quinny88

Holz

Quote from: Sweet Chilli on January 11, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
Quote from: fasttrack13 on January 06, 2017, 11:31:55 PM
Quote from: Ringo on January 06, 2017, 10:50:04 AM
Quote from: _wato on January 06, 2017, 12:29:29 AM

Another one
Bontempelli $586k v T Mitchell $566k

Tom Mitchell no doubt... Collects the ball at will, undoubtedly will get more opportunity at hawthorn. Sydney mids took a hell of a lot of points off him and he was really only ever around the ball in junk time situations. Doubt that'll be the case this year

I think that Titch will get lots more attention at the Hawks. As he is now probably their number one midfielder. He could cop a tag, and when he copped a tag in the past he didn't go so well. I still think his scores will be good for the year. But also up and down. Some 60's and then some ridiculous 140's as well. Not sure he is consistent enough. That said I will see how he starts the season.

The Bont is the smooth moving machine. That is very efficient. Just sometimes doesn't get enough of the ball. And will also cop a tag I feel.

I think the simple one is this

AFL Power Rankings

Patrick Dangerfield
Josh P. Kennedy
Robbie Gray
Scott Pendlebury
Marcus Bontempelli
Todd Goldstein
Nic Naitanui
Rory Sloane
Cyril Rioli
Dayne Zorko

they are all gun SCers

then we have Mitchell at 62.

Always pick the better AFL player.

Huttabito

Quote from: quinny88 on January 11, 2017, 04:40:05 PM
Rance V Laird
I expect them to average the same over the season however Rance will fluctuate more and will be able to be picked up cheaper later in the season, thus I am starting with Laird of the two.

shaker

Quote from: Huttabito on January 11, 2017, 04:54:36 PM
Rance V Laird
I expect them to average the same over the season however Rance will fluctuate more and will be able to be picked up cheaper later in the season, thus I am starting with Laird of the two.

Going on last years scores can't see how you can say Rance will fluctuate more but they are both good picks probably will start with both

fanTCfool

Quote from: shaker on January 11, 2017, 05:24:46 PM
Rance V Laird

Going on last years scores can't see how you can say Rance will fluctuate more but they are both good picks probably will start with both

I would rather start Laird and gauge how Richmond are going, it seems that Rance almost goes better when Richmond's season is cooked. 100, 145, 120, 126, 80 and 90 to end the year.

Holz

Rance V Laird

because Rance is a KPP he has to fluctuate.

forget that fact he is pretty much the most stable SC back and one of the most stable SC players in the comp not only last year but for his last 6-7 years.

Huttabito

Rance V Laird

Rance's lowest price last year was $92.6k lower than his starting price compared to Laird who's was $38.5k. I'm not saying either are bad picks and I'm sure to end up with both come season end, however I only have room for 1 in my starting side and I've opted for Laird as it saves $9k initially and I think I will be able to get him more cheaper at some point in the season.

Holz

Quote from: Huttabito on January 11, 2017, 06:02:27 PM
Rance V Laird

Rance's lowest price last year was $92.6k lower than his starting price compared to Laird who's was $38.5k. I'm not saying either are bad picks and I'm sure to end up with both come season end, however I only have room for 1 in my starting side and I've opted for Laird as it saves $9k initially and I think I will be able to get him more cheaper at some point in the season.

who else is in your starting side?

im not going to put up a case against laird as both are must haves in my books.

Laird starter the year cheaper and averaged just under rance so thats why he didn't drop. he was actually less consistent though so if he started the season the same price as rance then you would have been able to pick him up cheaper then rance.

LordSneeze

Rance V Laird

This one has got me thinking, when I did my first draft I put both in considering both as strong consistent options in defence.
Looking into both though and I see a few things that concern me.

Laird DE% was 82% last year, the highest of every player averaging over 25 possessions. In matches when he went sub 100 he only went at 78% on average.
Laird had 6 of 17 games with 30+ possessions (for comparison Shaw only had 4/22, Docherty 6/22, Simpson  7/22), what this tells me is his scores was very much reliant on him getting the pill and disposing of it well compared to other defenders that pad their scores with other stats.

