Player X v Player Y

Started by _wato, January 06, 2017, 12:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_wato

Remember seeing (potentially making) this thread last year and had some great discussion and helped out a lot. Especially prior to season launch.

My biggest one currently is JPK v Hanners.

Can anyone shed some light on their pre seasons? Also, who fills the points void left by Titch?

RaisyDaisy

Not sure there's a void to be filled - just a few more points to be spread around the existing core mids, plus I expect Heeney, Mills etc will increase

Start Hanners, because I want JPK to be as much of a POD as possible :P

Ringo

Quote from: _wato on January 06, 2017, 12:29:29 AM
Remember seeing (potentially making) this thread last year and had some great discussion and helped out a lot. Especially prior to season launch.

Can anyone shed some light on their pre seasons? Also, who fills the points void left by Titch?
Can not go wrong with either and I will be starting one. Hanners at the moment but will be watching Swans pre-season to see how JPK is going to be used.

Another one
Bontempelli $586k v T Mitchell $566k

Holz

Quote from: Ringo on January 06, 2017, 10:50:04 AM

Can not go wrong with either and I will be starting one. Hanners at the moment but will be watching Swans pre-season to see how JPK is going to be used.

Another one

Super easy.

Bont is a star, rated as one of the best players in the game already. Titch just racks up ball.

You know who Champion Data will give points to.

one im struggling with is Taylor Adams v Tom Mcondald.

Tmac had a big last 2/3 of the season and gives some much needed cash.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on January 06, 2017, 11:01:29 AM

You know how hard it was for me to give up TMac in Worlds - I rate him so highly and he is locked in my side for 2017. Will be a POD, and I think he can go 95+ comfortably

Adams will be super popular, but I can't see myself starting him. I'm sure he will also go 90+ but he tends to miss games and Collingwood have so much midfield depth so I'm a little uncertain on how he will go - prefe to wait and see so possible upgrade target for me

fasttrack13

Another one

Tom Mitchell no doubt... Collects the ball at will, undoubtedly will get more opportunity at hawthorn. Sydney mids took a hell of a lot of points off him and he was really only ever around the ball in junk time situations. Doubt that'll be the case this year

Quote from: Holz on January 06, 2017, 11:01:29 AM

Training sessions i've seen adams has been with the mids... He's 4th inline in our midfield, can also see sidebottom pushing forward to add some fire power for us. Returning small/rebounding defenders returning helps his cause too.
Only KPB i see having relevance is Rance

Sabretooth Tigers

::)

I guess the NAB is the one to watch on this one,  but

with less than 1k between the three of these players what are your thoughts on  D Beams,  $432,5000,   M Murphy,   $432,500   and I Heeney   $433,400 ??  My thoughts are that if the stars align for Heeney and he gets a reasonable amount of mid time he could very likely be a top 7 forward.  Beamer being managed for the rest of his career worries me but he is, in my mind, more than capable of averaging 110 and M Murphy confuses the living hell out of me. Can he score enough and make enough cash to be a worth while stepping stone. I don't think he can become a keeper again. Personally leaning toward Heeney and Beams ATM and both are currently in my ever changing team. What do you think  ??   Cheers all.        ;)

Peter

Going to see what Beams and Murphy do in the NAB which will give some guide. Heeney more likely to be used everywhere and may even get a tag, so not interested (yet)

shaker

Even with Gibbs and Cripps having very good years they still tagged Murphy when he played , teams just love tagging him a bit like Rich he is one I will go nowhere near this year after thinking he was a good cheap pickup last year

silvan14

Jelwood v Rocky v Neale

If they all play 22 games, I'd say Rocky. But he won't so I've gone for Jelwood based on consistency and the fact he didn't have a pre-season last year and still dominated. Neale has hurt his knee pre-season so I have my doubts. All guns, all similar price. Tough call.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: silvan14 on January 09, 2017, 10:23:45 PM
Jelwood v Rocky v Neale

If they all play 22 games, I'd say Rocky. But he won't so I've gone for Jelwood based on consistency and the fact he didn't have a pre-season last year and still dominated. Neale has hurt his knee pre-season so I have my doubts. All guns, all similar price. Tough call.

I wouldn't start Neale - need to see how he goes with Fyfe in the side

I expect Jelwood to be a bit of a POD to start this year too

silvan14

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 09, 2017, 10:31:22 PM
Jelwood v Rocky v Neale

I'm actually going with Jelwood and Treloar as M1/M2 at this stage. I think Treloar may overtake Pendles at Collingwood and waiting for Danger to come down in price. Maybe Jelwood is my POD like JPK is yours :)

shaker

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 09, 2017, 10:31:22 PM
Jelwood v Rocky v Neale

I will be starting Neale over Fyfe he proved to me last year he loves getting the pill and that will continue this year no matter who is on the field , more concerned with Fyfe 2 years ruined from his leg cracking the same leg thinking he might be eased into the season as any more trouble with the leg would be a disaster for him

crowls

Be inclined to play rocky over Jelwood or Neale.     Rocky is a proven pig SC scorer and if he buckles you will have the money to move onto someone else.   Jelwood as usual you will be able to access later at a value price via upgrade maybe in the early bye round.   

Fyfe is a toss of the dice.   Either way I am not sure what impact he will have on Neale's scoring so going to leave Neale alone and decide on Fyfe after watching the pre season games.

Danger, Pendles locked,   all the rest up in the air still.    hmmm maybe Bont just because I love the way he plays and he is next likely superprem.   

Sweet Chilli

Quote from: fasttrack13 on January 06, 2017, 11:31:55 PM

Another one

Tom Mitchell no doubt... Collects the ball at will, undoubtedly will get more opportunity at hawthorn. Sydney mids took a hell of a lot of points off him and he was really only ever around the ball in junk time situations. Doubt that'll be the case this year

I think that Titch will get lots more attention at the Hawks. As he is now probably their number one midfielder. He could cop a tag, and when he copped a tag in the past he didn't go so well. I still think his scores will be good for the year. But also up and down. Some 60's and then some ridiculous 140's as well. Not sure he is consistent enough. That said I will see how he starts the season.

The Bont is the smooth moving machine. That is very efficient. Just sometimes doesn't get enough of the ball. And will also cop a tag I feel.

Taylor Adams gets injured a lot. I'm looking for more stable player. Even though I know he will pump out big scores though the year.

Tmac will be more consistent than last year. But not sure he will get back to his heights of a few years ago.