall you have to trade, especially in the middle where the rookies are horrible. When he comes back he could play forward if they try and protect him. The bread and butter of his scoring is tackling and contested possessions, both which are tougher to get with a bad shoulder.

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 16, 2017, 10:10:11 PM
Quote from: Judd Magic on May 16, 2017, 09:31:53 PM

Can't just play the short game though either. Sometimes you need hold injured/under performing players because if you trade them all the time you'll be copping donuts or fielding poor rookies later in the season when you've run out of trades

Rocky is a clear hold IMO. Use your trades and cash to upgrade elsewhere and get closer to completing your team, which will still improve your overall scoring in the meantime anyway

3 weeks is a long time though, I'd be trading if I was in JM's position.