Eagle vs Shark 2017

Started by GCSkiwi, December 11, 2016, 08:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GCSkiwi

With SC gold team picker out, I've put together a draft #1.

Mid pricer madness has taken over with a number of good players on discount out there, more than likely this will be trimmed to a more guns and rooks look as we go, but for now:

T.Adams, M.Hurley, H.Hartlett, R.Murphy, M.Johnson, A,McGrath (J.Scrimshaw, M.Scharenberg)
S.Pendlebury, N.Fyfe, T.Mitchell, J.Watson, D.Beams, J.O'meara, D.Swallow, T.Taranto (D.Myers, B.Ainsworth, N.Freeman)
T.Goldstein, A.Sandilands (L.Strnadica)
L.Dahlhaus, J.Macrae, J.Roughead, A.Monfries, H.McCluggage, J.Bowes (B.Schoenmakers, B.Eddy)

Haven't considered bye structure at all. Chosen rooks mainly based on holding money for them, basically spent every cent, but only have 4 rookies on field.

I suspect people wont like the choice of Titch, Jobe or Monfries, plus there are others who still need to fix their bodies up. Will use this as a starting point once I know more about injuries and rookies.

Ringo

Not a bad start Kiwi. Will be sound if all can stay on the Park.

Do not mind the choice Of Titch as with the departure of Sam and Lewis will have plenty of opportunities to lift his game.

With Sandi as R2 would look at getting some cover with a R/F like Ryder, Boyd or even Nankervis at a new club.

Jobe is the only real worry for me and would observe through the pre-season to see his mind set after all the dramas.

GoLions

Yeah I also like the Titch pick, tempted to go with him as well myself, but would probably be at the expense of Pendles and I don't wanna do that :-X

Get Monfries outta there though, he's poo ;D

Rest looks alright, a few speculative picks, personally I'm not as keen on some of those Bombers/suspended players who are returning, but could easily work out.

GCSkiwi

Ok first crack for an actual half-informed team:

Adams, Laird, Hurley, McGrath, Keefe, Schaz (Mitch Hibberd, Stewart)
Danger, Pendles, GAJ, Fyfe, Titch, D. Swallow, Ainsworth, SPP, (J. Thomas, Myers, Ahern)
Goldy, Sandi (Strnadica)
Dahl, Macrae, Ryder, Roughy, Luggage, Bowes, (Stewart, Eddy)

48k remaining.

Not sure how they're scoring the round 9 bye, if it's best 18 I'm still ok but will have 4 mids and 3 fwds out, so 2 men down on field if it's like a regular game...
Sandi I know has pulled a calf, as long as he plays round 1 he's worth the risk I feel.

Thoughts/comments appreciated :)

gloryboy

Quote from: GCSkiwi on February 02, 2017, 11:55:08 AM

Danger, Pendles, GAJ, Fyfe, Titch, D. Swallow, Ainsworth, SPP, (J. Thomas, Myers, Ahern)
Goldy, Sandi (Strnadica)

48k remaining.

Not sure how they're scoring the round 9 bye, if it's best 18 I'm still ok but will have 4 mids and 3 fwds out, so 2 men down on field if it's like a regular game...
Sandi I know has pulled a calf, as long as he plays round 1 he's worth the risk I feel.

R9 bye is a standard round, from what I understand.

I wouldn't worry about your rookies from PTA/GC, they should be gone by R9 :)

But not having 2-3 premos, whilst others have 0, could be tough

GoLions

Team looks pretty good :)

Quote from: gloryboy on February 02, 2017, 12:00:33 PM

Goldy, Sandi (Strnadica)

48k remaining.

And yep, standard round during the Port/Suns bye. As glory said, some of those rookies will be traded by then anyway (e.g. SPP, Ainsworth, Eddy), so then you should be all good there.

So really all you'll be missing is Ryder and Swallow, which is fairly standard. And it also means they play every game in the regular bye rounds, which definitely helps.

gloryboy

Quote from: GoLions on February 02, 2017, 12:03:00 PM
Team looks pretty good :)

Quote from: gloryboy on February 02, 2017, 12:00:33 PM

Goldy, Sandi (Strnadica)

48k remaining.

And yep, standard round during the Port/Suns bye. As glory said, some of those rookies will be traded by then anyway (e.g. SPP, Ainsworth, Eddy), so then you should be all good there.

So really all you'll be missing is Ryder and Swallow, which is fairly standard. And it also means they play every game in the regular bye rounds, which definitely helps.

Yep, ideally u get in R9 bye players after the R9 bye.  But u gotta start Swallow/Ryder at their prices

You missed GAJ :)

GoLions

Ah yeah :P

Tbh even Swallow could be gone by then, depending on how well he's going.

gloryboy

Quote from: GoLions on February 02, 2017, 12:05:44 PM
Ah yeah :P

Tbh even Swallow could be gone by then, depending on how well he's going.

Yep :)  Although could be a good option through byes, considering he'll play every game R11-R13.  Then upgrade

fasttrack13

Re-Think roughy and hurley i reckon. Both probably upgrade targets if they're performing considering the time off they've had

GCSkiwi

Right, after a couple of JLT games to get a feel, the starting lineup has changed a little!

Adams, Laird, Hurley, Marchbank, Hampton, EVW (Newman, Stewart)
Danger, Pendles, Ablett, Fyfe, Titchell, JOM, Swallow, Ainsworth (SPP, Wigg, Hibberd)
Goldy, Sandi (Strnadica)
Dahl, Macrae, Roughy, Nank, Knight, Turner (Black, Eddy)

$40k to play with.
Still iffy on some rooks but she'll do for now. If I need a bit more cash then Hurley to Mills and Ablett to [insert player here, at this point probably Jelwood] are options I've toyed with. But it's already a bit cookie-cutter, Hurley and GAJ are PODs I'm happy to punt on (4.6 and 6.7% respectively).

Ringo

Nice Kiwi - Not that cookie cutter although structures are basally the same the selection of prems are different.

Final decisions will come down to rookies available.

Cookie Monster

Rate the Hurley pick, will gather 18+ touches and 8+ marks with plenty of effective long kicks. Will score well.

Gandalf123

Looking very good mate, think this set up will start becoming very familiar! Like your pod picks and hopefully you get some reward for risk, what do ya reckon nank will actually hit avg wise?

GCSkiwi

Thanks guys

Nank honestly I'm picking for Sandi cover and the chance he'll maintain JLT form. Every chance he'll Lumumba me, but I'd be happy with 80+ which I reckon he can do. Couple of big games here and there and hopefully I can flick him when he's on a spike (if needed).