Rance's stats really only show moderate improvement from 2014. Improved marks and slight disposal improvement. His DE% went at 86% last year. When Rance had a few good runs he was averaging 22 possessions a game, outside this he was only averaging 90
If you want a player that will average 87-93 then feel free to pick him as the majority of his scores will be around this mark, with the odd 100+ offsetting the odd 70. Im feeling that his averages of 96 & 98 in the last 2 years are somewhat deceptive and likely to fall back to a 90ish this year.

Gandalf123

Quote from: LordSneeze on January 11, 2017, 07:35:42 PM
Rance V Laird

This one has got me thinking, when I did my first draft I put both in considering both as strong consistent options in defence.
Looking into both though and I see a few things that concern me.

Laird DE% was 82% last year, the highest of every player averaging over 25 possessions. In matches when he went sub 100 he only went at 78% on average.
Laird had 6 of 17 games with 30+ possessions (for comparison Shaw only had 4/22, Docherty 6/22, Simpson  7/22), what this tells me is his scores was very much reliant on him getting the pill and disposing of it well compared to other defenders that pad their scores with other stats.

Rance's stats really only show moderate improvement from 2014. Improved marks and slight disposal improvement. His DE% went at 86% last year. When Rance had a few good runs he was averaging 22 possessions a game, outside this he was only averaging 90
If you want a player that will average 87-93 then feel free to pick him as the majority of his scores will be around this mark, with the odd 100+ offsetting the odd 70. Im feeling that his averages of 96 & 98 in the last 2 years are somewhat deceptive and likely to fall back to a 90ish this year.
Agree, although Laird does get a lot of the pill, a lot of it is backwards/cheap kicks and handballs which doesn't add up to much in ways of supercoach scoring which can be frustrating when you see he has 35 touches and he finishes with like a 98, that's the only knock i have on him though and i will probably be starting with him too.

quinny88

I could have both in my starting side. For me it's a matter of picking 3 out of Shaw, Adams, Rance and Laird and I have Adams slightly ahead with Shaw a lock to go 105ish.
My question is more around if anyone sees either breaking out further. Probably Laird the one with the most potential to do that but can he elevate himself to be a 100+ player?

RaisyDaisy

I plan on starting only 3 def prems so cant see myself starting either Rance or Laird

Oddly enough, I've never had Rance in my SC team all years of playing, not intentionally,  just so happens to be

fasttrack13

Rance V Laird

Rance has proved that he will play 20+ games without injury, which is laird's problem. But laird hitting prime age now where injuries tend to cease. I think laird will average 5-10 points more if he goes injury free. Rance is safer option but Laird more upside.

Last 4 of 5 years uninjured for Rance
Laird not one year where he's played all 22

Ringo

Another one for Defence

Jack Martin (Suns) v Bob Murphy (Dogs)
Martin's stats made interesting reading when I started the investigation 8 scores over 90 with 3 tons,  6 scores though below 50. Rumoured to be training well and has DPP to forwards. Martin was the 2012 No 1 draft pick and at 22 could this be his break out year.
Murphy returning from injury lay off 35 years of age though although and only averaged over 90 3 times in career (excluding last year)
One of the two will sit at D3 to start with as going very heavy in mids.

fasttrack13

Quote from: Ringo on January 12, 2017, 02:33:31 PM
Another one for Defence

Jack Martin (Suns) v Bob Murphy (Dogs)
Martin's stats made interesting reading when I started the investigation 8 scores over 90 with 3 tons,  6 scores though below 50. Rumoured to be training well and has DPP to forwards. Martin was the 2012 No 1 draft pick and at 22 could this be his break out year.
Murphy returning from injury lay off 35 years of age though although and only averaged over 90 3 times in career (excluding last year)
One of the two will sit at D3 to start with as going very heavy in mids.

Mini Draft wasn't it..?
Either way i'd take martin, murphy's scores will be a lot lower than 2015 let alone 2016 average. His ACL innjury will hurt him